Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 01:54 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,451,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
5 minutes? If 5 minutes = half an hour to you, then sure, he announced it 5 minutes into the special.
You asked, so I shall deliver.

This is part 1 of "the Decision". First 1 min is intro into special. Answer is given at 5:55. I guess a half hour to you = 5 minutes in the real world.

YouTube - ‪Lebron james Decision Part1 ,See It All‬‏

Quote:
The Cavs earned the best record in the NBA 2 years in a row. How is that not doing enough to provide him with a championship caliber team?
Best record != championship caliber team. Chicago proved that theory this year. Cavs failed two years prior.

Like the person somewhere above me said, look what happened after Lebron. You are left with the second worst team in the NBA and "his championship caliber teammates" are 2-3 on depth charts some place else. Shaq retired, West is 3rd for his position on the depth chart, Mo Williams is shooting 39%, Z barely played behind Joel Anthony (the guy that rode the bench for the past couple years), Varejo is terrible... so whats left Jamison, who has aged, and Hickson. Yeah you aren't winning with that. The record + "moving" Williams/West reflects that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 07:14 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,696,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
You asked, so I shall deliver.

This is part 1 of "the Decision". First 1 min is intro into special. Answer is given at 5:55. I guess a half hour to you = 5 minutes in the real world.
This is not part 1 of the Decision. You skipped 20 minutes of the program, where the analysts speculated and pondered the future of the NBA. They also photo-shopped LeBron onto 6 different uniforms.

Nice try though.

Last edited by Cindy_Jole; 06-15-2011 at 07:31 PM..

Old 06-15-2011, 07:20 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,150 times
Quote:
This is not part 1 of the Decision. You skipped 20 minutes of the program, where the analysts speculated and pondered the future of the NBA. They also photo-shopped LeBron onto 6 different uniforms.

Nice try though.
Yes, I remember it this way as well. ESPN presented it as a one hour special, and there was about 30-35 minutes of hype. Then a brief interview and the announcement of where he was going to play. Here was the CD thread about it:

LeBron Will Announce His Decision via Televised Special on ESPN

link in the OP talks about the special. Kind of funny to go back and read all of our comments.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:23 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,533,746 times
Lebron James looks like a giant douchebag right now

Old 06-15-2011, 07:25 PM

2,964 posts, read 3,530,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
Lebron James looks like a giant douchebag right now
Right now? Don't you mean always?

Old 06-15-2011, 07:27 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,534,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu View Post
Except it wasn't funny. It just confirms my impression about Ohio...that the state sucks so hard they have to root for others to fail instead of their teams to succeed. Now hopefully Ohio State football will be completely put out of commission for years (as it should be)...has the Governor written a "tongue in cheek" letter to Jim Tressel?
Don't lump Kasich's actions in with all of Ohio. Even though he's the governor, there are a good number of Ohioans who think Kasich is a dork, and there's also a good number of Ohioans (particularly those outside the Cleveland area) who couldn't care less about the Cavs.

I'll say this much to Cavs/Cleveland fans -- they need to start directing more of their anger towards Mr. Gilbert. When LeBron agreed to only sign a 3-year extension with the Cavs, the handwriting was on the wall -- get me some help or I'm gone. They did nothing, unless you consider getting washed up Shaq and Antoine Walker as doing something.

As for Ohio State, don't worry. Northwestern, Illinos or whichever other Big Ten school you support will still be looking up at the Buckeyes in the rankings/conference standings. The program will survive this, much to the dismay of the haters.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:28 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,533,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
Right now? Don't you mean always?
Very true

Old 06-15-2011, 07:30 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,696,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Yes, I remember it this way as well. ESPN presented it as a one hour special, and there was about 30-35 minutes of hype. Then a brief interview and the announcement of where he was going to play. Here was the CD thread about it:

LeBron Will Announce His Decision via Televised Special on ESPN

link in the OP talks about the special. Kind of funny to go back and read all of our comments.
lol thanks for posting this. It's interesting to go back and look through all the speculation. IMO the Miami choice really did come as a surprise.

That special certainly hyped LeBron to no end. We rarely hear Steve Nash being referred to as "2-time MVP Steve Nash"

Old 06-15-2011, 07:59 PM

1,066 posts, read 1,558,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Don't lump Kasich's actions in with all of Ohio. Even though he's the governor, there are a good number of Ohioans who think Kasich is a dork, and there's also a good number of Ohioans (particularly those outside the Cleveland area) who couldn't care less about the Cavs.

I'll say this much to Cavs/Cleveland fans -- they need to start directing more of their anger towards Mr. Gilbert. When LeBron agreed to only sign a 3-year extension with the Cavs, the handwriting was on the wall -- get me some help or I'm gone. They did nothing, unless you consider getting washed up Shaq and Antoine Walker as doing something.

As for Ohio State, don't worry. Northwestern, Illinos or whichever other Big Ten school you support will still be looking up at the Buckeyes in the rankings/conference standings. The program will survive this, much to the dismay of the haters.
With respect to the first part, yeah I was just taking a shot at the pathetic state of Ohio sports. And Kasich just feeds into the loser mentality.

With respect to the second part, agree 100%. Every basketball expert out there was saying LeBron's probably going to bolt unless he gets some help. I mean the guy was there for only seven seasons and is already by far the best player in franchise history. How in the hell does Gilbert let that window of opportunity close without getting at least one ring? The way LeBron left was horrible, but even if he had left more respectfully...he'd still be gone. All The Decision did was deflect the Cavs fans' wrath from Gilbert to LeBron.

With respect to the third point, I have no Big Ten team and pretty much am not interested in collegiate athletics. Just saying that Kasich is throwing stones at LeBron when he has an infinitely bigger sports douche, Jim Tressel, right in his own back yard.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:31 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,451,680 times
Quote:

Nice try though.
The interview is the meat of it... if it really was about analysis from ESPN guys than Jordan would trumph anything Lebron has been shown by miles.

Quote:
IMO the Miami choice really did come as a surprise
To me it was spelled out from the beginning. There was no way he was staying. They never gave him quality help. Bosh I knew was a lock to play with Wade down in Miami prior to free agency. My gut told me James was going to play with those two vs going the NY route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb
I would worry as it relates to football. One recruit that Ohio St eyed committed to Michigan, another top lineman recruit almost de-committed... when the NCAA comes down it could hurt more than losing Tressel. Being that Pryor left plus uncertanity in coaching, who knows how the team will perform this upcoming year. I have a feeling you guys for the next couple of years will be looking more at Basketball.

P.S. I don't support any Big 10 school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball