U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2011, 09:01 PM
JL JL started this thread

7,354 posts, read 11,887,058 times

Advertisements

Looks like this kid and his brother could really tap the India market for the NBA

17 Year Old Sim Bhullar From Toronto Could Be NBAs Key To India - RealGM Wiretap

‪Sim Bhullar and Tanveer Bhullar Highlights 7 Foot Canadian Brothers Playing Basketball‬‏ - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2015, 04:02 PM

28,503 posts, read 15,458,018 times
He's NBA bound. Congrats. I think speed will be an issue for him.

At seven foot five and 360 pounds, Bhullar’s big frame draws attention everywhere he goes. Even for him, though, the last few days have been unlike anything he has ever seen.

As the first NBA player of Indian descent, Bhullar has attracted a worldwide audience since signing a 10-day contract with the Sacramento Kings. He’s fully aware of the cultural significance and wants to make the most of the opportunity — for himself, his family and every kid in India with a basketball and a dream.

"It’s a big moment in the history of the NBA and the history of my country in India," Bhullar said following Sacramento’s morning shootaround Friday. "I know my family’s going to be proud of me and everybody’s going to be proud of me and cheer me on the court."

Old 04-03-2015, 08:31 PM

18,794 posts, read 14,278,333 times
Wow, he has a very nice shooting touch, not the flat shot like so many big guys. He looks out of shape in the videos I see, but hopefully he can fix that.

I can think of 4 guys close to that size: Bol, Bradley, Yao, and Muresan. All of them had a lot of problems with injuries, I think. Muresan had 3 productive years and that was it.

I saw Bol play in Chicago, and he looked really quick for his size, but he was rail-thin and got pushed around. According to his wiki page he ran a basketball clinic in Cairo, Egypt that produced Luol Deng.

Old 04-05-2015, 09:35 PM

28,503 posts, read 15,458,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Wow, he has a very nice shooting touch, not the flat shot like so many big guys. He looks out of shape in the videos I see, but hopefully he can fix that.

I can think of 4 guys close to that size: Bol, Bradley, Yao, and Muresan. All of them had a lot of problems with injuries, I think. Muresan had 3 productive years and that was it.

I saw Bol play in Chicago, and he looked really quick for his size, but he was rail-thin and got pushed around. According to his wiki page he ran a basketball clinic in Cairo, Egypt that produced Luol Deng.
Yao probably was the best of them - but his feet just could not take the pounding. Bhullar weighs more than Yao.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or