Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 09:10 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,697,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
The interview is the meat of it... if it really was about analysis from ESPN guys than Jordan would trumph anything Lebron has been shown by miles.
Why are you backtracking? Can you just admit that the Decision was half an hour of hype before LeBron's actual decision, which did NOT come 5 minutes into the program?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 09:21 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,452,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Why are you backtracking? Can you just admit that the Decision was half an hour of hype before LeBron's actual decision, which did NOT come 5 minutes into the program?
Not backtracking. Let me rephrase it for you: Lebron was on for 5 minutes prior to him revealing it. ESPN analysts talked for plenty of minutes prior to that interview.

The original discussion was Jordan didn't pull the same thing. But if we included ESPN analyst discussions (i.e. non-interview related), Jordan trumphs Lebron a million times more.

Old 06-16-2011, 03:42 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,705,450 times
We really need one all-encompassing 'Lebron' thread.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:08 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu View Post
Now hopefully Ohio State football will be completely put out of commission for years (as it should be)
I'm sorry ... Did you say it's a bad thing when people root for others to fail?

Old 06-16-2011, 07:23 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,936,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post

Didn't you hear? It's OK for people to dog Ohio sports and Ohio in general but if anyone expresses the slightest bit of ire at LeBron you are automatically labelled a "Hater".

The whole debacle is so silly and sad at the same time. The amount of venom directed at the state of Ohio is sickening "Ohio sports fans don't deserve LeBron, don't deserve a title, are losers, everyone is poor, fat, etc..." Most weren't even Miami fans, just haters. So tired of it. I'd love for some of these ESPN talking heads or message board haters to come to a Browns game and say to my face some of the things that they have said on TV and online about how worthless we all are here in Ohio.

To be fair, anyone who is still upset over LeBron leaving or actually wishes harm on him or his family is as sick as the people who cheered when we lost LeBron. Let it go. He's a young professional athlete. I'd want to go somewhere warm and flashy to play too, especially if two of my best friends were gonna be on the team with me.

When LeBron signed that three year deal and refused to help recruit free agents I figured he was bailing. The only thing that suprised me was that he didn't go to NYC. That was shocking b/c I figured Stern, Nike, ESPN, etc... were gonna make that happen.

LeBron is a great player and we had a nice run but it didn't work out. In the Hip Hop, "Swagga", bling bling obsessed NBA, places like Cleveland, Milwaukee, Detroit, etc... are never going to keep their young superstars. San Antonio excluded, your team better be in a media mega market and be seen as happening by the hip hop community and be a flashy place to live with nightlife. Otherwise you WILL lose your stars.

Old 06-16-2011, 07:34 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,705,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
San Antonio excluded, your team better be in a media mega market and be seen as happening by the hip hop community and be a flashy place to live with nightlife. Otherwise you WILL lose your stars.
The Spurs organization has been led by stars who are largely 'anti-Bling' and far more down to earth than many of today's spoiled brats. Duncan and Robinson, Ginobli, Parker are all humble, low-key personalities.

Old 06-16-2011, 08:08 AM

1,066 posts, read 1,559,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Uhh...it has NOTHING to do with rooting for or against Ohio State but when a program in college sports is dirty they should be sanctioned by the NCAA. Get it?

Old 06-16-2011, 08:13 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,452,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
The Spurs organization has been led by stars who are largely 'anti-Bling' and far more down to earth than many of today's spoiled brats. Duncan and Robinson, Ginobli, Parker are all humble, low-key personalities.
You sure about Tony "I cheat on hottie Eva Longoria" Parker with fellow teammate Brent Barry's wife. Let's keep it in the organization...

Old 06-16-2011, 08:23 AM

1,066 posts, read 1,559,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
San Antonio excluded, your team better be in a media mega market and be seen as happening by the hip hop community and be a flashy place to live with nightlife. Otherwise you WILL lose your stars.
Durant recently re-upped with OKC, and unlike Dan Gilbert, it seems that Thunder ownership is committed to building an actual team around Durant.

IMO, Cavs ownership got too comfortable with the notion that LeBron is a hometown guy and they can pay him more than other teams. I don't think Gilbert really thought LeBron would leave when all was said and done, though the warning signs were there.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:21 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,936,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu View Post
Durant recently re-upped with OKC, and unlike Dan Gilbert, it seems that Thunder ownership is committed to building an actual team around Durant.

IMO, Cavs ownership got too comfortable with the notion that LeBron is a hometown guy and they can pay him more than other teams. I don't think Gilbert really thought LeBron would leave when all was said and done, though the warning signs were there.

While most of the moves the Cavs made didn't work out no one can say they sat on their hands and did nothing to get better. Ferry basically turned the roster over three times and LeBron signed off on every move. Probably the biggest blunder the Cavs made was not trading Hickson for Amare' when they had the chance regardless of what LeBron wanted. They get him instead of Jamison and perhaps we beat Boston and make it to the title game last year.

Gilbert, Ferry and Brown deserve at least 1/2 of the blame but they really were in a no win situation. LeBron just wanted to go play with his buddies and not have to be the Alpha dog.

I honestly don't think there was anything they could have done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball