U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 01:39 PM

1,686 posts, read 714,995 times
Fab Melo didn't make the road trip. Evidently, he's not going to be a rocket scientist.

He may be eligible to play next week! And Mookie Jones has left the building!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2012, 08:44 PM

2,519 posts, read 1,572,310 times
Another giant goes down by the Noles... Duke's 45 winning streak at home is gone

Old 01-22-2012, 11:02 AM

2,557 posts, read 1,960,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
Great, Syracuse has solved the free throw shooting bugaboo and now they can't rebound worth a lick.

Rakeem Christmas may be our best natural rebounder but probably won't get major minutes because he hasn't learned to do other things.

And as Syracuse's biggest fan. I think this team is over-rated. They don't crash the boards as a team. They are one and done on offense. Their rebounding has been exposed. I think they would have beat Notre Dame with Fab Melo in the game because he would have blocked alot of their easy layups and that would have turned into a fastbreak. But Syracuse's biggest problem is they don't look right in half court settings. Which in the tournament will be their downfall. Too many guys last night went one on one. They looked awful. They didn't pass to each other. Chris Joseph who is sort of soft kept losing the ball. Triche did another no-show, and Deon Waiters was off. Christmas has done nothing all year. CJ fair didn't show up either. First game all year he didn't show up. No one looked like they wanted to shoot the ball. This team and I'm saying it now will not win it all. Won't even make it to the final four. Sweet sixteen and that's it. Their not built for the tournament like Boheim thinks. And they keep saying that they are the best defensive team that ever played. That makes me laugh. Their best defensive team was two years ago when they had Rautins and Onuaku. That team looked the best defensively. That team always had their hands out and it looked almost impossible to get the ball in anywhere. I remember thinking at times that that teams defense was the best I've ever seen. Haven't seen that in this team. Sorry, just being honest. If Onuaku hadn't got injured, I am confident that they would have beat Butler and gone on to win the NCAA championship. They were the best team that year.

They will lose the next game against Cincinatti. Yancy Gates will have a field day in the paint. I mean we couldn't stop a short white guy. A short white guy was outrebounding our whole team. Keita sucks...I'm angry right now. They've been exposed.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 01-22-2012 at 12:27 PM..

Old 01-23-2012, 10:14 AM

39 posts, read 40,128 times
I expected a lot more from college ball this year with all of the top players returning to school to their respective teams....but none the less there have been plenty of exciting games and with no one team really seperating themselves from the pack, the tourney will be wide open!

Go Tar Heels!!!!

Old 01-23-2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
And as Syracuse's biggest fan. I think this team is over-rated. They don't crash the boards as a team. They are one and done on offense. Their rebounding has been exposed. I think they would have beat Notre Dame with Fab Melo in the game because he would have blocked alot of their easy layups and that would have turned into a fastbreak. But Syracuse's biggest problem is they don't look right in half court settings. Which in the tournament will be their downfall. Too many guys last night went one on one. They looked awful. They didn't pass to each other. Chris Joseph who is sort of soft kept losing the ball. Triche did another no-show, and Deon Waiters was off. Christmas has done nothing all year. CJ fair didn't show up either. First game all year he didn't show up. No one looked like they wanted to shoot the ball. This team and I'm saying it now will not win it all. Won't even make it to the final four. Sweet sixteen and that's it. Their not built for the tournament like Boheim thinks. And they keep saying that they are the best defensive team that ever played. That makes me laugh. Their best defensive team was two years ago when they had Rautins and Onuaku. That team looked the best defensively. That team always had their hands out and it looked almost impossible to get the ball in anywhere. I remember thinking at times that that teams defense was the best I've ever seen. Haven't seen that in this team. Sorry, just being honest. If Onuaku hadn't got injured, I am confident that they would have beat Butler and gone on to win the NCAA championship. They were the best team that year.

They will lose the next game against Cincinatti. Yancy Gates will have a field day in the paint. I mean we couldn't stop a short white guy. A short white guy was outrebounding our whole team. Keita sucks...I'm angry right now. They've been exposed.
I'm just glad that they won a national championship in my lifetime. Makes the chronic disappointment go down a little easier.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:21 AM

Quote:
I'm just glad that they won a national championship in my lifetime. Makes the chronic disappointment go down a little easier.

I agree. I've never been a huge Boheim fan. I think as a coach he is over-rated. Just one National championship in over 30 years. Not that impressive. Personally I like Connecticuits coach better. I would take Calhoun (can't spell his name right) over Boheim anyday. There's just something about Boheim I've never liked. I feel like you. I'm used to the constant dissapointments with the Orange. It seems like every year it's the same thing. Upset by some team that should not have won. I'm still getting over that loss to Vermont or Maine or whoever the hel l it was some years back..Pathetic. They always talk about his winning 20 wins over and over again. Who cares? What has he done when it matters?

Sometimes I don't know how much more I can take as a Cuse fan. The constant dissapointments are getting to me. I'm surprised they beat Cincinnati. They finally showed a little toughness. They looked really confused and unfocused for that Notre Dame game. At least they looked more aggressive against Cincy.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:24 AM

Rakeem Christmas showed that he has the ability to be SU's best rebounder. The problem with Rakeem and Syracuse's other prized freshman, Michael Carter-Williams, is that neither plays with any amount of fire or intensity.

They're both said to be good kids but they need to fill up their passion bucket.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Rakeem Christmas showed that he has the ability to be SU's best rebounder. The problem with Rakeem and Syracuse's other prized freshman, Michael Carter-Williams, is that neither plays with any amount of fire or intensity.

They're both said to be good kids but they need to fill up their passion bucket.

I agree wholeheartedly. I've been wondering where Christmas has been all year. He finally rebounded a little bit. Yet, they had many guards on the floor at that time, so I'm still not impressed. I wasn't impressed with him when I saw the Mc'donalds All American game either. As for Carter williams, I agree about the passion with both players. They just look average to me for some reason. Carter-Williams started out the year looking good on defense, but Boheim hasn't given him that many minutes in a while. I'm looking forward to our red shirted three point Phenom we have coming next year. I didn't think we really lacked at shooting the three til recently. We've been in a slump.

And wtf is up with the polls. Why the hel is Ohio Skank ahead of us with three lossess? Especially when our one loss came at a time when our starting center was out. We have one loss and they are ranked higher. As usual no respect for the Orange. As Stephen A. Smith would say, "so disrespectful".. We are a more powerful basketball program too. I always think of Syracuse as a Kansas type powerhouse. We've unfortunately have come up short on some finals. I don't mind Kentucky, a little shocked at Missouri, but Ohio State???? Three lossess is better than one..FU Coaches poll. That was a little too far of a drop so quickly. I think because we looked so out of place in the ND game that they assumed without Melo we would lose to Cincy, just as I did. And knowing the tough part of our schedule is coming, it's like they dropped us in anticipation of more lossess. That's b.s. if you ask me. I'm surprised their little college darlings like N. Carolina and Duke weren't top five. Even though an unranked Florida State THUMPED North Carolina, they still make the top ten..B.s. if you ask me..Six weeks at number one should count for something. One bad game and suddenly every body is better than us. Come on Fab get a freaking tudor. We know you look partially retarded, but come on your at Syracuse. Syracuse is academically a good school..Get your sh t together.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 01-24-2012 at 11:57 AM..

Old 01-26-2012, 10:13 AM

1,490 posts, read 1,643,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
I don't mind Kentucky, a little shocked at Missouri, but Ohio State???? .
Missouri lost to Oklahoma State, so that should allow Syracuse to move up if it takes care of business. (Unfortunately, my Red Raiders get to play Mizzou at their place this Saturday...)

Old 01-27-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe01 View Post
Missouri lost to Oklahoma State, so that should allow Syracuse to move up if it takes care of business. (Unfortunately, my Red Raiders get to play Mizzou at their place this Saturday...)

There's no way Ohio State with three losses should be ranked higher than a one loss Syracuse team. No freaking way. They aren't even in the same category basketball wise as Syracuse. Football, obviously that is a different subject. I hate Ohio State with a passion anyways. I'm a Michigan fan when it comes to football. But bias aside, USA today must be nuts to put them ahead. It doesn't even make sense. Atleast in the AP, Syracuse is ranked higher. But for some reason t.v. goes by USA today standings.

But beyond all that, look at N. Carolina. If it were any other team other than Duke or darling Carolina, do you honestly think they would still be in the top ten, let alone eighth after losing to Florida State by over 30. If that was any other team in the country, they would have been dropped out of the top ten and put at twelfth or thirteen..I hate the constant Carolina/Duke bias. Just like when Duke had the softest ride to the National Championship two years ago. Every one was shocked. They didn't even deserve a number one seed, let alone the easiest route to a National Championship...I'm getting irritated with college basketball.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball