U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 09:21 AM

51,993 posts, read 41,825,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
I am a Laker fan and I feel that Kobe Bryant has outlived his usefullness, IMO he is now a liability.

I think he feels he is above everyone else, the rest of the team are nothing but the help. When he finally retires, the Lakers just may get a top tier free agent, but not until then.

I never thought that way before, but sad to say I do now.
You're just now coming to this realization? Um....he's been running players off *his team* and throwing guys under the bus since he drove Shaq out of town.

Scroll back through this thread and you'll see claim after claim about how it was BECAUSE Kobe was there that free agents would flock to join up. Or because it's a *big market* or *leagacy*. Heck, the Lakers can't even get their OWN free agents to stay.

Kobe hasn't aged like fine wine. He has aged like Taco bell left in your car for a week in July.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2015, 10:26 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,201,268 times
Is Kobe just a pure dbag or is he pouting that his team sucks???

Kobe Bryant yet to talk with new Los Angeles Lakers players Brandon Bass, Lou Williams, Roy Hibbert

Old 07-28-2015, 06:45 AM

byron scott is a GENIUS!

Lakers Expect Kobe Bryant To Play Some Minutes At Power Forward - RealGM Wiretap

Old 07-28-2015, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Lol.

I just keep looking up at the thread title.

I wouldn't grind so hard normally but we KEEP getting Laker fans in talking about how they're going to get Jimmy Butler or Aldrige or Lebron or blah blah blah because everywhere else is "lesser".

Well guys, enjoy another 20 win "reloading" season with all the free agents that just couldn't wait to join you.

Old 07-30-2015, 11:08 AM

8,548 posts, read 8,884,653 times
You guys are gloating right now, but you know historically the Lakers have not been down very long. Time will tell if this new generation of ownership can change things back, but the Lakers (& Celts) DO have the biggest n baddest reputation (& results) in NBA history. And if you look back at the changes over the years the title of this thread is spot on. We will see if they can do it again soon...

Old 07-30-2015, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
You guys are gloating right now, but you know historically the Lakers have not been down very long. Time will tell if this new generation of ownership can change things back, but the Lakers (& Celts) DO have the biggest n baddest reputation (& results) in NBA history. And if you look back at the changes over the years the title of this thread is spot on. We will see if they can do it again soon...
There's no arguing the lakers have had great success over their long history, but remember, dr buss is gone, the salary cap is totally different, the cba is completely different, it's not like the 1960s, 1970s, or 1980s were they could buy all the top players.

We shall see once Kobe comes off the books but we will leave it at things don't look to promising in lakerland.

(On a side note, LAL fans are the only fans that get away with claiming titles from other cities, ie Minnesota lakers)

Old 07-31-2015, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Nobody is denying any of that. I've personally said the Lakers have the best franchise history in the league.

The part you are missing is that we aren't gloating out of nowhere, we are responding to the still continuing stream of nausea and blind denial coming from Laker fans.

If you guys were informed and saying things like "yes we are in a rebuild" then there would be no rebuttal.

Instead what we keep hearing year after year is how they will be the top winner in free agency and how all the players on our teams will be leaving to join the Lakers...and how everyone WANTS to play with Kobe and how they'd be back in the finals by now instead of the lottery.

There were some pretty vicious attacks on several of us for daring suggest the Lakers were heading into a rebuild....don't cry when we bump those threads to remind the delusional.

Old 07-31-2015, 01:10 PM

8,548 posts, read 8,884,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Nobody is denying any of that. I've personally said the Lakers have the best franchise history in the league.

The part you are missing is that we aren't gloating out of nowhere, we are responding to the still continuing stream of nausea and blind denial coming from Laker fans.

If you guys were informed and saying things like "yes we are in a rebuild" then there would be no rebuttal.

Instead what we keep hearing year after year is how they will be the top winner in free agency and how all the players on our teams will be leaving to join the Lakers...and how everyone WANTS to play with Kobe and how they'd be back in the finals by now instead of the lottery.

There were some pretty vicious attacks on several of us for daring suggest the Lakers were heading into a rebuild....don't cry when we bump those threads to remind the delusional.

Dont lump me in there, as Ive never said anything close. I did grow up a Laker fan, but spent the last 15 years in the DFW area a huge Mavs (Dirk) fan. The fact that the Lakers are rebuilding obviously goes without saying. It doesnt take away from the franchise greatness or Kobe's legacy at this point.

The other point of IF the Lakers have more pull in free agency than other NBA teams. In general yes, for sure they do. The Lakers are the Yankees and Cowboys of the NBA. That doesnt mean theyre going to get anyone they want, but it is still a big draw other things being equal. This isnt the Knicks were talking about its the Lakers!

Old 07-31-2015, 05:44 PM

1,742 posts, read 5,002,522 times
The league and the players in general just aren't like they used to be. Chris Paul would've been a good fit with Kobe, and he almost got DJ to leave. Unfortunately after 2010, it was just one bad thing after another with Howard, Nash, Pau, and coaches. It would've been interesting though to see Kobe and CP3 together, as Bynum might've turned out different and/or a trade or even free agency acquisition of Howard could've happened. Howard still might've left, but it would've been much harder with a more competitive combo in Kobe/CP3. A lot of their future now depends on how some of their young players and new acquisitions turn out as well as how much that warrants and appeals to some free agents.

Old 07-31-2015, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Dont lump me in there, as Ive never said anything close. I did grow up a Laker fan, but spent the last 15 years in the DFW area a huge Mavs (Dirk) fan. The fact that the Lakers are rebuilding obviously goes without saying. It doesnt take away from the franchise greatness or Kobe's legacy at this point.

The other point of IF the Lakers have more pull in free agency than other NBA teams. In general yes, for sure they do. The Lakers are the Yankees and Cowboys of the NBA. That doesnt mean theyre going to get anyone they want, but it is still a big draw other things being equal. This isnt the Knicks were talking about its the Lakers!
Then cut us a little thread for dealing with delusional fans over the last 4-5 years. Dear god, we were called Laker haters for saying the Nash trade was stupid.

It's like you can't even have a discussion.

Reminds me of some of the pre-season Cavs threads about how Dion Waiters was a max-contract level player.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball