Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2011, 01:16 PM

519 posts, read 727,427 times

Advertisements

Im up for the task. Let me write em all down and I'll DM the list to you Orangeish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2011, 01:20 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,449,716 times
cool thanks, I get emailed notification for DMs, so ill do it ASAP

Old 06-28-2011, 01:24 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,023,894 times
ok so with my 11th pick im going out to left field, with 4 defensive player of the year awards, while under sized, not many big could score on ben wallace. not a lot of guys big ben could score on but i think i have enough scoring to get over that hump.

guards
stockton
jordan
manu
d-will

forwards
barkley
elgin baylor
rodman
havlicek

centers
russell
nate thurmond
ben wallace

Old 06-28-2011, 01:25 PM

Updates:

Round 8
rigas- Manu Ginobli
Round 9
rigas- Nate Thurmond
orangeish- Elvin Hayes
719- Carmelo Anthony
slackjaw- Joe Johnson
elmer- Amare Stoudamire
greg- Alonzo Mourning
Round 10
greg- Dominique Wilkins
elmer- George Gervin
slackjaw- Elton Brand
719- Brad Daugherty
orangeish- Derrick Rose
rigas- Deron Williams
Round 11
rigas- Ben Wallace
orangeish-
719-
slackjaw-
elmer-
greg-
Round 12
greg-
elmer-
slackjaw-
719-
orangeish-
rigas-

If possible, can we copy and paste this and update it over the last few rounds?

Old 06-28-2011, 01:36 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,681,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
ok so with my 11th pick im going out to left field, with 4 defensive player of the year awards, while under sized, not many big could score on ben wallace. not a lot of guys big ben could score on but i think i have enough scoring to get over that hump.

guards
stockton
jordan
manu
d-will

forwards
barkley
elgin baylor
rodman
havlicek

centers
russell
nate thurmond
ben wallace
DAMMIT Rigas! Well now I can say it as I was alluding to it earlier, it was between Mourning and Ben Wallace for me, I went with Mourning because he's an offensive presence but defensively they're close to the same animal. Wallace in his prime early-mid 2000's was a defensive beast. Solid pick, I was going to actually pick him next. Damn you

Oh FWIW I think you have one of the more well-rounded teams, and I like that you took a defensive approach to your pickings.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:40 PM

77,800 posts, read 59,963,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I think Im going to ammend my starting line up, my starters would prob be

C- Howard
PF- Malone
SF- Durant
SG- Reggie
PG- Magic

Bench
Walton
Dr J
Hayes
Rose
Mullin

Im moving Durant into my starting 5 as I really beleive he is that good.
Wow. You have a pretty brutal squad there. Pretty sick considering you have Walton on your bench and at the top of their games he is probably top 15 of all time but is dinged for his shorter injury-filled career.

Walton is arguably your best player and that is saying a lot considering you have one of (if not the top) PG's of all-time and a PF as good as just about anyone.

The only negative I could offer might be that Durant is still not at his peak yet. I'm not sure I'd argue that he is better than Dr. J and others at the PEAK of their games.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:43 PM

77,800 posts, read 59,963,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post

guards
stockton
jordan
manu
d-will

forwards
barkley
elgin baylor
rodman
havlicek

centers
russell
nate thurmond
ben wallace
A very tough, versatile roster...you could really exploint match-ups. I love your defensive focus because most everyone on these rosters has several guys that can score tons.

Russell, Barkley, Baylor, Jordan, Stockton....yikes.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
DAMMIT Rigas! Well now I can say it as I was alluding to it earlier, it was between Mourning and Ben Wallace for me, I went with Mourning because he's an offensive presence but defensively they're close to the same animal. Wallace in his prime early-mid 2000's was a defensive beast. Solid pick, I was going to actually pick him next. Damn you

Oh FWIW I think you have one of the more well-rounded teams, and I like that you took a defensive approach to your pickings.
when you picked mourning i kinda had a feeling you where looking at big ben. i had ben and another guy in mind and just flipped a coin really.

being a SA fan defense is the only way to go IMO. wish they would have been preaching defense a little more the past couple of seasons but im glad they are going defense this next season with leonard. thats another thread all to itself.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:46 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,449,716 times
F ME. Wallace was legit my next pick

Old 06-28-2011, 01:55 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,681,082 times
Funny how Wallace cropped up on everyone's radar at the same time. Honestly I was hoping the board had forgotten him
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball