U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 10:08 PM

8,163 posts, read 13,191,743 times

Advertisements

In Cav's owner Gilbert's message to Mark Cuban, he congratulated him and also posted on twitter (as a stab at Lebron) There are no shortcuts! Ever! I FU--IN' LOVE IT !!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 10:10 PM

239 posts, read 305,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Oh my God I was joyous in celebration 5 years ago when the Hurricanes won the Stanley Cup and haven't experienced anything since.

Thank you Mavericks for this. 2006 was really a weird year with the Canes winning the Cup on June 19, 2006 and the Mavs collapse occurring the very next day to the Heat. Now I can fully celebrate a pro basketball title that means something to me.
Love it when the canes won it all in 06! Yeah finally mavs fans can celebrate. And once again thank you Mavs!

Old 06-12-2011, 10:12 PM

239 posts, read 305,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
In Cav's owner Gilbert's message to Mark Cuban, he congratulated him and also posted on twitter (as a stab at Lebron) There are no shortcuts! Ever! I FU--IN' LOVE IT !!!!
This is one thing we can agree on.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:15 PM

9,735 posts, read 18,439,442 times
I dont really care for b-ball but lebron james is a loudmouth punk & im glad the mavs beat miami.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:19 PM

1,561 posts, read 1,101,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
I dont really care for b-ball but lebron james is a loudmouth punk & im glad the mavs beat miami.
I'm not a huge basketball fan. To be honest, I grew up liking the Spurs more than the Mavericks. But Dirk Nowitzki is a class act, and one can't help but root for the home team.

Plus, I really, really wanted to see Miami lose. If their arrogance were dirt, it would have a congressman.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:35 PM

3,059 posts, read 3,230,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Good job in smacking around the bullies. You earned this title !!!

Yes!!! Finally Dirk and the city of Dallas gets what should have been their's, 5 years ago. I plan to be at the victory parade The Heat will never win another, playing as a group of individuals, rather than as a team

Old 06-12-2011, 10:41 PM

6,566 posts, read 9,079,396 times
Congrats to Jason Kidd.

YouTube - ‪jason kidd mix‬‏

Old 06-12-2011, 10:53 PM

15,891 posts, read 15,306,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lothartheterrible View Post
Hopefully everyone in Cleveland is enjoying this one right along with us Dallasites. Good to see Dirk get a ring.
Yes, I hear that Cleveland is very happy. Actually, I'm hearing shouts of joy from all over the country.

The Mavericks earned this title. It's a real joy to watch these guys play as a team. They really know each other and no one tries to hog the glory.

Not only am I thrilled our guys won but I am also very happy that the Heat lost. I rarely feel that way but I just can't stand that team. The coach has a lot of class and that's about all they have going for them.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:58 PM

14,330 posts, read 19,551,639 times
Yes, congrats to the Mavs! Way to represent the West. Great for Nowitzi, Kidd, and Marion.

Wade, James, and Bosh should be ashamed of themselves for acting as though the three of them could by themselves deliver a championship to Miami. They lost to a more complete team. Tough lesson they had to learn the hard way. Good stuff!

Old 06-12-2011, 11:51 PM

1,632 posts, read 403,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
This Mavs team is seriously really deep. They have to make a decision on whether to re-sign Butler, Stevenson, Terry, and Barea. I think they will lose Barea and Butler to free agency. I doubt they will want Stevenson back. They have a good young player in Brewer. Peja might be back with minimum $. I think Terry re-signs. Other than that, i think their roster is still intact.
Terry says he wants to finish his career in Dallas. I think Barea will stay being a fan favorite and all in Dallas, although he says he also likes Miami and New York, I believe it was. I don't really care about Stevenson but I hope Butler stays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or