U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2012, 08:13 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,372,551 times

Advertisements

Bulls smoke the Nets tonight even with their injuries. Scalabrine played 25 minutes tonight for petes sake. Bulls are super deep, #1 seed feels like a lock. In this short season other teams will have to go through injury stretches too, but will not have such potent reserves.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:21 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,372,551 times
I had a feeling the bulls would take their first loss at home tonight. Between playing more games than anyone in the league, injuries, and the pacers playing like it was their super bowl, you could tell the bulls were in trouble.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:49 AM

52,095 posts, read 41,911,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I had a feeling the bulls would take their first loss at home tonight. Between playing more games than anyone in the league, injuries, and the pacers playing like it was their super bowl, you could tell the bulls were in trouble.
*shrug* Even THE Bulls lost 10 games one season.

I like what I'm seeing with this team, they are better than last year. I didn't feel they were quite there last year, they *may* be good enough to get to the finals or even win it all but it may still take another year or two for them to gel and mature.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:52 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,886,663 times
I think the Bulls could beat anyone out West. If they get past Miami in the east, I think you'd have to consider them legit favorites. Now, what would THAT do to Lebron's reputation, for Rose to win one before him?!

Old 01-26-2012, 08:21 AM

12,215 posts, read 10,445,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
I think the Bulls could beat anyone out West. If they get past Miami in the east, I think you'd have to consider them legit favorites. Now, what would THAT do to Lebron's reputation, for Rose to win one before him?!
Let's not get crazy here...the Bulls are a very good team, but they're also taking advantage of a weak Eastern schedule. The West is more balanced and their teams have a bigger challenge on any given night.

Old 01-26-2012, 08:42 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,211,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Let's not get crazy here...the Bulls are a very good team, but they're also taking advantage of a weak Eastern schedule. The West is more balanced and their teams have a bigger challenge on any given night.
im a west conf fan but i wouldnt say the west is stronger then the east. i would say the 2 conferences are about as even as just about any time in history. the old west/east isnt what it was 5 yrs ago.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:13 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,886,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Give me a list of Western conference teams who will beat the Bulls in a 7 game series this year. Now, am I saying no teams out west are capable of beating the Bulls? No, but in terms of crazy talk, it's insane to suggest these Bulls aren't eminently capable of knocking off anyone out West. The 'depth' of one conference versus the other is irrelevant in this context, and as Rigas said there's far more parity across the conferences than 5 years ago, when the West had a clear advantage.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:15 AM

478 posts, read 596,475 times
I have to agree the gap has closed some between the West and the East, the Western Conference is still better though. The East is very top heavy still. Will Philly and Indiana still have a record that is up there with the Bulls and Heat? There's also a lot more bad teams in the East in the Wizards, Bobcats, Nets, Raptors, and Pistons. In the West, the only really bad teams are the Hornets and Kings, even the Wolves have played respectivly. Golden State and even Phoenix have more talent than any of the bad East teams. Then you have the Cavs, Celtics, Bucks, and Knicks all positioning for the 7th and 8th seeds. I know this much, the Northwest division is by far the best in the NBA.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:49 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,211,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 719inhere View Post
I know this much, the Northwest division is by far the best in the NBA.
i dont know that i would go that far.
OKC is the best team in the west right now, but IMO denver is not as good as they are made out to be, portland is the best team in the NW . utah is the beneficiary of a semi-weak schedule and while minny is playing ok, they are still not good.

in the end the SW division is still the reigning king of tough divisions.

dallas slumped early and isnt playing top ball but they are still in the top of the league, memphis even with losing zbo, houston just won 7 tough games in a row playing great ball most nights, san antonio isnt playing great on the road but even with manu gone they are a beast. the only bad team in the division is NO and what can you say about them, they lost their best 2 players, and of the 2 decent players they got back, one is playing weak (kaman) and the other cant get on the floor for 2-3 more weeks.

Old 01-26-2012, 12:19 PM

12,215 posts, read 10,445,882 times
The West has ten teams over .500, the East has six. The West as a whole still has more talent, though I agree the gap is closing. Can the Bulls beat any team in the West? Sure, just like there are a half-dozen Western teams who can beat the Bulls in a 7-game series.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball