U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2012, 09:34 AM
JL

7,351 posts, read 11,879,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
so its pretty clear artest new SOMEONE was there, he didnt even look to see who he just swung. now a big "what if", what if kobe was behind him? oh the irony that would have presented.
when you know someone is there and still swing your elbow, it shows negligence/recklessness...or like " i don't give a s****, gtfo my way". i honestly believe, he knew it was a thunder player, but even if he didn't know, still carelessness or disregard which probably would **** off Stern even more.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:40 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,878,428 times
It was a potentially VERY dangerous situation, particularly given the point of contact. If Harden had actually been looking towards Artest and not the sidelines, he'd probably be missing a few teeth and have a broken nose today.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:14 PM

51,893 posts, read 41,774,553 times
It's pretty interesting in that this one action may likely have serious implications for the playoffs of BOTH the Lakers and OKC if Harden has lingering problems.

Can you imagine if a bench clearing brawl had occurred? Wow.

Old 04-23-2012, 01:22 PM

1,586 posts, read 6,159,744 times
Quote:
harden didnt have any signs of concussion by the way.
Dude, Harden will miss the rest of the reg season w his injury. Crap like this is like a major car accident. Pain and problems ect. sets in later after the injury. Harden has to go through a bunch of rigirous bs before he can even play again due to last years new rule. He will prob miss some playoff games too. MWeirdP should be put in a straight jacket and thrown to wolves or Ibaka. But, I think Stern and his dying love for OKC will provide enough pain for the moron. I say he gets kicked out of the NBA just to save face.

Old 04-23-2012, 01:57 PM

758 posts, read 1,035,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happytown View Post
Dude, Harden will miss the rest of the reg season w his injury. Crap like this is like a major car accident. Pain and problems ect. sets in later after the injury. Harden has to go through a bunch of rigirous bs before he can even play again due to last years new rule. He will prob miss some playoff games too. MWeirdP should be put in a straight jacket and thrown to wolves or Ibaka. But, I think Stern and his dying love for OKC will provide enough pain for the moron. I say he gets kicked out of the NBA just to save face.
Exactly

Old 04-23-2012, 04:49 PM

8,545 posts, read 8,872,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Actually, looks like Odom is indicated as a team option (is this an error?) and that leaves them enough $$$ to sign BOTH terry and dwight.

I'm not even remotely a Dallas fan, I really don't care, but they ahve enough room to sign Dwight and re-sign terry. IMO.

The talk all season in Dallas when they decided not to bring back the entire team from last season was that they were going to sign some temporary help in Carter, Odom and Delonte and hold out to make a run at both Dwight Howard and Deron Williams. If they had a shot, then Terry may not make the cut, hate to lose him, but they want to take one more stab while Dirk is still elite. After a slow start he's back to 8th in league scoring. Interestingly Dwight and Deron are right behind him.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:35 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,362,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
The talk all season in Dallas when they decided not to bring back the entire team from last season was that they were going to sign some temporary help in Carter, Odom and Delonte and hold out to make a run at both Dwight Howard and Deron Williams. If they had a shot, then Terry may not make the cut, hate to lose him, but they want to take one more stab while Dirk is still elite. After a slow start he's back to 8th in league scoring. Interestingly Dwight and Deron are right behind him.
That would be such a better put together "big three" scheme wise, as compared to what is in south beach.

I'd give them the title next year for SURE if they have those three playing at their capabilities.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:44 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,194,022 times
Spurs locked up the #1 in the west in style. 124-89 over Portland. Duncan played the most minutes on the team with just over 26 minutes. All 13 players scored.

So now I'm curious to see who even travels to phx and GS for the last 2 games of the week. I'm guessing the big 3 don't travel, and depending how Neal's shoulder is after getting plastered by Kurt Thomas he may not travel either.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:52 PM

927 posts, read 1,209,159 times
That's a wrap. San Antonio has clinched the West and with it hca throughout the Western playoffs. Sorry ESPN. Your preordained Western Champions did not "easily" win the West in the end. They did come close though.

On another note, I surely hope that Harden is able to go for the OKCT in the playoffs. It would definitely hurt them if he could not play in the first round or beyond.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:56 PM

927 posts, read 1,209,159 times
Quote:
Spurs locked up the #1 in the west in style. 124-89 over Portland. Duncan played the most minutes on the team with just over 26 minutes. All 13 players scored.

So now I'm curious to see who even travels to phx and GS for the last 2 games of the week. I'm guessing the big 3 don't travel, and depending how Neal's shoulder is after getting plastered by Kurt Thomas he may not travel either.
How about Patrick Mills in that fourth quarter? Did he light it up or what? Payback is a bear.

Your guess is as good as mine as to who will make the trip for the final games. One thing is for sure though, Manu must not, should not, cannot play the last game in Oakland. Please Pop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball