Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 04:35 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,921,797 times

Advertisements

good stuff. only miss 16 games. not going to hurt the league much since they didnt sit out the full season. great news for basketball fans, and arena employees/local businesses that need nba basketball to make a living.

NBA owners, players have tentative agreement - ESPN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2011, 04:47 AM

668 posts, read 2,186,102 times
There goes Television for March LOL...

I wish you well...

Jesse

Old 11-26-2011, 06:15 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times
comments so far on my local news site are largely 'who cares.' Granted, we did lose our team to a much smaller market a couple of years ago.

I suppose it's good news. But a) how are they only losing 16 games from the schedule when they're missing 2 months? Are they going to increase the frequency of games? Bad idea--more injuries and lesser quality of play. b) Is one month really enough prep time before starting league play? I know that as a runner, it takes me a lot longer than a month of training to peak. But then I am a lot older than an NBA player. Still I'm very skeptical. Again, they're cruising for more injuries, and a lesser quality of play.

Will they offer discounts on tickets to compensate for the lesser quality of play????

Old 11-26-2011, 07:05 AM

1,355 posts, read 1,920,525 times
Tentative NBA labor deal- LOL, professional sports goes corporate. Not sure how or why these guys make millions of dollars. Or the fascination that people get by watching other people play a game at a professional level.

Old 11-26-2011, 07:16 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,138,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
good stuff. only miss 16 games. not going to hurt the league much since they didnt sit out the full season. great news for basketball fans, and arena employees/local businesses that need nba basketball to make a living.

NBA owners, players have tentative agreement - ESPN
You need to stress the tentative. It still needs to be voted on. The owners will pass it but the players need a majority vote as well. I think it will pass but we will see.

Old 11-26-2011, 09:45 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,485,004 times
Even though its not official, I feel like it is. WHOOOO great news if so!!

Old 11-26-2011, 10:01 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Wonder if there will be a discount on the NBA League Pass

Old 11-26-2011, 10:20 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,082,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
comments so far on my local news site are largely 'who cares.' Granted, we did lose our team to a much smaller market a couple of years ago.

I suppose it's good news. But a) how are they only losing 16 games from the schedule when they're missing 2 months? Are they going to increase the frequency of games? Bad idea--more injuries and lesser quality of play. b) Is one month really enough prep time before starting league play? I know that as a runner, it takes me a lot longer than a month of training to peak. But then I am a lot older than an NBA player. Still I'm very skeptical. Again, they're cruising for more injuries, and a lesser quality of play.

Will they offer discounts on tickets to compensate for the lesser quality of play????

they are going to have 66 games so there will be a few more B2B and less 3-4-5 day breaks. i agree its going to put pressure on the players health. i would have preferred a 50 game season like in 1999 but hey i will take all i can get.

Quote:
TVandSportsGuy Wonder if there will be a discount on the NBA League Pass
league pass from dish network sent me a letter telling me the league pass would be uncharged until the lock out officially ended then it would be prorated based on the number of games in the season.

Old 11-26-2011, 10:23 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
they are going to have 66 games so there will be a few more B2B and less 3-4-5 day breaks. i agree its going to put pressure on the players health. i would have preferred a 50 game season like in 1999 but hey i will take all i can get.

league pass from dish network sent me a letter telling me the league pass would be uncharged until the lock out officially ended then it would be prorated based on the number of games in the season.
Sounds like no discount and I still won't be buying it. It can atleast be free for the first week of the season.

Old 11-26-2011, 10:27 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,082,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Sounds like no discount and I still won't be buying it. It can atleast be free for the first week of the season.
i am guessing its going to be between 100 and 130 for the season. now if you're local to "your team" then why spend the money because local teams tend to be shown almost every game, for those of us living in a town other then "our team" league pass is great. not to mention some of us like to watch other teams play as well and league pass lets us catch 99% of every game. $100 for a season of games from every team in the league is still a nice deal even if its not an 82 game season.

i for one will renew my league pass as soon as its available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball