U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 10:47 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,969,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Maybe. Pippen was a good Robin, but as much credit as Jodan gets, Pippen gets to much. Pippen gets "go to guy credit", that he never deserved. He's not a top 50 guy.
BS, Scottie Pippen was a better player than Jordan in every phase except scoring. He has always been underrated by people who wanted Jordan's star to shine as bright as possible. If Pippen is considered great, that would mean Jordan isn't as great.

That has been going on for years. It's like partisan politics, the Republican mentality (Jordan fans) have always been happy to denigrate everything else about the Bulls. Scott Pippen fans (like Democrats) are sophisticated and selfless like Scottie was.

Scottie was easily top 50 btw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2011, 10:54 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,196,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
BS, Scottie Pippen was a better player than Jordan in every phase except scoring. He has always been underrated by people who wanted Jordan's star to shine as bright as possible. If Pippen is considered great, that would mean Jordan isn't as great.

That has been going on for years. It's like partisan politics, the Republican mentality (Jordan fans) have always been happy to denigrate everything else about the Bulls. Scott Pippen fans (like Democrats) are sophisticated and selfless like Scottie was.

Scottie was easily top 50 btw.
Lmao!!!!!! Republicans and democrats, lmao that's classic! Wrong on so many levels but funny none the less.

Old 07-14-2011, 11:49 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,879,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
BS, Scottie Pippen was a better player than Jordan in every phase except scoring.
Not sure I would go *quite* that far, but regardless Pippen's contribution to those Bulls teams is almost criminally underrated. Jordan and Pippen are my two favorite all-time players, and while Jordan obviously has reached God-like status, it really 'annoys' me how little people think of Scottie Pippen. Remember when the Cavs fans were chanting 'Scottie Pippen' to Lebron this year? People don't realize that's actually a compliment.

Old 07-14-2011, 03:52 PM

2,836 posts, read 1,776,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Not sure I would go *quite* that far, but regardless Pippen's contribution to those Bulls teams is almost criminally underrated. Jordan and Pippen are my two favorite all-time players, and while Jordan obviously has reached God-like status, it really 'annoys' me how little people think of Scottie Pippen. Remember when the Cavs fans were chanting 'Scottie Pippen' to Lebron this year? People don't realize that's actually a compliment.
Whoa! Yes I agree I was shaking my head when I heard the chants. Maybe "Queen" would have been more fitting? I thought the "Akron hates you" chant was a little overboard.

I thought Jordan's supporting cast as a whole was also very underrated- they had some significant role players that stepped up throughout the years during crucial times.

Old 07-14-2011, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
Whoa! Yes I agree I was shaking my head when I heard the chants. Maybe "Queen" would have been more fitting? I thought the "Akron hates you" chant was a little overboard.
Anyone who appreciates the nuances of Basketball, knows the kind of value Scottie Pippen brought to the table.

Old 07-15-2011, 09:51 PM

3,059 posts, read 3,228,679 times
Quote:
Anyone who appreciates the nuances of Basketball, knows the kind of value Scottie Pippen brought to the table.

Yeah, he was better than alot of people give him credit for.....

Old 07-16-2011, 04:15 PM
JL

7,351 posts, read 11,882,165 times
Quote:
So true. He just needs to keep his mouth shut though..

Old 07-17-2011, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
So true. He just needs to keep his mouth shut though..
In fairness, while most everyone thought the 'Lebron is possibly the greatest player ever' talk was asinine, the truth is Lebron by the time he got to the finals was smelling like a rose. Then he collapsed in the finals.... you have to wonder if that hype got to him. It's not as though Dallas used any befuddling defensive schemes...hell Chicago's defense alone should have prepped him for just about anything he would face after that.

Old 07-17-2011, 09:09 AM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,300,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
So, my roommate and I are having this debate(he's a Rocket's fan) about whether or not the Rockets would have won those two championships if Jordan would have played. I think the Rockets would not have won. Therefore I feel the Rockets championships come with an astrisk(in my opinion). They did not beat the best.

No, that Rockets team was actually the weakest of all the teams the blls faced from 91 to 93 nd would have loss 4-1 or got swept

Old 07-17-2011, 10:49 AM

3,441 posts, read 5,002,913 times
Which Rockets team are you putting against the Bulls team? The 1994 or 1995 team?

And which Bulls roster are you putting against the Rockets? Paxson, Pippen, Cartwright, Grant and Jordan?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or