U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-13-2011, 12:03 PM
 
Location: Texas
1,632 posts, read 403,812 times
Reputation: 509

Advertisements

On ESPN's SportsNation last week, the nation poll "What % of SN would give Isiah Thomas a chance to coach their team?" and a guy in the background said "Zerooo!"
I really wish there were a few sane people at the Heat rally before the season to finish LeBron James' "Not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, not six, not seven...." sentence with the same "Zerooo!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-13-2011, 12:04 PM
 
2,113 posts, read 2,326,080 times
Reputation: 1762
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Observer53 is right. It's too bad he doesn't think before he speaks. That statement, backed with his comments about Dirk Nowitzki regarding Dirk battling a cold, well there is just no excuse for that stuff.
I agree with this. Mocking and imitating someone's illness is just classless. Not surprising though, the league and the media have been coddling/worshiping him for years. His ego's probably the size of Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2011, 12:47 PM
 
17,644 posts, read 36,148,786 times
Reputation: 10164
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
He didn't disrespect his fans or impartial fans... he addressed the haters.
I didn't say HIS fans, I said NBA fans. People who aren't basketball fans could not possibly care less about LeBron James. Those who have been critical of him, and/or "the haters" if you will, are still NBA fans. He needs some serious PR help. He can afford it, and it would surely help quiet those who criticize him, as he keeps giving them reasons to, both on and off the court.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2011, 04:17 PM
 
Location: Fort Mill, SC
2,532 posts, read 2,947,382 times
Reputation: 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
I didn't say HIS fans, I said NBA fans. People who aren't basketball fans could not possibly care less about LeBron James. Those who have been critical of him, and/or "the haters" if you will, are still NBA fans. He needs some serious PR help. He can afford it, and it would surely help quiet those who criticize him, as he keeps giving them reasons to, both on and off the court.
His fans and impartial fans are NBA fans too. Don't know where you are trying to go with this one.

For some reason these "other" fans are somehow hurt by a 1 hr special that none of them had to watch. It's not like this is the first time someone hasn't stuck it to their old team. Any true NBA fan would realize that and know that each one of these players wants to win a championship bad and Lebron made a move in which he thought he would have the best chance at that. Proof in the pudding... Lebron made the Finals in the first year with a team that was slapped together last minute once the big 3 signed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2011, 04:26 PM
 
Location: 20 years from now
5,526 posts, read 5,720,791 times
Reputation: 3454
Truth be told, Lebron doesn't have a lot of time to live up to all the expectations anyway. Considering he came into the league straight out of HS, the man has nearly 7-8 years experience on his legs despite being 26. I'd say he has roughly 5 years to play at peak performance. By that time he would be about 31 or 32 but on a downhill slump. There's no way you can have 14 years of miles on your legs and expect to compete at the same level. Even Kobe is experiencing this right now.

That being said, i'd expect the Heat to win atleast 1 or 2 out of 5 next years...assuming that they can get keep the "Big 3" together with a good supporting bench. Otherwise, I don't think any of them can physically promise anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2011, 04:57 PM
 
17,644 posts, read 36,148,786 times
Reputation: 10164
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
His fans and impartial fans are NBA fans too. Don't know where you are trying to go with this one.

For some reason these "other" fans are somehow hurt by a 1 hr special that none of them had to watch. It's not like this is the first time someone hasn't stuck it to their old team. Any true NBA fan would realize that and know that each one of these players wants to win a championship bad and Lebron made a move in which he thought he would have the best chance at that. Proof in the pudding... Lebron made the Finals in the first year with a team that was slapped together last minute once the big 3 signed.
It's real simple. There are millions of NBA fans who are not his big defenders, and also don't necessarily fall into the category of "haters", either. They may have been rooting for Dallas in large part because they didn't like all the hoopla over "the decision", his desertion of Cleveland, and/or the counting out how many championships they were going to win at the big rally. (You're right that a lot of players don't have the team loyalty we used to see, but such a big deal was made of this one) It was unnecessary, and classless on his part, to basically say that those people are going to wake up in the same [pathetic compared to his] life tomorrow they got up in today, with all the same problems, blah, blah (the whole quote is all over the place here) while he's just going to go back to his life [which is ever so much better than theirs] I still say he needs some serious help in how to respond to adversity in public.

How about just say it's a free country, everyone's entitled to their opinions/feelings, I stand by my decision, all I can do is come back next year and work harder to help my team reach the goal?

So his team made the Finals. Just getting to the Finals was NOT this team's goal at the beginning of the season. And his "now or never" became "never". Nine points less than his season average, and except for the first four minutes of last night's game, he was NOT a force in that game, ever, on either end of the court. 17 points TOTAL in the fourth quarter in the first five games? Great players don't do that. He let his team down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2011, 06:25 PM
 
2,113 posts, read 2,326,080 times
Reputation: 1762
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
His fans and impartial fans are NBA fans too. Don't know where you are trying to go with this one.

For some reason these "other" fans are somehow hurt by a 1 hr special that none of them had to watch. It's not like this is the first time someone hasn't stuck it to their old team. Any true NBA fan would realize that and know that each one of these players wants to win a championship bad and Lebron made a move in which he thought he would have the best chance at that. Proof in the pudding... Lebron made the Finals in the first year with a team that was slapped together last minute once the big 3 signed.
So how many Decisions have you seen aired on TV before LeBron's?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2011, 06:34 PM
 
9,029 posts, read 16,440,352 times
Reputation: 6814
As many as had a demand for such coverage ..... frequently it's highly recruited HS football prospects
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2011, 08:12 PM
 
Location: Fort Mill, SC
2,532 posts, read 2,947,382 times
Reputation: 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
So how many Decisions have you seen aired on TV before LeBron's?
I already pointed out Shaq's in one of these threads. It was a 15 min interview when he left my lovely Orlando Magic. They broke into regular television to air it. This past offseason I saw 8-10 minute interviews for Bosh, Wade, and Melo. Yes, Lebron got his own show (he was the #1 free agent in the best of all-time free agency market) vs breaking into television/sportscenter. But a spade is a spade. They all got dedicated time to tell everyone where they were heading and how they were going to be the savior for the city they went to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2011, 05:28 AM
 
3,173 posts, read 3,078,206 times
Reputation: 3699
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Truth be told, Lebron doesn't have a lot of time to live up to all the expectations anyway. Considering he came into the league straight out of HS, the man has nearly 7-8 years experience on his legs despite being 26. I'd say he has roughly 5 years to play at peak performance. By that time he would be about 31 or 32 but on a downhill slump. There's no way you can have 14 years of miles on your legs and expect to compete at the same level. Even Kobe is experiencing this right now.

That being said, i'd expect the Heat to win atleast 1 or 2 out of 5 next years...assuming that they can get keep the "Big 3" together with a good supporting bench. Otherwise, I don't think any of them can physically promise anything.
Well maybe they can talk Dwight Howard, Kobe and Rose to come on down to Miami. That way no other team will have a chance and the "Big Three" will finally get a ring.
Hey maybe they can get Dirk too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top