U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 12:32 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,384,630 times

Advertisements

Okay free agency is finally here! *well will be soon* So who would you like to see come/go to your team?

Don't forget about the guys who are playing overseas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2011, 05:41 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,192,016 times
I am hoping the spurs can amnesty RJ, and mcdyess better retire. Then I would love to see a guy like dalembert sign for a mid level. Maybe the rockets amnesty scola only to sign with the team that did him a favor and sent him to Houston.

Old 11-30-2011, 08:34 AM

51,862 posts, read 41,758,040 times
First off, great thread.

Second, I am guessing a lot of teams are scrambling and looking at the new cap environment etc.

I commented back when Miami was building their 3-star team that if the cap got tightened they many not be able to add missing pieces like everyone just assumed.....this may have just come to pass.

I'm not up to speed on the whole situation...should be fascinating.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:51 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,361,271 times
This year will be interesting since it will be a short time where teams have to act, but next year will be where the main prizes lie. The sign and trade for CP3 the Celts have been talking about appears off the table:

New Orleans Hornets' Chris Paul wouldn't sign with Boston Celtics if dealt, source says - ESPN Boston

The article mentions him going to NYK to play with Melo and A'mare. It's weird even with those three, I still wouldn't fear the knicks that much. I doubt any big sign and trade would happen for CP3 or Dwight Howard as I'm sure they want to enjoy the free agency frenzy that Lebron, Wade etc did. It would be fun if Paul goes to NYK and Howard comes to Chicago, you would basically have three ricidulously stacked teams in the East and a bunch of mediocrity in the West with Kobe and Duncan on the tail ends of their careers. Maybe the next decade will be the East as the Beast instead of the Best in the West like we had in the post Jordan era.

Old 12-01-2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
This year will be interesting since it will be a short time where teams have to act, but next year will be where the main prizes lie. The sign and trade for CP3 the Celts have been talking about appears off the table:

New Orleans Hornets' Chris Paul wouldn't sign with Boston Celtics if dealt, source says - ESPN Boston

The article mentions him going to NYK to play with Melo and A'mare. It's weird even with those three, I still wouldn't fear the knicks that much. I doubt any big sign and trade would happen for CP3 or Dwight Howard as I'm sure they want to enjoy the free agency frenzy that Lebron, Wade etc did. It would be fun if Paul goes to NYK and Howard comes to Chicago, you would basically have three ricidulously stacked teams in the East and a bunch of mediocrity in the West with Kobe and Duncan on the tail ends of their careers. Maybe the next decade will be the East as the Beast instead of the Best in the West like we had in the post Jordan era.
Yeah, the Knicks don't scare me....Pheonix East with no defense.
Even with CP3....yawn.

The west has the Thunder for a tough young team that could add a piece yet.

The Bulls with Howard would be brutal.

These things always go in cycles. For about a decade except for when Jordan took 2 years off...the East dominated. Then Shaq went west and Duncan got drafted alongside Robinson after the fluke season and so forth.

The Heat gave Dallas a good fight in their first season together and the Bulls were tough but also showed their inexperience.

Once I know more about how the new cap rules work and look at things it will help me a lot to understand how things may shape up.

My personal opinion is that if the Bulls can fit Howard in....they will win a couple rings with that squad and any hope of a Miami *dynasty* will crumble even though I think they'd still win a ring or two.

Old 12-02-2011, 07:33 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,438,397 times
I think Howard will go the Clippers before he goes to the Bulls. The Clippers have a pretty good roster. They were ridden with injuries last year. They have a pretty exciting team too. I live in SoCal and all these Laker fans are convinced Howard will sign with the Lakers. I straight up do not understand why the hell he would. Kobe is what, in his 17th season? How long can/do you expect him to play? Other than Kobe, the roster isn't very good. Gasol is soft and Bynum is made out of glass. Artest is way too heavy to play SF now and gets slower each year. Fisher is Fisher but come on now, that is not a good roster.

Old 12-05-2011, 08:59 AM

so my spurs are apparently looking at caron buttler, josh howard and vince carter as options to pick up. im kinda on the fence with this considering they really need a big man not more wings. this does tell me that there is a strong likelihood that richard jefferson is gone either via trade or amnesty.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:03 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,361,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
I think Howard will go the Clippers before he goes to the Bulls. The Clippers have a pretty good roster. They were ridden with injuries last year. They have a pretty exciting team too. I live in SoCal and all these Laker fans are convinced Howard will sign with the Lakers. I straight up do not understand why the hell he would. Kobe is what, in his 17th season? How long can/do you expect him to play? Other than Kobe, the roster isn't very good. Gasol is soft and Bynum is made out of glass. Artest is way too heavy to play SF now and gets slower each year. Fisher is Fisher but come on now, that is not a good roster.
Not that I think the Clippers don't have some talent, but I just have a hard time believing the prize free agent of a class would sign with that team. Crazier things have happened, but I would be very shocked if he went to the LAC

Old 12-05-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
The Clippers? The team that finished 3rd from the bottom in the west?

You are going to need some Rhino tranquilizer to convince Howard that the Clippers are a good deal.

The Bulls were in the ECF last year and have a deep young team with plenty of value to trade without gutting the team.

Many Lakers fans are generally clueless about basketball. The first question to ask your friends is "how has free agency and salary caps changed since Shaq went to LA? From which team did he come?" They MIGHT be able to answer the 2nd question....certainly not the first one.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:20 PM

Word is the spurs are gonna amnesty Jefferson. They met with Caron butler and josh Howard yesterday and would not be saying this early that RJ was gone with no plan B. things are getting real, real fast!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball