U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Labor Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-27-2012, 02:27 PM

1,473 posts, read 1,563,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
There's no way Ohio State with three losses should be ranked higher than a one loss Syracuse team. No freaking way. They aren't even in the same category basketball wise as Syracuse. Football, obviously that is a different subject. I hate Ohio State with a passion anyways. I'm a Michigan fan when it comes to football. But bias aside, USA today must be nuts to put them ahead. It doesn't even make sense. Atleast in the AP, Syracuse is ranked higher. But for some reason t.v. goes by USA today standings.

But beyond all that, look at N. Carolina. If it were any other team other than Duke or darling Carolina, do you honestly think they would still be in the top ten, let alone eighth after losing to Florida State by over 30. If that was any other team in the country, they would have been dropped out of the top ten and put at twelfth or thirteen..I hate the constant Carolina/Duke bias. Just like when Duke had the softest ride to the National Championship two years ago. Every one was shocked. They didn't even deserve a number one seed, let alone the easiest route to a National Championship...I'm getting irritated with college basketball.
Yeah, RPI should be looked at more favorably, where the Buckeyes are ranked 9th. I also agree that college basketball is frustrating sometimes. The postseason is still better than CFB, though (I hate to be Cpt. Obvious).
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2012, 08:34 PM

1,145 posts, read 869,991 times
#14 Creighton had a "Pink Out" tonight for "Creighton Vs Cancer."

Largest crowd in their history, 18,436 packed the CenturyLink Center!

Old 02-04-2012, 09:43 PM

506 posts, read 483,444 times
I am very angry right now. Tyshawn Taylor is talented but he is so dumb sometimes.

Old 02-08-2012, 06:51 AM

3,555 posts, read 4,221,333 times
I'm very excited about Act I of Duke vs. North Carolina tonight! Hoping the Tar Heels play more consistent defensively and pull out a win which will not be easy. Any thoughts on this matchup?

Old 02-08-2012, 09:36 PM

Hmmm.. Not may college ball fans on here, ey?

Old 02-09-2012, 08:45 AM

5,285 posts, read 3,749,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
I'm not huge into it, but after living in NC for a couple years (before moving back to Chicago) I gained appreciation for the Duke/Tarheel rivalry. Last nights game did not disappoint. NC basically blew it, but gotta give Duke credit for hitting some big shots.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I'm not huge into it, but after living in NC for a couple years (before moving back to Chicago) I gained appreciation for the Duke/Tarheel rivalry. Last nights game did not disappoint. NC basically blew it, but gotta give Duke credit for hitting some big shots.
Yep, I agree! NC stole defeat from jaws of victory!! Very disappointing loss for sure.. Hope they'll use this heartbreaking loss to improve and play better defense. UNC, in my opinion has been very overrated this year and pumped up by ESPN talking heads due to the name, not merit.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:49 AM

6,025 posts, read 5,023,253 times
Austin Rivers is a beast.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Austin Rivers is a beast.
yep, the kid's a player! Hard to believe that he's only a freshman! That buzzer beater 3 at the end was C L U T C H!!! I could not believe he made it..... It was a cold dagger in my heart!

Old 02-09-2012, 11:18 AM

2,519 posts, read 1,491,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
But beyond all that, look at N. Carolina. If it were any other team other than Duke or darling Carolina, do you honestly think they would still be in the top ten, let alone eighth after losing to Florida State by over 30. If that was any other team in the country, they would have been dropped out of the top ten and put at twelfth or thirteen..I hate the constant Carolina/Duke bias. Just like when Duke had the softest ride to the National Championship two years ago. Every one was shocked. They didn't even deserve a number one seed, let alone the easiest route to a National Championship...I'm getting irritated with college basketball.
Sure their road is easy but if a team is good enough they will eventually meet them so it is all relevant. They won in 2010 so they proved their worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident
I am. This thread is usually dead so I don't visit it much. As to your other thing, the UNC/Duke ending was amazing. I didn't catch the whole game since I watched my team tank (FSU). We are so night and day. I had hope that our team would ride this wave we had been on since the UNC win but our shooting was really poor in the second half of the last night game against BC. Reminded me of some of the earlier losses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball