Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 03:41 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times

Advertisements

I don't think I've ever seen a more ignorant-acting buffoon than Nick Young in the NBA. The man is an embarrassment. Glad the Lakers are looking to unload him.

Nick Young Rumors | Hoops Rumors

Old 06-05-2015, 05:08 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,536,445 times
old news but thanks

Old 06-08-2015, 10:55 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,858,957 times
Good riddance. What an idiot and bad player.

Old 06-08-2015, 02:15 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,023,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
Good riddance. What an idiot and bad player.
I mostly agree, but his contract is very manageable, 4 years at $21million (3 years of that left). That's like $5.2 million a year, and the last 2 years of that deal are like peanuts when compared to the salary cap total that is expected. Though because of this, he would probably be a valuable trade piece to somebody.

He really just needs to be on a team with better players, so if the Lakers are able to upgrade around him in free agency, maybe he can still be a key piece/role player because that's all he is. He's not a focal point on any team that expects to win many games.

Old 06-08-2015, 02:43 PM

929 posts, read 1,658,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
I don't think I've ever seen a more ignorant-acting buffoon than Nick Young in the NBA.
JR Smith
Stephon Marbury
Ron Artest
Lance Stephenson

Old 06-09-2015, 09:17 AM

78,333 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subPrimeTime View Post
I mostly agree, but his contract is very manageable, 4 years at $21million (3 years of that left). That's like $5.2 million a year, and the last 2 years of that deal are like peanuts when compared to the salary cap total that is expected. Though because of this, he would probably be a valuable trade piece to somebody.

He really just needs to be on a team with better players, so if the Lakers are able to upgrade around him in free agency, maybe he can still be a key piece/role player because that's all he is. He's not a focal point on any team that expects to win many games.
Look at these 2 scenarios:

1. Lakers finish 2016 with a top 3 pick. They keep the pick and have to give only 2 second round picks to ORL and the 2017 first round pick to Phx (unprotected).

2. Lakers finish 2016 out of the top 3. The 2016 pick goes to PHX and the 2017 pick goes to ORL (some protections).

Does anyone really think the Lakers are going to rebuild via free agency this year or instead tank the season?

One more horrible year, get the high pick and then rebuild. To do otherwise is utter insanity unless Lebron, Durant and CP3 all decide to go to LA for the veterans minimum lol.

Old 06-09-2015, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby BK View Post
JR Smith
Stephon Marbury
Ron Artest
Lance Stephenson
Artest in his defense played some very high quality ball and had a legitimate medical diagnosis. After which he was a pretty solid guy. On top of that, his issues weren't with teammates and his play but more off-court stuff

Old 06-09-2015, 10:33 AM

3,004 posts, read 6,271,240 times
Yeah Nick Young isn't crazy, he's just needlessly flashy. He only really has one predictable move. I think, he thinks in his mind, he's Steph Curry.

I actually like the guy. He brought some levity to an unwatchable season...then he slumped, and was injured a bit.

I haven't thought about it at this point, but I have no idea what the Lakers are doing. I like Randle and Clarkson...and that's about it. Tarik Black and Ed Davis are OK, but jeez...Jordan Hill shooting jumpers, Boozer doing nothing, Lin doing nothing. Kobe was still our best player and only played 1/3 of the season.

Ugh.

Old 06-09-2015, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harhar View Post
Yeah Nick Young isn't crazy, he's just needlessly flashy. He only really has one predictable move. I think, he thinks in his mind, he's Steph Curry.

I actually like the guy. He brought some levity to an unwatchable season...then he slumped, and was injured a bit.

I haven't thought about it at this point, but I have no idea what the Lakers are doing. I like Randle and Clarkson...and that's about it. Tarik Black and Ed Davis are OK, but jeez...Jordan Hill shooting jumpers, Boozer doing nothing, Lin doing nothing. Kobe was still our best player and only played 1/3 of the season.

Ugh.
They are tanking their way through a full rebuild that will take years to complete.

Meanwhile, some fans believe the ticket sales hype that they are on the verge of a quick rebuild without having much to actually trade.

We have the Lakers finishing with 21 wins and people are still in denial that they are rebuilding. lol.

Old 06-10-2015, 01:38 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,494,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subPrimeTime View Post

Problem is...his last year is a player option, so he's not getting traded any time soon.

Also, the rest of the NBA GMs have TV and Innerwebz access and know what Scrubby P is all about--and I don't believe anyone can come up with $5M+ worth of jockstraps to toss at the Lakers quickly enough to make a trade work out. So, as far as any form of riddance goes...not so fast?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball