Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 06:42 AM

41,729 posts, read 74,675,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Ohio has major economic problems and your governor is spending his time on this?
LOL, grow a sense of humor, wouldja pleez?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 07:49 AM

1,048 posts, read 1,546,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
LOL, grow a sense of humor, wouldja pleez?
Except it wasn't funny. It just confirms my impression about Ohio...that the state sucks so hard they have to root for others to fail instead of their teams to succeed. Now hopefully Ohio State football will be completely put out of commission for years (as it should be)...has the Governor written a "tongue in cheek" letter to Jim Tressel?

Old 06-15-2011, 08:08 AM

77,721 posts, read 59,870,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
ncopus99 seems to be defending LeBron over and over and over.

No need to tell others to pace themselves. You seem to be pretty involved in each LeBron thread as well.
I'm pretty involved in most basketball threads. Welcome to the forum.

We have about 20 "I hate Lebron" threads.....so I'm actually enjoying a thread dedicated to the OTHER idiots.

Pretty much we can't have a conversation on a topic around here anymore without the Spawn of Lebron hijacking or contributing their pearls of wisdom gleaned from almost watching and entire NBA game.....once. So, this is our little slice of heaven to express how weel feel about the situation.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
The Cavs couldn't provide him with a championship caliber team and so he left them. Sorry if that was your team. Cavs management and the people of Ohio are telling potential future players is you better not leave or else we will torch up your jersey and trash your name for years to come. If I was a potential player, no way I would ever touch that floor.
^^^^Yep.

The cavs are making a strong impression on some of the big agents out there as well as future young players. Hence my prediction that if I had to bet $1000 on either Lebron winning a ring or cleveland having a winning season.....it's an easy call IMO.

Old 06-15-2011, 09:40 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,687,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Hour? Try 5 minutes. He announced it 5 minutes into the special.

The Cavs couldn't provide him with a championship caliber team and so he left them. Sorry if that was your team. Cavs management and the people of Ohio are telling potential future players is you better not leave or else we will torch up your jersey and trash your name for years to come. If I was a potential player, no way I would ever touch that floor.
5 minutes? If 5 minutes = half an hour to you, then sure, he announced it 5 minutes into the special.

The Cavs earned the best record in the NBA 2 years in a row. How is that not doing enough to provide him with a championship caliber team?

Old 06-15-2011, 10:12 AM

Quote:
The Cavs earned the best record in the NBA 2 years in a row. How is that not doing enough to provide him with a championship caliber team?
The drop-off in wins after the departure of Lebron is fairly damning of the lack of talent they managed to put around him during that time.

So who was the 2nd best player on Cleveland they managed to get?

Mo Williams who has now been with 3 different teams in 2 years post Lebron and is currently stinking up the joint playing for the Clippers.

Delonte West was WAIVED not even traded and wound up taking a job as a bench player for the Celtics for near minimum $$$.

Ilgauskis old and worn out.

Varejo?

Basically, the Cavs top 4 guys after Lebron weren't good enough to be starters on most decent NBA teams. Look at this years Mavericks...those 4 guys are 7th-8th men on a team like that and NONE of them would have started on this years Bulls or Celtics teams.

Old 06-15-2011, 11:58 AM

3,771 posts, read 7,059,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu View Post
Except it wasn't funny.
Wrong. I think you're probably the one who's not very funny. Because it was funny. lol

Old 06-15-2011, 12:00 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,137,552 times
no coincidence that when lebron was there they averaged 50 wins per year .... the season before and after he was there they were picking #1

and just a stupid move by the governor ..... cast out an actual native because you didn't like that he went somewhere else and welcome in guys like DeShawn Stevenson

Arrested for public intoxication
Mavericks' DeShawn Stevenson Arrested for Public Intoxication (http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/061511-Mavericks-DeShawn-Stevenson-Arrested-for-Public-Intoxication#ixzz1PMXTlBGc - broken link)

Banging a 14 year old
CNNSI.com - NBA Basketball - Court records: Stevenson admitted statutory rape - Thursday June 21, 2001 01:43 AM

Shootings just happen outside his house
A Shooting at DeShawn Stevenson's House - TrueHoop Blog - ESPN

Not to mention he was never really a favorite in cleveland ..... until now

Also, let's not forget that Jason Kidd smacked his wife around some .... granted she isn't exactly the most likeable person on the planet, but he married her ............

But yeah - that lebron guy is a real villian and not worthy of being a real "Ohioan"

Old 06-15-2011, 12:05 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,928,287 times
Quote:
Great great post. It's not that he left but the incredibly insulting and disrespectful way that he left. Compare his actions to those of Big Z.

Exactly. NE Ohio native here and I will tell you that it's the whole lame way everything went down that people have issue with, not the fact that LeBron left.

That being said I think it's time for people like Kasich and Gilbert to take the high road and quit stoking the flames. It makes all of us look small.

I'll NEVER root for LeBron and always have a little chuckle each and everytime he fails but to gloat over it publicly really does make you look and sound like a jilted lover.

Old 06-15-2011, 12:16 PM

1,048 posts, read 1,546,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parti Rhinocéros View Post
Wrong. I think you're probably the one who's not very funny. Because it was funny. lol
I guess some people are just easily amused... After all, Dane Cook still has a career somehow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball