U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Team is Best?
Team A 3 25.00%
Team B 1 8.33%
Team C 2 16.67%
Team D 0 0%
Team E 3 25.00%
Team F 3 25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 10:53 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,365,433 times

Advertisements

Now that the CD draft is complete, lets open up the voting. Those of you voting, remember, we drafted players as if they were in their prime and we are trying to judge who put the best overall team together.

(Owners, I set the starting lineups based on who was your highest draft pick at that "natural" position. If any of you want to adjust your starting line up, let me know and I will edit this post)

TEAM A

Starters
C- Bill Russell
PF- Charles Barkley
SF- Elgin Baylor
SG- Michael Jordan
PG- John Stockton

Bench
Dennis Rodman
Manu Ginobli
John Havilchek
Nate Thurmond
Deron Williams
Ben Wallace
Sidney Moncrief

TEAM B

Starters
C- Dwight Howard
PF- Karl Malone
SF- Julius Irving
SG- Reggie Miller
PG- Magic Johnson

Bench
Bill Walton
Kevin Durant
Chris Mullin
Elvin Hayes
Derick Rose
Artis Gilmore
Alex English

TEAM C

Starters
C- Moses Malone
PF- Dirk Nowitzki
SF- Oscar Robertson
SG- Kobe Bryant
PG- Isiah Thomas

Bench
Rick Barry
Dikembe Mutombo
Paul Pierce
Carmello Anthony
Brad Daugherty
Robert Parrish
Stephen Curry

TEAM D

Starters
C- Kareem Abdul Jabar
PF- Kevin Garnett
SF- Larry Bird
SG- Joe Dumars
PG- Walt Frazier

Bench
David Robinson
Steve Nash
Grant Hill
Joe Johnson
Elton Brand
Arvidias Sabonis
Glen Rice

TEAM E

Starters
C- Wilt Chamberlain
PF- Hakeem Olajuwon
SF-Adrian Dantley
SG- Ray Allen
PG- Jason Kidd

Bench
Kevin McHale
Dwayne Wade
Chris Paul
A'Mare Stoudlemire
George Gervin
Mark Aguirre
Shawn Kemp

TEAM F

Starters
C- Shaq
PF- Tim Duncan
SF- LeBron James
SG- Clyde Drexler
PG- Gary Payton

Bench

Scottie Pippen
Patrick Ewing
Jerry West
Alonzo Mounring
Dominique Wilkins
Mitch Richmond
Chris Webber

Last edited by Orangeish; 07-13-2011 at 11:50 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 11:13 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,199,926 times
Awesome, I was under the impression we where not allowed to vote for our own team, oh well

Old 07-12-2011, 11:32 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,881,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Awesome, I was under the impression we where not allowed to vote for our own team, oh well
Yep, so you're guaranteed at least one vote.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:56 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,365,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
How would I prevent that? The poll settings don't allow me to restrict that.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
How would I prevent that? The poll settings don't allow me to restrict that.
we all discussed it when talking about the way to set the poll up. i was under the impression we all agreed to NOT vote for our own. obviously we cant stop anyone from voting for their own but i took it as we are all gentlemen (well except that slackjaw guy lol) that we had a bit of a gentleman's agreement to NOT vote for ourselves. apparently either i missed the memo or it was never set that way. either way, i voted for someone elses team. its all good though, no worries.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:25 PM

478 posts, read 595,449 times
I voted for my own team lol. I wasn't sure if we were doing that anymore, but I remember what rigas was talking about. If I hadn't voted for my own team, I probably would have voted for greg's team or rigas's team though.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:06 PM

another option, i dont know if you can change the poll now is to allow people to vote multi. in other words allow people to pick their top 2 teams. i already voted for another persons team and so be it but if everyone was going to vote for their own then allowing people to vote for 2 teams would be a way to get a less bias vote IMO. when counting votes we can disregard anyones votes if they voted on more then 2 teams. then at the end of the time period the 2 teams with the most votes get put into a new poll with a single vote to determine a "champ"????

just a thought.

Old 07-12-2011, 05:03 PM

I wasn't aware of any agreement where we 'shouldn't' vote for our own team.

Old 07-13-2011, 08:23 AM

51,950 posts, read 41,815,822 times
Ok, I have intentionally not gone back and looked at who is who, here are my thoughts.

I voted for Team F. It was a very hard decision.

Comments:

Team A: Great squad, made my head hurt in picking.
Team B: Another tough squad, some very young players that aren't at their peak yet made this a tough call. This may be the best squad as guys like Rose and Howard continue to improve.
Team C: Great starters, bench is one of the weaker ones IMO.
Team D: You arguably have a bench as good as your starters, maybe the best overall selections. Sabonis was a huge steal.
Team E: You have arguably one of the top 2-3 players of all time....on your bench. Start wilt and play dream at the 4.
Team F: You have 3 starters whom at their peak one could argue are as good as anyone that has ever played the position. I'd consider even playing Pippen at the 2 over drexler. I'm giving you the nod as your team is a brutal collection of some of the best 2-way players to ever play thier positions.

Old 07-13-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Team F: You have 3 starters whom at their peak one could argue are as good as anyone that has ever played the position. I'd consider even playing Pippen at the 2 over drexler. I'm giving you the nod as your team is a brutal collection of some of the best 2-way players to ever play thier positions.
Mucho gracias sir, this is my team. And your point about two-way players, was the logic behind my decisions.

I would keep Pippen on the second unit, where he can anchor the perimeter defense for the bench and provide the little intangibles that defined Scottie as a player.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball