U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 08:22 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,209,453 times

Advertisements

parker and jefferson plus 29th pick for batum, andre miller 21st pick and maybe camby. fell threw over jeffersons contract length but is rumored to potentially pick back up today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2011, 12:12 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,371,163 times
I don't really know what the Bulls will do this off season. Unless the 1% chance of somehow trading boozer/korver/the next decades worth of draft picks for howard happens, I think the Bulls will run a very similar team to last year out there.

Old 06-26-2011, 08:51 PM

52,095 posts, read 41,903,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I don't really know what the Bulls will do this off season. Unless the 1% chance of somehow trading boozer/korver/the next decades worth of draft picks for howard happens, I think the Bulls will run a very similar team to last year out there.
Yep, and there is nothing wrong with that....they have a VERY young team and should be a tough team for years to come even if they stand pat.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:58 PM

247 posts, read 223,293 times
I'm really excited for the two Purdue players Ainge picked: JaJuan Johnson and E'Twuan Moore. I really hope these two guys survive the trade deadline and stick with the team. These two could possibly be the start of the post Big Three era in Boston. Let's hope Ainge doesn't do anything silly...

Old 06-27-2011, 10:55 AM

478 posts, read 596,257 times
Im glad the Cavs went with Kyrie with the #1 pick. The league is becoming a point guards league right now so they took the best available. I like the Tristan Thompson pick as well. They both seem like very professional young men and they carry themselves well. They seem very mature for their ages.

Old 06-27-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 719inhere View Post
Im glad the Cavs went with Kyrie with the #1 pick. The league is becoming a point guards league right now so they took the best available. I like the Tristan Thompson pick as well. They both seem like very professional young men and they carry themselves well. They seem very mature for their ages.
ok so let me ask you something, i keep hearing how this is becoming or is already a PG league. so in the last decade which team won on the back of their PG? i mean which team was lead to a title by their PG? i cant think of a single one. now a couple of teams have had very good PGs (celtics in 08, spurs in 05 MAYBE, spurs in 07, i dont count parker in 03) but none where actually LEAD by their PG to anything outside of a playoff birth. bulls have a very good PG, but the rest of his team is questionable, cp3 can get you close to or out of 1st round, maybe the 2nd but he isnt leading a team to the ring. same for williams, steve nash, west brook? none of those guys are doing anything without a big or a good SG/SF. by good i mean very good.

i dont care how good they are, not a single PG in this league is leading anyone to more then a good regular season and maybe a round or 2. all the teams that have won in the last 10-15-20 years have had one or 2 players at other positions to lead them. not since the days of zeek and magic have their been PGs who can truly get you over the hump and i would argue that zeek wasnt the reason the "bad boy" pistons won. the new era of PG imo is nothing more the flash and show but little substance in the end.

Old 06-27-2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
ok so let me ask you something, i keep hearing how this is becoming or is already a PG league. so in the last decade which team won on the back of their PG? i mean which team was lead to a title by their PG? i cant think of a single one. now a couple of teams have had very good PGs (celtics in 08, spurs in 05 MAYBE, spurs in 07, i dont count parker in 03) but none where actually LEAD by their PG to anything outside of a playoff birth. bulls have a very good PG, but the rest of his team is questionable, cp3 can get you close to or out of 1st round, maybe the 2nd but he isnt leading a team to the ring. same for williams, steve nash, west brook? none of those guys are doing anything without a big or a good SG/SF. by good i mean very good.

i dont care how good they are, not a single PG in this league is leading anyone to more then a good regular season and maybe a round or 2. all the teams that have won in the last 10-15-20 years have had one or 2 players at other positions to lead them. not since the days of zeek and magic have their been PGs who can truly get you over the hump and i would argue that zeek wasnt the reason the "bad boy" pistons won. the new era of PG imo is nothing more the flash and show but little substance in the end.
I guess I shouldn't say its becoming a point guards league, rather I think the position is becoming more relevant again. For example teams are starting to take PGs at number 1 alot now. Rose in 2008, Wall in 2010, and now Irving in 2011. Overall theres several positions that are very important to having success as a team.

Old 06-27-2011, 05:34 PM

297 posts, read 340,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 719inhere View Post
I guess I shouldn't say its becoming a point guards league, rather I think the position is becoming more relevant again. For example teams are starting to take PGs at number 1 alot now. Rose in 2008, Wall in 2010, and now Irving in 2011. Overall theres several positions that are very important to having success as a team.
I think that Wall and Irving were drafted #1 because of the success of Rose. And Rose while phenomenal, isn't really your traditional PG like a Nash, Kidd, Paul or even Darren Williams. He is a decent passer but that's really about as far as I would go in-regards to his passing ability. It is his athletic ability that puts him over the top.

Old 06-27-2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalobrandon View Post
I think that Wall and Irving were drafted #1 because of the success of Rose. And Rose while phenomenal, isn't really your traditional PG like a Nash, Kidd, Paul or even Darren Williams. He is a decent passer but that's really about as far as I would go in-regards to his passing ability. It is his athletic ability that puts him over the top.
Wall got drafted for his athletic ability and passing ability, he did average 8.3 assists his rookie year last year with the Wizards. When I look at Kyrie Irving I think he's got good athletic ability, good point guard skills, and hes a good shooter. I think the Cavs made the right decision when they drafted Irving and I think they will be able to build a good team around him. Everything I hear about Kyrie seems to be good. D. Rose and Russell Westbrook are different point guards. They are more score first than Chris Paul, Deron Williams, or a Steve Nash. I think Kyrie will fit in more with the latter guards I mentioned whereas John Wall may be eventually in the Rose/Westbrook category.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:53 PM

ok so the blazers have extended an 8.8 million dollar qualifying offer to greg oden. ok am i missing something? the guy has a TOTAL of 82 games and has missed 2 entire seasons due to injuries. his numbers are OK but not 9 mil is NUTS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball