U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-12-2012, 06:48 AM
 
Location: Cook County
5,288 posts, read 6,423,573 times
Reputation: 3070

Advertisements

My semi-educated, but totally meaningless power rankings:

1) Bulls
2) Heat
3) OKC
4) Portland
5) Philly
6) LAL
7) Pacers
8) Lob City
9) Atlanta
10) Dallas

That's based only on what has happened this season thusfar. Indy and Philly are both looking very scary to me as a bulls fan, if they continue to develop they will be a tough out.

 
Old 01-12-2012, 01:40 PM
 
3,522 posts, read 3,979,802 times
Reputation: 2170
(Heat vs Bulls) vs (OKC vs Dallas)
Heat vs OKC
Heat.
 
Old 01-12-2012, 08:00 PM
 
Location: Long Island,New York
8,163 posts, read 13,306,005 times
Reputation: 2491
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
Clips-Heat was interesting game tonight--LAC won in OT. Miami was horrible from the charity stripe all night, and was pretty bad from the field at the end of regulation and in OT.
Back to back OT losses,wow!!!
 
Old 01-12-2012, 08:01 PM
 
Location: Long Island,New York
8,163 posts, read 13,306,005 times
Reputation: 2491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Well, everybody beats the Knicks but yeah....to beat the Heat and Bulls is impressive. Inconsistent play is what drives me NUTS about a team.
That's why they call it potential.
 
Old 01-12-2012, 11:12 PM
 
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
478 posts, read 603,145 times
Reputation: 323
Cavs get another W and improve to 5-5. Looking much improved this year, and Kyrie Irving has been playing very well for his rookie year. Scored a career high 26 against the Suns.

Averages after 10 games for Kyrie
PPG-16.6
APG-5.2
RPG-3.4
Blocks per game-.60
Steals per game-.70
Turnover per game-3.2
Field Goals and percentage-63/134 or 47%
3 point%-10/27 or 37%
Free Throws-30/34 or 88%
 
Old 01-12-2012, 11:31 PM
 
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
478 posts, read 603,145 times
Reputation: 323
Wow, Dwight Howard has 45 points and 23 rebounds, as the Magic beat the Warriors 117-109. As a sidenote, Dwight shot 21-39 from the free throw line in the game, which is amazing to get that many free throw attempts. If he would've hit 5 more free throws he would've had 50 lol. Magic playing well. Anybody else feel like there isn't any team that is "great", just a lot of good teams instead? Feels very wide open this year for many different teams to make a legit run at the championship.
 
Old 01-13-2012, 06:17 AM
 
Location: Long Island,New York
8,163 posts, read 13,306,005 times
Reputation: 2491
Quote:
Originally Posted by 719inhere View Post
Wow, Dwight Howard has 45 points and 23 rebounds, as the Magic beat the Warriors 117-109. As a sidenote, Dwight shot 21-39 from the free throw line in the game, which is amazing to get that many free throw attempts. If he would've hit 5 more free throws he would've had 50 lol. Magic playing well. Anybody else feel like there isn't any team that is "great", just a lot of good teams instead? Feels very wide open this year for many different teams to make a legit run at the championship.
They beat my banged up Warriors by 8 and it was close all game. Usually when you have one star on your team, they excel against my team and the others get shut down. This pretty much happened here but not having Curry in the lineup, and no one to defend DH (Kwame) hurt.
 
Old 01-13-2012, 07:23 AM
 
52,903 posts, read 42,568,620 times
Reputation: 33160
Quote:
Originally Posted by 719inhere View Post
Wow, Dwight Howard has 45 points and 23 rebounds, as the Magic beat the Warriors 117-109. As a sidenote, Dwight shot 21-39 from the free throw line in the game, which is amazing to get that many free throw attempts. If he would've hit 5 more free throws he would've had 50 lol. Magic playing well. Anybody else feel like there isn't any team that is "great", just a lot of good teams instead? Feels very wide open this year for many different teams to make a legit run at the championship.
I feel fairly confident that the Bulls and Heat are the only 2 teams with a chance of coming out of the east.

The west is arguably more wide open but not much more.

Once the trade deadline passes and teams have knocked off the rust we should be getting a clearer picture. Remember how shaky the Heat looked at the start of last season and then made the finals.
 
Old 01-13-2012, 01:05 PM
 
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
478 posts, read 603,145 times
Reputation: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I feel fairly confident that the Bulls and Heat are the only 2 teams with a chance of coming out of the east.

The west is arguably more wide open but not much more.

Once the trade deadline passes and teams have knocked off the rust we should be getting a clearer picture. Remember how shaky the Heat looked at the start of last season and then made the finals.
Right now, I'd go with the Bulls over the Heat to win the East. In D. Rose you have the best point guard in the league. Now they have a healthy Boozer and Noah. Rip, Ronnie Brewer, CJ Watson, and even John Lucas(had a 25 point game) for other guards. Backup bigs in Taj Gibson and Asik. Gotta say that's a real good team. Miami has the big three, but than talent really drops off. UD is consistant and always been a solid player, real good rebounder too. Shane Battier, idk what he's really done or meant to the Heat yet. Norris Cole has been impressive, great pick for the Heat. Chalmers is solid, but is he really a starter? James Jones hits 3s. Just looking up and down as far as talent goes Chicago has the better team.

Now the West is very wide open. The Lakers are still a legit contender. Kobe is playing at his usual superstar level, and playing above that if that's possible. Bynum has been playing well. Gasol doesn't seem to be playing at his usual level though. The rest of the team is really aging, but with just those three guys there I feel like they have to be in any championship conversations. OKC has a fantastic young team, but are they really ready to take that next step and get to a championship? Durant is argueably the best scorer in the game. Westbrook is a good young pg, I think he could still step it up more though. Perkins and Ibaka provide very tough defense at the big positions. James Harden is a very good scoring threat off the bench. Collison is still a solid big man. Sefolosha plays good D. I'm interested to see if Reggie Jackson will get a bigger role with them, I think he could be a very good piece for them. Than you have the Clippers, Trailblazers, Nuggets, and Mavs. I would put the Spurs, but losing Ginobli will seperate them from those other teams. I think if you look at all those teams, all are very capable of making it and possibly winning a championship.

So I would agree with you on the East, but the West is much more open for the taking imo.
 
Old 01-13-2012, 01:43 PM
 
52,903 posts, read 42,568,620 times
Reputation: 33160
Quote:
Originally Posted by 719inhere View Post
Right now, I'd go with the Bulls over the Heat to win the East. In D. Rose you have the best point guard in the league. Now they have a healthy Boozer and Noah. Rip, Ronnie Brewer, CJ Watson, and even John Lucas(had a 25 point game) for other guards. Backup bigs in Taj Gibson and Asik. Gotta say that's a real good team. Miami has the big three, but than talent really drops off. UD is consistant and always been a solid player, real good rebounder too. Shane Battier, idk what he's really done or meant to the Heat yet. Norris Cole has been impressive, great pick for the Heat. Chalmers is solid, but is he really a starter? James Jones hits 3s. Just looking up and down as far as talent goes Chicago has the better team.

Now the West is very wide open. The Lakers are still a legit contender. Kobe is playing at his usual superstar level, and playing above that if that's possible. Bynum has been playing well. Gasol doesn't seem to be playing at his usual level though. The rest of the team is really aging, but with just those three guys there I feel like they have to be in any championship conversations. OKC has a fantastic young team, but are they really ready to take that next step and get to a championship? Durant is argueably the best scorer in the game. Westbrook is a good young pg, I think he could still step it up more though. Perkins and Ibaka provide very tough defense at the big positions. James Harden is a very good scoring threat off the bench. Collison is still a solid big man. Sefolosha plays good D. I'm interested to see if Reggie Jackson will get a bigger role with them, I think he could be a very good piece for them. Than you have the Clippers, Trailblazers, Nuggets, and Mavs. I would put the Spurs, but losing Ginobli will seperate them from those other teams. I think if you look at all those teams, all are very capable of making it and possibly winning a championship.

So I would agree with you on the East, but the West is much more open for the taking imo.
Yeah, I'm a Bulls fan so acutely aware of the East. Wildcard there is that both the Heat and Bulls have had not been together for 3-4 years as a cohesive squad and especially in the case of the Bulls I don't know how much better their younger guys will continue to become and scarily that includes Rose.

West is Dallas, OKC or Lakers IMO. THere are some other good teams but good doesn't get you to the finals. If I had to pick one team to make the WCF it would be OKC at this point....Dallas had a lot of personnel changes and the Lakers have Bynum as a wildcard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top