U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-26-2012, 10:20 AM

921 posts, read 847,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Do you know what the role of the point guard is in a basketball game? The Indianapolis Colts had some Pro Bowl players on offense this year, they didn't look so great without Peyton Manning running the show.

Just joking around. Of course I understand KU caught a break yesterday.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 12:14 PM

1,552 posts, read 643,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Well my team (Cuse') bit the dust. F k me I guess. It had to come at the hands of a team that I thought was "overrated" all year. Syracuse goes ahead and has their worst game..Your damned if you do, your damned if you don't. All excuses aside, they had to lose to this team. Sorry, just being honest. I hate Ohio state with a passion. No love loss there. I am a Michigan fan for football, so that explains that. My basketball team, (Syracuse) has to deal with defeat against my most hated football rivalry is just plain "cruel". For lack of a better word..And from what I've said about Ohio State being over-rated. This is just the worst twist of fate..If you have watched the Cuse', (should change it to ex-cuse) all year long, you know they played awful. However, as a Syracuse fan I am not shocked. I have come to expect this from this over-rated program. Overated coach and over-rated system. They always disappear when you need them to come through the most. Biggest choke artists in college basketball. Their coach is a complete hack. The program won't get better until he's gone. I blame him. He doesn't get his guys ready. Look at the Rick Patino's of the world. Tom Izzo's, Billy Donovan, Coach K, etc. They have so many more national titles and have gone further in the tournament much more than Suckycuse. Suckycuse only four final fours????Unacceptable if you want to be an "elite" program. Just one national title in 36 years. You tell me what that says for their coach???

I'm so sick of the same ending...

Rant over.
I used to get that upset over Syracuse losses. Now, I just hope for recruits solid enough to continue the torture for another few years.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:26 PM

6,025 posts, read 5,027,274 times
So I'm hearing the K-State coach might be headed for South Carolina.

Old 03-27-2012, 12:23 PM

3,322 posts, read 2,916,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
I am aware of the "all-time wins" list, here's the top 4:

1- Kentucky: 2052 Wins, 647 Losses, Winning Percentage= .760
2- Kansas: 2038 Wins, 799 Losses, Winning Percentage= .718
3- North Carolina: 2033 Wins, 728 Losses, Winning Percentage= .736
4- Duke: 1944 Wins, 827 Losses, Winning Percentage= .702

Or let a non KU, non UNC fan on here look at these stats and make the call.
I see my beloved Cats on top exactly where they are supposed to be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexingtongal View Post
Loving my UK Cats. This team is a blast to watch
Exactly! Go Big Blue!!!

Dunno about you Lexi girl, but I am ready for a red bird dinner soon!

Old 03-27-2012, 07:34 PM

888 posts, read 1,859,290 times
Oh I am so ready. I hate Benedict Arnold and hope we beat them in a big way. This town will go crazy! We went to the airport when they flew in after Sundays game and there were over 500 people there. Davis is my all time favorite Cat. Talent galore but still very humble.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:24 AM

921 posts, read 847,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexingtongal View Post
Oh I am so ready. I hate Benedict Arnold and hope we beat them in a big way. This town will go crazy! We went to the airport when they flew in after Sundays game and there were over 500 people there. Davis is my all time favorite Cat. Talent galore but still very humble.
When KU got back to Lawrence at 1 AM Monday morning there were thousands of people in Allen Fieldhouse.

I hope we get past Ohio St to get another shot at Kentucky(who I think will roll over Louisville)...I don't think KY can be beaten right now...that team is a monster.

AFH- The Return - YouTube

Old 03-28-2012, 03:08 PM

5,740 posts, read 5,816,317 times
I fully expect UK to take the title. They are far more talented than any of the other teams in the FF or at all. Of course, they can be beat. Bill Self has used the early season UK loss as ammo for practice all season so they might be able to give them a game if everyone steps up.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:21 PM

641 posts, read 318,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockChalk528808 View Post
I hope we get past Ohio St to get another shot at Kentucky(who I think will roll over Louisville)...I don't think KY can be beaten right now...that team is a monster.
I'd be leery of Louisville. If they come to play, their defense is stifling and they can nail threes. I had them going to the championship game (along with OSU) in my bracket.

They are a little flakey as a team though, hence their conference record. They might not show up at all.

Old 03-29-2012, 05:30 PM
Status: "Ft. Knox/Louisville for the weekend." (set 3 days ago)

14,484 posts, read 16,171,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesthebass View Post
I'd be leery of Louisville. If they come to play, their defense is stifling and they can nail threes. I had them going to the championship game (along with OSU) in my bracket.

They are a little flakey as a team though, hence their conference record. They might not show up at all.
Yeah, but I think UK is going to get all they can handle. Louisville has nothing to lose, while UK is never going to live it down if they lose to their instate rival with arguably one of the best rosters they ever had.

Old 03-29-2012, 06:34 PM
Status: "Ft. Knox/Louisville for the weekend." (set 3 days ago)

14,484 posts, read 16,171,647 times
Well, Louisville fans are even more out for a beatdown after SI's screwup.

Louisville Fans Angry Over Sports Illustrated Cover - Louisville News Story - WLKY Louisville
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball