U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2011, 08:46 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,192,016 times

Advertisements

Pistol Pete is really the only one I can think of that I'm really surprised. I don't remember seeing James worthy either. I don't think pau is really on the radar much, I don't think he is an all time guy, more a solid Player who got put in a good situation. Memphis was a good situation for him initially as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 08:56 AM

7,556 posts, read 11,889,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Brand was picked, I had Gasol on the radar when I picked Webber. Amazingly, Allen Iverson wasn't picked. And I suspect it has much to do with his attitude and the way he fizzled out, but as a scorer off the bench one can do much worse.

Edit: on second though, good luck getting Iverson on the bench
You're right - I knew I would miss someone.

We've got 2/3 of Run TMC (Mullin and Richmond) but what about T (Tim Hardaway - streaky shooter)?

Penny Hardaway? Jim Jackson? In their primes, they were among the best in the league.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:01 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,877,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post

I don't think pau is really on the radar much, I don't think he is an all time guy, more a solid Player who got put in a good situation. Memphis was a good situation for him initially as well.
I don't really view him in that light either, but there's been a few picks you could say that about. I'd have picked him as an 11th/12th man, then I realized Webber was still available. Which, for his faults, was a more dynamic force than Gasol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
You're right - I knew I would miss someone.

We've got 2/3 of Run TMC (Mullin and Richmond) but what about T (Tim Hardaway - streaky shooter)?

Penny Hardaway?
Considered both Hardaways. In fact for my final pick where I took Webber, I actually had written up introductions for both Tim Hardaway and Kevin Johnson, before deciding that I wanted to go the big man route. Hell I thought about Dennis Johnson and Mark Price too at one point.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:07 AM

So when's agent orange posting the poll? I'm ready to start 50 new CD accounts on random emails to vote for my team!

Old 07-01-2011, 09:15 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,877,543 times
Quote:
so when's agent orange posting the poll? I'm ready to start 50 new cd accounts on random emails to vote for my team!
lmao.... easiest way to spot you is to start dissing the Spurs. You wouldn't be able to contain yourself

Old 07-01-2011, 09:22 AM

7,556 posts, read 11,889,080 times

Old 07-01-2011, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
lmao.... easiest way to spot you is to start dissing the Spurs. You wouldn't be able to contain yourself
Yeah that's why after the accounts are made you put them bot.

Old 07-03-2011, 07:38 AM

51,857 posts, read 41,758,040 times
Looking over the draft, the biggest steal....by far....is the pick of Sabonis in the 11th round by slackjaw. I give runner up nods to the Walton and Kemp picks.

Slack, why you waited so long to pick up Sabonis (Joe Johnson?) is my only question lol.

Short on time....no one got Larry Johnson?

Old 07-03-2011, 07:36 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,361,271 times
Quote:
So when's agent orange posting the poll? I'm ready to start 50 new CD accounts on random emails to vote for my team!
Sorry guys, I have been MIA this weekend and will continue to be gone until tomorrow night, sorry. If someone else wants to make the thread be my guest - but I just remind you to make the poll choices public. I'll make it within a day or so if nobody else steps up.

Old 07-04-2011, 02:00 PM

8,266 posts, read 10,704,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Slack, why you waited so long to pick up Sabonis (Joe Johnson?) is my only question lol.
I had two good centers (Kareem, Admiral) and at the time we weren't drafting 13 players so grabbing a 3rd center made no sense.

Plus I think Joe Johnson fits in perfectly with teams made up of players of this level. I didn't want all guys who needed the ball in their hands (or be part of a two man game) to be effective and when he was in Phoenix JJ proved he can really excel as a spot-up shooter off the ball, one year hitting a blistering .478 from three. He's also a good defender, can play either SG or SF, and has even played point guard in a pinch. Great role-player.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or