U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-23-2011, 08:20 AM
 
Location: spring tx
7,912 posts, read 8,196,988 times
Reputation: 1982

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Well that's ok, I'll cite specific versions for my picks where I think it's warranted, but no-one else has to do it. I just like the added layer, because in fact taking Jordan from 1988 or 1996 does give you two different versions.

When are we starting?? With the first pick I take........ Bo Kimble!!


THAT'S A JOKE!
the only reason i say it doesnt really work in this situation is it leads to more debat, takes the debate away from the team and focuses on the player. so what i mean is you say 1996 jordan and then math says why not 1993 jordan well jordan was better in 1996, well but he was different in blah blah blah lol. you know what i mean?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-23-2011, 08:23 AM
 
Location: Earth
3,653 posts, read 3,879,801 times
Reputation: 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
the only reason i say it doesnt really work in this situation is it leads to more debat, takes the debate away from the team and focuses on the player. so what i mean is you say 1996 jordan and then math says why not 1993 jordan well jordan was better in 1996, well but he was different in blah blah blah lol. you know what i mean?
Yes I understand you clearly, so I take it you guys 'don't' want that kind of debate then? Fair enough.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2011, 08:24 AM
 
Location: Frisco, TX
7,559 posts, read 11,895,862 times
Reputation: 4519
Oscar Robertson Vs. Michael Jordan? NBA Fire (http://www.nbafire.com/oscar-robertson-vs-michael-jordan/ - broken link)

This could be fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2011, 08:29 AM
 
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
478 posts, read 595,276 times
Reputation: 323
Im ready when everybody else is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2011, 09:10 AM
 
Location: Cook County
5,288 posts, read 6,363,957 times
Reputation: 3070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Yes I understand you clearly, so I take it you guys 'don't' want that kind of debate then? Fair enough.....
I still want to debate whose team is better etc...but I like the idea of taking a player at his "peak." You can define peak however you want when you draft him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2011, 09:42 AM
 
Location: Earth
3,653 posts, read 3,879,801 times
Reputation: 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I still want to debate whose team is better etc...but I like the idea of taking a player at his "peak." You can define peak however you want when you draft him.
Ok cool....so when are we starting?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2011, 09:52 AM
 
Location: Cook County
5,288 posts, read 6,363,957 times
Reputation: 3070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Ok cool....so when are we starting?
Im ok starting whenever, here is the list as I see it so far:

(Not in draft order, but just participants)

Slackjaw
719inhere
Orangeish
rigas
Greg1977
little elmer
Davy-040

Then there is Mathguy who dropped out, but Im hoping he reads my post and joins soon. if not, im sure he will chime in with his opinion.

Im ok starting this afternoon. That sound ok to everyone else?

Slackjaw - you were the OP,do you want to randomize the draft order?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2011, 09:56 AM
 
Location: Earth
3,653 posts, read 3,879,801 times
Reputation: 1802
I can make one pick this afternoon, then I'm engaged for most of the evening. But from what I read earlier, we're giving everyone 24 hours to make their pick, or forfeit till the next round, correct?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2011, 10:00 AM
 
Location: Cook County
5,288 posts, read 6,363,957 times
Reputation: 3070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
I can make one pick this afternoon, then I'm engaged for most of the evening. But from what I read earlier, we're giving everyone 24 hours to make their pick, or forfeit till the next round, correct?
Yeah Im ok with that, and if you end up picking 4th/5th you prob wont even get to make a pick until later this week/weekend anyways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2011, 10:03 AM
 
Location: Earth
3,653 posts, read 3,879,801 times
Reputation: 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Yeah Im ok with that, and if you end up picking 4th/5th you prob wont even get to make a pick until later this week/weekend anyways.
Good point.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top