Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2012, 07:20 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Bulls lock up #1...well Miami does it for them by losing tonight. Now, lets see if the knicks tank for the 8 seed.
Knicks can't beat either the Heat or the Bulls in a 7 game series so it's moot.

Old 04-25-2012, 07:35 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,703 times
Nuggets win tonnight and they can clinch 6th spot in the west, which would mean the Lakers...without Artest.

Lakers definitely aren't a championship team, and they definitely couldn't beat the Thunder or the Spurs. But they've got a chance to beat the Lakers and at least make the second round.

Old 04-25-2012, 03:50 PM

1,586 posts, read 6,758,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Nuggets win tonnight and they can clinch 6th spot in the west, which would mean the Lakers...without Artest.

Lakers definitely aren't a championship team, and they definitely couldn't beat the Thunder or the Spurs. But they've got a chance to beat the Lakers and at least make the second round.
Scotty finally rested the starters last night. Thunder win at home 112-96.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:18 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,534,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post

I think the Nuggets have somewhat of a chance to upset the Lakers. Low ball IQ McGee might be learning something under Karl. He does have the size and shot blocking ability to possibly mitigate what Bynum does. Kenneth Faried plays above the rim all the time. It will be a very interesting series. Expect the Nuggets to push the ball as much as they can with Lawson trying to get easy buckets for them.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:38 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,086,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
I think the Nuggets have somewhat of a chance to upset the Lakers. Low ball IQ McGee might be learning something under Karl. He does have the size and shot blocking ability to possibly mitigate what Bynum does. Kenneth Faried plays above the rim all the time. It will be a very interesting series. Expect the Nuggets to push the ball as much as they can with Lawson trying to get easy buckets for them.
that is going to be a tough series for both teams.
then the thunder vs mavs SHOULD be a tough one as well.

i expect lakers and thunder make it out of the 1st round then by that time artest will be back and that series is going to be tough as well.

spurs should make short work of the jazz
griz and clippers i would expect a tough series as long as gasols recent injuries are not hurting him to bad.

i expect the spurs and clippers to come out of their series.
clippers dont have the cohesion yet, and should have been beat up some by the griz while the spurs should be rested if not rusty.

i expect spurs vs thunder.

thunder having 2 tough rounds, heavy minutes, and utter and complete lack of pick and roll defense should fall to the spurs.

once the seeds are official i think we need a predictor thread. to bad we cant put anything on the line so to speak??????!!!!!!!

my current predictions will only be for the west and pending seeding change will be set.

spurs vs jazz = spurs in 5 (i gotta give ONE to the jazz)
thunder vs mavs = thunder in 6
lakers vs nuggets = lakers in 7
griz vs clippers = clippers in 7

spurs vs clippers = spurs in 6
thunder vs lakers = thunder in 7

spurs vs thunder = spurs in 6

i know 7 or a loss will be popular but i think if the spurs are healthy they will be fresher and better coached. the thunder have no pick and roll defense and the spurs are PnR perfection. leonard/jackson will LIMIT durant, green and manu will slow harden, and parker and westbrook will offset each other. the roation of duncan diaw, splitter and dejuan "thunder killer" blair will handle the lack of offensive output on the inside of the thunder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9nwhrROQs8

Old 04-26-2012, 05:19 AM

927 posts, read 1,390,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
that is going to be a tough series for both teams.
then the thunder vs mavs SHOULD be a tough one as well.

i expect lakers and thunder make it out of the 1st round then by that time artest will be back and that series is going to be tough as well.

spurs should make short work of the jazz
griz and clippers i would expect a tough series as long as gasols recent injuries are not hurting him to bad.

i expect the spurs and clippers to come out of their series.
clippers dont have the cohesion yet, and should have been beat up some by the griz while the spurs should be rested if not rusty.

i expect spurs vs thunder.

thunder having 2 tough rounds, heavy minutes, and utter and complete lack of pick and roll defense should fall to the spurs.

once the seeds are official i think we need a predictor thread. to bad we cant put anything on the line so to speak??????!!!!!!!

my current predictions will only be for the west and pending seeding change will be set.

spurs vs jazz = spurs in 5 (i gotta give ONE to the jazz)
thunder vs mavs = thunder in 6
lakers vs nuggets = lakers in 7
griz vs clippers = clippers in 7

spurs vs clippers = spurs in 6
thunder vs lakers = thunder in 7

spurs vs thunder = spurs in 6

i know 7 or a loss will be popular but i think if the spurs are healthy they will be fresher and better coached. the thunder have no pick and roll defense and the spurs are PnR perfection. leonard/jackson will LIMIT durant, green and manu will slow harden, and parker and westbrook will offset each other. the roation of duncan diaw, splitter and dejuan "thunder killer" blair will handle the lack of offensive output on the inside of the thunder.

DeJuan Blair 28points 21rebounds in 31Mins Vs. Oklahoma City Thunder - YouTube
I don't see Utah winning a single game against the mighty Spurs.

I cannot see Dallas taking two from OKC either. OKC in another possible sweep.

Lakers vs Nuggets could in fact go seven. But I definitely see the potential of a Denver upset. Especially given the suspension of Metta World Destruction for most of the first round for the LAL.

I see the Clippers winning this series but it won't take them seven games. Clippers in 6.

So: SA vs LAC. Spurs in 5.

OKC vs Denver. OKC in 5.

SA vs OKC. Not a tough call but difficult to predict how long it will take the Spurs to eliminate the Thunder. My guess? San Antonio in 6.

An SA vs Chicago Finals matchup. San Antonio in 6.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:07 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,086,275 times
spurs need to beat the biggest tankers in the league right now the warriors for a 3rd double digit win streak. they beat the suns last night with no parker, manu, duncan, OR POP. all 4 where in arizona but flew home after practice. pop dropped a big FU on the suns lol.

3 double digit win streaks in a 66 game season with 2 streaks ending because pop tanked them and rested guys. thats pretty good i guess.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:45 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,704,376 times
Personally I'm refraining from making any major predictions till we get to the Finals. With this shortened season, I don't think we can put as much stock in how we've seen some teams perform this year, as with your normal 82 game season. For example, I think Dallas is better than what we've seen this year (as is Dirk), and they're going to be a tough out for anyone.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:22 AM

1,586 posts, read 6,758,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Personally I'm refraining from making any major predictions till we get to the Finals. With this shortened season, I don't think we can put as much stock in how we've seen some teams perform this year, as with your normal 82 game season. For example, I think Dallas is better than what we've seen this year (as is Dirk), and they're going to be a tough out for anyone.
And Im going to try to refrain from making any predictions at all considering my last post. lol

Old 04-26-2012, 05:18 PM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
The west is full of wildcard matchups, potential upsets and so forth.

I have no idea what to expect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball