U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2012, 11:09 PM

8,558 posts, read 8,895,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
That would be such a better put together "big three" scheme wise, as compared to what is in south beach.

I'd give them the title next year for SURE if they have those three playing at their capabilities.

We can only dream, but it will be interesting to see. One thing is for sure Mark Cuban will not sit pat....

Old 04-23-2012, 11:10 PM

8,558 posts, read 8,895,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
That's a wrap. San Antonio has clinched the West and with it hca throughout the Western playoffs. Sorry ESPN. Your preordained Western Champions did not "easily" win the West in the end. They did come close though.

On another note, I surely hope that Harden is able to go for the OKCT in the playoffs. It would definitely hurt them if he could not play in the first round or beyond.

It is an amazing feat for the Spurs to have the best record at the stage when people were writing them off. Amazing consistency under Popovich and Tony Parker has always been under rated....

Old 04-24-2012, 06:44 AM

52,080 posts, read 41,881,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
The talk all season in Dallas when they decided not to bring back the entire team from last season was that they were going to sign some temporary help in Carter, Odom and Delonte and hold out to make a run at both Dwight Howard and Deron Williams. If they had a shot, then Terry may not make the cut, hate to lose him, but they want to take one more stab while Dirk is still elite. After a slow start he's back to 8th in league scoring. Interestingly Dwight and Deron are right behind him.
Deron will cost a lot more than Terry IMO and a lot of teams are ACUTELY aware of the severity of the tax penalties for going over.

I'm not sure that the extra $$$ for Deron over Terry plus the addition of Dwight is feasible without getting into a very very bad place in the salary cap penalty.

I don't think that even Cuban wants to pay $50million or more a year to the other owners.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:50 AM

52,080 posts, read 41,881,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
It is an amazing feat for the Spurs to have the best record at the stage when people were writing them off. Amazing consistency under Popovich and Tony Parker has always been under rated....
I questioned the Spurs early in the season, but I think it was justifiable given that we weren't sure how some of the players would rebound from injuries as well as the development of some of their key younger guys.

As it stands, especially with Harden and Peace potentially either not playing or perhaps just not being 100% in Harden's case one could reasonably argue that the Spurs are the team to beat.

However, the west has a lot of dangerous teams so there is a lot more upset potential there in the first 1-2 rounds than in the east.

I do know that the Lakers have to be happy as they have 2 match-ups left with the Spurs and a mere 1/2 game division lead over the Clippers. If the Spurs bench beats them and they lose their division, it's going to be embarassing....even making their stars play heavy minutes is a negative for them.

Old 04-24-2012, 04:33 PM

7,836 posts, read 19,593,411 times

Governor Christie To The New Jersey Nets: Goodbye - YouTube

Thoughts? I agree with him, you think you're too good for New Jersey and don't want to be there fine, see ya!

Old 04-24-2012, 04:38 PM

927 posts, read 1,210,488 times
It's official. The Big Three will make the trip to Phoenix. It's a risky move by Pop but I can understand his logic a bit. Keep the big three in tune for the playoffs this weekend but at the same time severely limiting their minutes in the final two games.

Old 04-24-2012, 04:53 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,208,317 times
Where did you hear that? I have not seen anything on any of the spurs sites saying they will travel.
That said, traveling and playing are 2 different things. I can see the logic, keep everyone in rhythm, maybe get that #1 overall (need a bulls loss) and work on some plays.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:27 PM

927 posts, read 1,210,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Where did you hear that? I have not seen anything on any of the spurs sites saying they will travel.
That said, traveling and playing are 2 different things. I can see the logic, keep everyone in rhythm, maybe get that #1 overall (need a bulls loss) and work on some plays.
I spotted it on a SpursTalk thread. It could still be in the rumor stage right now but I think they went ahead and made the trip. Additionally, Gary Neal did not go to Phoenix nor will he travel to Oakland for the finale.

According to MaxSports, Big 3 made trip to Phx - SpursTalk.com - Forums

Old 04-24-2012, 09:18 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,370,264 times
Bulls lock up #1...well Miami does it for them by losing tonight. Now, lets see if the knicks tank for the 8 seed.

Old 04-25-2012, 04:58 AM

4,399 posts, read 9,071,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post

Governor Christie To The New Jersey Nets: Goodbye - YouTube

Thoughts? I agree with him, you think you're too good for New Jersey and don't want to be there fine, see ya!
I think nobody really cared about the nets when they were in jersey so logically no one will care when they leave. So Christie is right in that respect. But he's dead wrong to think that New Jersey is some great place for basketball. The nets didn't sell out even when they had great teams with Jason Kidd, and Kerry Kittles. New Jersey doesn't deserve a nba team, because no one there cares. So Chrstie has no reason to be bitter(you can detect the not subtle bitterness in his speech).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball