Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 06:23 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,537,016 times

Advertisements

People are ragging on him too much and going way overboard. Yes, he is immature at times and just needs to not comment or respond to all the criticism which i think eventually he will finally realize. I think he will really mature as a person next season. As far as his game, i am still having doubts not because he can't develop a post game, but i gotta wonder the people he surrounds himself with. Are they gonna give him some breathing room or is he gonna have to stand up and tell them he needs some space. His entourage is distracting from all reports. I also gotta wonder about his public and marketing appearances or just things that will take up his time to develop a post up game or any part of the game that he needs to improve. Maybe all the hate and the reported marketing decline in his persona will actually help his game. He might just be able to concentrate on improving instead of going out in public to parties, charities, etc.....just my thought.

He just needs to set a consistent schedule this summer to develop his game. I always enjoy seeing a talented individual grow and develop right before my eyes. You never want to see a talented player go to waste. I really think this loss hurt and you'll see a more determined Lebron. I think he finally realizes that talent alone won't cut it. I'll go out on a limb and say by next season, you'll see Lebron's post game improve considerably as the season progresses.(crossing my fingers).

It is just weird at times during the series seeing Lebron being that big facing up against Barea(5'8") and Terry(6'2") instead of posting up on them. Talk about not utilizing your physical size to advantage!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 06:27 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,697,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Continental View Post
He sure took his talents to South Beach alright
Too bad he didn't take his talents to the Finals

Old 06-13-2011, 06:34 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,214,794 times
I am truly starting to feel bad for Lebron for the level of disdain aimed at him..

Sounds like LeBron has ONE message for his fans... 'Get a life'

Old 06-13-2011, 06:44 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
The hate has really gotten to the sick point. Any player going to cleveland should think twice about it ;IMO.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:48 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,423,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Too bad he didn't take his talents to the Finals
Hahaha...

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
The hate has really gotten to the sick point. Any player going to cleveland should think twice about it ;IMO.
More like any player planning to leave prematurely. LOL..

Old 06-13-2011, 11:48 PM

121 posts, read 299,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
No, but an awful lot of people going bald wish they weren't.
true and Lebron has to wake up tomorrow with that same personal problem.

What I like was all the hype and promises of seven championships and then what...........fail.

Its funny watching Lebron, D.Wade,and Bosh at their un-veiling in Miami just before the season started.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:05 AM

3,771 posts, read 7,094,301 times
I think balding men look distinguished - at least that's what I tell myself as I begin to, ahem, bald.

But feeling bad for Lebron? Why? Cause he's so grounded and down to earth? Come on.

I'll feel bad when Miami trades him for another player that will compliment Wade and Bosh better. Imagine, for a moment, if Miami traded him to Orlando for Dwight Howard. How amazing would it be to see Lebron stuck playing along side Hedo, Richardson, Bass, Nelson, etc. Not that those are terrible players, but if those are your key sidekicks, he'd have more problems than he did in Cleveland.

Then maybe I'd feel bad... =P

Old 06-14-2011, 06:19 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
I have no idea why anyone would feel sorry for Lebron James. He's nothing more than a mercenary--he took the money and ran. The fact that he wasn't able to deliver on his promise of a championship is purely his problem. And it doesn't appear that he's learning any lessons about keeping his mouth shut.

Media reaction to James is nothing less than predictable; no surprises anywhere. He'll go home and not lose any sleep over all the shouting. And next season, he'll do the same things all over again. Then, when he's worn out his welcome in Miami, he'll dangle his presence in front of some other team willing to dig itself a nice deep hole in order to have him in their uniform.

Old 06-15-2011, 01:28 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
No, but an awful lot of people going bald wish they weren't.
Some men refuse to walk around looking like a "human light bulb"

Old 06-15-2011, 01:44 PM

419 posts, read 998,185 times
Imma gonna win 8 championships. Once we step on the floor its gonna be EASY!

YouTube - ‪Lebron James Predicts Miami will win 8 championships or more‬‏

The guy basically encouraged us to hate him. Tell us its easy once you actually accomplish it. So far, he is player that has lost in every finals he has ever played in -- no matter how much the deck was stacked in his favor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball