U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-03-2012, 01:22 PM
 
Location: Earth
3,653 posts, read 3,885,514 times
Reputation: 1802

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The problem with that scenario is Battier is IMO of no use to the Bulls given their depth. It's not an easy decision, maybe TMAC just wanted to be in Atlanta etc?

In any event I'm happy with Rip.
Lol I'm using an example, it didn't have to be Battier. The main point I'm illustrating is that 5 million could have netted Tmac and at least someone of Battier's caliber, for the price of Rip alone. Battier certainly fits in with the defensive philosophy of the Bulls though, does he not?

Tmac actually twitted about a month ago that when the lockout ends he was signing with the Bulls. Take that for what it's worth.....I can't imagine any basketball-related reasons why he'd choose Atlanta over Chicago. The Hawks are playoff-bound, but they're not in the Bull league.

As you said, in any event things are the way they are, we'll see how it pans out for the parties involved.

 
Old 01-03-2012, 04:58 PM
 
Location: Earth
3,653 posts, read 3,885,514 times
Reputation: 1802
Ironic that we had that chat earlier regarding Tmac and Rip, Atlanta plays Chicago tonight just looking at the schedule.....
 
Old 01-03-2012, 05:57 PM
 
52,080 posts, read 41,892,714 times
Reputation: 32477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Lol I'm using an example, it didn't have to be Battier. The main point I'm illustrating is that 5 million could have netted Tmac and at least someone of Battier's caliber, for the price of Rip alone. Battier certainly fits in with the defensive philosophy of the Bulls though, does he not?

Tmac actually twitted about a month ago that when the lockout ends he was signing with the Bulls. Take that for what it's worth.....I can't imagine any basketball-related reasons why he'd choose Atlanta over Chicago. The Hawks are playoff-bound, but they're not in the Bull league.

As you said, in any event things are the way they are, we'll see how it pans out for the parties involved.
Well, I'd love to add Tmac too...but the Bulls have enough depth at the bigs that IMO Battier would not be a fit as I'd rather see Gibson, Boozer, Deng etc. getting the minutes at this stage of their careers.

SOMETHING must have happened that Tmac and the Bulls didn't match up. Now I'm curious.
 
Old 01-03-2012, 05:59 PM
 
52,080 posts, read 41,892,714 times
Reputation: 32477
Found it....

Quote:
the Bulls tried out McGrady last year and decided they were scared off by his attitude and lack of physical skills. He proved himself healthy enough to do a solid job in Detroit last season though, and thus, the fear of his physical skills being gone is likely mitigated somewhat.

The attitude fears might have grown even moreso though as he was one of the players involved in the locker room coup d'etat in Detroit. That's a somewhat poor position for a guy with McGrady's red flags to allow himself to be put in even if he wasn't a ringleader.

One of the Bulls greatest strengths is chemistry and bringing in McGrady is certainly a risk there for several reasons.
Bulls interested in Tracy McGrady? | Chicago Bulls Confidential
 
Old 01-03-2012, 06:28 PM
 
Location: Earth
3,653 posts, read 3,885,514 times
Reputation: 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Well, I'd love to add Tmac too...but the Bulls have enough depth at the bigs that IMO Battier would not be a fit as I'd rather see Gibson, Boozer, Deng etc. getting the minutes at this stage of their careers.

SOMETHING must have happened that Tmac and the Bulls didn't match up. Now I'm curious.
Well Battier isn't a big per se....he plays the SF spot so if anything he'd be backing up Deng, not taking minutes from either Gibson or Boozer who play the PF spot. Not a bad defensive combo.....

Are you watching Hawks-Bulls game now?

Edit: reading that link you posted, I wasn't aware of any coup in Detroit last season. What happened?
 
Old 01-03-2012, 06:33 PM
 
Location: Cook County
5,288 posts, read 6,371,163 times
Reputation: 3070
Wow it's early in this game, but t Mac looks bad, no hops, taking bad shots, turning it over.... Granted rip is hurt so perhaps they are both old bums at this point lol
 
Old 01-03-2012, 06:37 PM
 
Location: Earth
3,653 posts, read 3,885,514 times
Reputation: 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Wow it's early in this game, but t Mac looks bad, no hops, taking bad shots, turning it over.... Granted rip is hurt so perhaps they are both old bums at this point lol
Well the Bulls are a heck of a defensive team, honestly I wouldn't expect Tmac to 'break out' against them offensively. Also, on the back-end of a back to back I'm sure there's a fatigue factor.

Or, it could be as simple as he's an old bum
 
Old 01-03-2012, 06:40 PM
 
Location: Cook County
5,288 posts, read 6,371,163 times
Reputation: 3070
Gotta give the hawks credit, they are playing incredible defense. They are up by 10 early
 
Old 01-03-2012, 06:42 PM
 
Location: Cook County
5,288 posts, read 6,371,163 times
Reputation: 3070
Also, can't believe im saying this, but I miss the hell out of cj Watson right now. John Lucas III is not a viable backup for Rose
 
Old 01-03-2012, 07:25 PM
 
Location: Earth
3,653 posts, read 3,885,514 times
Reputation: 1802
Holy crap.... I tuned out from the Bulls-Hawks game for a minute. Did Chicago finish the half with 26 points? Sheesh.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top