U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 01:55 PM

13,300 posts, read 10,505,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Jordan shoots better than most players in the NBA.
Correction......SHOT better, he has not proven himself against the real thing yet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2011, 01:57 PM

52,019 posts, read 41,851,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Correction......SHOT better, he has not proven himself against the real thing yet
If you'd read the thread you would know that he plays\practices with bobcat players.

Old 07-25-2011, 01:59 PM

Let's remember everyone, Jordan has a huge ego.

IF he is really considering this we will ONLY see him step back on the court if he is able to contribute in a limited roll effectively.

There is just no way we are going to see Jordan come out as some sort of gimmick\laughing stock and since the decision is his the deck is stacked in his favor.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
If you'd read the thread you would know that he plays\practices with bobcat players.
Listen to what you just said "he plays\practices with bobcat players" I'm sure that there is a considerable difference then PLAYING AGAINST the Lakers,Celtics or Heat

Old 07-26-2011, 11:08 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,367,818 times
Quote:
Listen to what you just said "he plays\practices with bobcat players" I'm sure that there is a considerable difference then PLAYING AGAINST the Lakers,Celtics or Heat
I must have missed the part where he said it was the same thing.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:24 AM

Quote:
It's my opinion that in playing live scrimmages against NBA players Jordan will be able to judge his capabilities.

Teams use things like these all the time to evaluate potential draft picks.

Those are also the types of scrimmages that started all the buzz about Lebron back when he was 17 playing with pros at hoops gym in chicago one summer a decade or so ago.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:25 AM

Interesting side-note. Willie Gault of the Bears is 50ish and can still run a 10.7second 100m.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
It's my opinion that in playing live scrimmages against NBA players Jordan will be able to judge his capabilities.

Teams use things like these all the time to evaluate potential draft picks.

Those are also the types of scrimmages that started all the buzz about Lebron back when he was 17 playing with pros at hoops gym in chicago one summer a decade or so ago.
I understand your point but they were not labeled as the greatest b-ball player and nor did they have part ownership of the team that they practiced with. Besides you are also dealing with a man with a massive ego....remember when he thought that he was a better baseball than he actually was?

Old 07-26-2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:
I understand your point but they were not labeled as the greatest b-ball player and nor did they have part ownership of the team that they practiced with. Besides you are also dealing with a man with a massive ego....remember when he thought that he was a better baseball than he actually was?
Well, we shall just have to wait and see.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:35 PM

1,694 posts, read 1,496,229 times
I've been trying to recall the longest time between a player's retirement and a comeback in the history of sports. I'm old (60) so I can go back a ways. There was a Reds pitcher, Jose Rijo, who made a comeback maybe ten years ago. When he made his comeback he had the distinction of being the only player to play in the Major Leagues who had received Hall of Fame votes before again becoming an active player. So, another words, he had retired for at least five years before his comeback.

I remember Bob Cousy playing for the Cincinnati Royals as a player/coach in the 69-70 season. Before that, he had last played in the 62-63 season for the Celtics. During the 69-70 season he looked like a chubby, short guy who would look more in place shooting baskets in the driveway with his high school son. During the 69-70 season, the rare times Cousy put himself into games was when he was completely frustrated by his team's execution. He sucked, by the way, and the comeback could be summed up as a big mistake.

Bottom line is, Jordan really ought to stay retired. So should Bret Farve, come to think of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or