U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 12-01-2011, 10:53 AM
 
Location: Earth
3,653 posts, read 3,877,543 times
Reputation: 1802

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
where did you see/hear that? i cant find anything other then expectation that he will be done and gone. i dont think teams can actually make any deals until the CBA is officially signed and the vote has yet to be made.
There was a link on one of the basketball forums I visit, but now I'm seeing that they may wind up keeping him( and I don't see the link now). Sorry for any misinformation on my part.

 
Old 12-01-2011, 02:39 PM
 
Location: New York, NY
651 posts, read 1,582,348 times
Reputation: 613
If Chris Paul gets traded to NY like the recent rumors indicate, then you have to count the Knicks into the mix. Chris Paul is a game changer in itself.
 
Old 12-01-2011, 02:50 PM
 
Location: Bel Air, California
21,318 posts, read 21,867,229 times
Reputation: 33476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
I see Brandon Roy has been cut loose by the Blazers. Wonder where he'll wind up.....
word here is that Adelman wants him with the T-pups
 
Old 12-01-2011, 04:01 PM
 
Location: spring tx
7,912 posts, read 8,192,016 times
Reputation: 1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
There was a link on one of the basketball forums I visit, but now I'm seeing that they may wind up keeping him( and I don't see the link now). Sorry for any misinformation on my part.
no worries, i was just confused a bit but thats not the 1st time i have been confused lol

i expect roy gets cut, and ends up in chicago or miami.
 
Old 12-01-2011, 05:30 PM
 
Location: Back in the Southland
1,054 posts, read 1,549,129 times
Reputation: 585
Lets go Sixers!!! excited to see this start
 
Old 12-01-2011, 10:04 PM
 
Location: Here or There
3,958 posts, read 2,510,289 times
Reputation: 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudetypist View Post
If Chris Paul gets traded to NY like the recent rumors indicate, then you have to count the Knicks into the mix. Chris Paul is a game changer in itself.
I think they will be better, but unless he can get them to play better defense, they arent going to represent the East in the Finals...
 
Old 12-02-2011, 04:49 AM
 
Location: spring tx
7,912 posts, read 8,192,016 times
Reputation: 1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
I think they will be better, but unless he can get them to play better defense, they arent going to represent the East in the Finals...
not to mention WHAT would the trade package look like. i mean melo, amare and cp with nobody around them but vet minimum players coached by that hack of a coach in dantoni. i dont know how much cp could really help them. sure they will win some games but get past any good team? not gonna happen. miami has 2 of the 5 best players in the league plus one of the 10 best. NYC would have one of the 5 best, 1 of the 10 best and 1 of the 15-20 best players. people put to much faith in amare who IMO is also a hack (like the coach that taught him down in phx) melo is top 10 but doesnt break the top 5, and cp would be the leader on the team but he is a cheap shot artist so i have no faith in him. they would sell out every game and disappoint in the playoffs.
 
Old 12-02-2011, 06:56 AM
 
51,858 posts, read 41,758,040 times
Reputation: 32364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I love me some future bets. Here are the odds for the 2012 NBA title:

[LEFT]Miami Heat 2/1
Los Angeles Lakers 11/2
Chicago Bulls 13/2
Oklahoma City Thunder 15/2
Dallas Mavericks 17/2
Boston Celtics 14/1
New York Knicks 20/1
Orlando Magic 22/1
Memphis Grizzlies 25/1
San Antonio Spurs 25/1
Portland Trailblazers 30/1
Atlanta Hawks 50/1
Los Angeles Clippers 50/1
Denver Nuggets 60/1
New Jersey Nets 65/1
Houston Rockets 75/1
Indiana Pacers 75/1
Phoenix Suns 75/1
Golden State Warriors 100/1
Milwaukee Bucks 100/1
New Orleans Hornets 100/1
Philadelphia 76ers 100/1
Utah Jazz 100/1
Charlotte Bobcats 150/1
Cleveland Cavaliers 150/1
Detroit Pistons 150/1
Minnesota Timberwolves 150/1
Sacramento Kings 150/1
Toronto Raptors 150/1
Washington Wizards 150/1

[/LEFT]

I'd say the Mavs are the best value at this point.
HOLY MORONS BATMAN! Lakers with better odds than anyone but Miami?
I'd slap some money down on the Mavs in a heartbeat at those odds.
 
Old 12-02-2011, 06:59 AM
 
51,858 posts, read 41,758,040 times
Reputation: 32364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudetypist View Post
If Chris Paul gets traded to NY like the recent rumors indicate, then you have to count the Knicks into the mix. Chris Paul is a game changer in itself.
There is only 1 ball.

Now if their coach can perform the miracle of finally getting amare and Melo to play D then yes.

It's pheonix east guys, pure and simple. They won't even make the ECF if they have to go through either Miami or Chicago.
 
Old 12-02-2011, 07:08 AM
 
51,858 posts, read 41,758,040 times
Reputation: 32364
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
not to mention WHAT would the trade package look like. i mean melo, amare and cp with nobody around them but vet minimum players coached by that hack of a coach in dantoni. i dont know how much cp could really help them. sure they will win some games but get past any good team? not gonna happen. miami has 2 of the 5 best players in the league plus one of the 10 best. NYC would have one of the 5 best, 1 of the 10 best and 1 of the 15-20 best players. people put to much faith in amare who IMO is also a hack (like the coach that taught him down in phx) melo is top 10 but doesnt break the top 5, and cp would be the leader on the team but he is a cheap shot artist so i have no faith in him. they would sell out every game and disappoint in the playoffs.
Hollinger's NBA Player Stats - ESPN Insider - National Basketball Association - ESPN

I'd put CP top 10....but not the other two. Especially when you factor in the defense and impact on team attitude toward D and just in general.

The Knicks...at best....would be where the Mavs were for years before they revamped their team and started playing defense. But for that attitude change....Miami would have won rings last year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top