Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 02:08 PM

47 posts, read 50,458 times

Advertisements

Mike Brown and Spo are both very good coaches but they are not the type of men that will be respected by immature egomaniacs. Lebron is the type of person that needs a Riley, Doc Rivers, or Phil Jackson who will constantly be on his asz and not take any bs from him. A superstar should always demand the best of himself, but Lebron doesnt have this mindset. Probably wont happen but it would be in Lebrons best interest if Pat Riley coached the Heat next year. I truly believe the Heat would have won this year if Riley coached them. Lebron and his teammates would have played to a higher level. It's obviously Lebron and those fellow immature teammates amongst the Heat dont respect Spo. Jordan had Phil jackson, Kobe and Shaq had Phil Jackson, Shaq also had Riley as did DWade!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 02:15 PM

45,301 posts, read 26,793,042 times
True.

Remember that LeBron is still young.

It took Jordan 5-6 years to win his first title - and that was after 3 years of college.

Even extreme physical specimens have to grow up.

Old 06-13-2011, 02:23 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,678,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

It took Jordan 5-6 years to win his first title - and that was after 3 years of college.
7 to be exact....

Old 06-13-2011, 02:36 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,141,925 times
I think a guy like Phil Jackson would be perfect .... in large part because of how he helped mold both kobe & jordan ... one thing he demanded of both of them was to be a threat from the block ... it can't be just iso & drive .... at certain times you need to do a mid-level post and get the ball towards the paint ..... more reliable way to finish out games

I don't think lebron lacks the ability to be a finisher - I think he just lacks the experience & discipline .... games are won & lost from the FT line .... there were two games this series the heat could of easily of won if they would of worked the ball deep and toward the basket, drawing fouls, going to the line

instead, they got frustrated that the driving lanes were sealed off .... passed the ball around the edges and then either drove for a bad 18 footer or just relied on long jumpers

Phil wouldn't have that from his players

Old 06-13-2011, 03:13 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,076,529 times
^^^^all of thee above, agreed. . .we were just talking about the same thing a few moments ago as there is a segment on espn where they made reference to jordan/pippen vs lebron/wade in the finals, a great coach makes a world of difference, number 1 and number 2 needs to be defined in Miami!

Old 06-13-2011, 03:15 PM

14,169 posts, read 22,596,535 times
LeBron James needs this guy:

He'll show LeBron what choking is all about!

Old 06-13-2011, 03:17 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,085,269 times
Don Nelson anyone?

Old 06-13-2011, 03:18 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,446,281 times
Haha, Miami would be so the perfect fit for Phil Jackson. If I were a betting man (who am I kidding, I am a betting man) I would wager that Phil is done coaching though. However, Phils whole thing is getting the most out of talented rosters - this fits like a glove.

Old 06-13-2011, 04:20 PM

6,453 posts, read 6,980,144 times
As much as I'd like to say that the problem is just Lebron, I actually agree with this. Phil Jackson would be the perfect coach in this situation. Lebron needs a coach to say "you're nothing special, I've seen it all before" type of guy who can tell him to man up come crunch time without Lebron feeling like he's too good to listen to him.

I think Spoelstra is a good coach, but he doesn't have quite the pull to get into a player's face of Lebron's caliber to actually challenge him like Jackson could.

Old 06-13-2011, 04:32 PM

47 posts, read 50,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
As much as I'd like to say that the problem is just Lebron, I actually agree with this. Phil Jackson would be the perfect coach in this situation. Lebron needs a coach to say "you're nothing special, I've seen it all before" type of guy who can tell him to man up come crunch time without Lebron feeling like he's too good to listen to him.

I think Spoelstra is a good coach, but he doesn't have quite the pull to get into a player's face of Lebron's caliber to actually challenge him like Jackson could.

Great point. If Phil Jackson coached them he could say "Lebron I've coached three guys Jordan, Shaq, and Kobe" that were better and more accomplished than you. You really arent as good as you think you are". That would light a fire under Lebrons asz I bet!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball