U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2012, 11:42 AM

478 posts, read 596,257 times

Advertisements

Through this much of the season (right now) I think Lebron has been the mvp of the league. So far for rookie of the year I'm saying Kyrie Irving, he's really been playing well this year. Had the concussion, but came back and had a very nice game. He's shooting well, and he's averaging a little more than 5 assists a game, and is good for 3-4 rebounds a game. He does have around 3 turnovers per game, but he'll get better in that part of his game, or his assists will go up eventually.

Most suprising player is Jeremy Lin. If he keeps that up he warrants come back player of the year, he's never gotten too much playing time. I think he's going to be a good player for the long haul.

Best team has been Miami, even through the Wade injury. They've been consistent, and have the best record to show for it. Oklahoma City is right there though, same thing with Kevin Durant with the mvp award.

Most suprising team to me has been the 76ers, at 20-10. Deep team too, with a good bench. And Andre Igoudala is one of the best defensive players at his position. He get's triple dubles too.

League has been pretty exciting this year, hope it continues to be like this. Only thing that has been bad is the lack of conditioning time the players had. They did play in those games, well some of the players, but not all of them did. So Injuries have kinda been a problem.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:57 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,209,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
The Spurs are quietly sneaking up on teams. They're much deeper this year along with the emergence of Green and Splitter. I'm impressed.
shhhhhhhhhh!

dont tell anyone! your gonna jinx it!

dont forget manu missed nearly 40 days of the season, and tim is looking 3-4 years younger all of a sudden. must be the "punisher" knee brace he is wearing.
that and all the rest he has had after an early exit last year. green has come into his own, and the spurs RAPED the pacers in the hill for leonard trade.
splitter is only going to get better now that he knows the system, and is getting minutes/staying healthy. neal so far isnt living up to last year but he is only about 80% from his appendectomy. anderson is the only full blown disappointment so far. also dont forget tj ford was actually playing well in his role and will be back in a month.

duncans pregame knee brace.

or maybe its his skeleton shoes?

Last edited by rigas; 02-16-2012 at 12:07 PM..

Old 02-16-2012, 12:04 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,385,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I think you are still putting too much weight on single games.

AND

Not taking into account teams strength of schedule.

Pacers - Have played 18 road games and are only 2.5 games behind the 76ers whom have played 12 road games

Boston - 9 road games, they are going to fall apart when their schedule toughens up.

Hawks - more road than home, the opposite of Orlando whom will cool off when they have to go on the road.

I don't put the Knicks up with the Pacers at all. The Knicks have been beating mostly bad teams with their only 2 quality wins being against westcoast teams that had to travel to NY and even then UT and LA aren't *scary*.

I think you need to look more deeply at the trends and patters and less at one-off wins or losses.

The Knicks are about to pass the Celtics and probably will catch the Hawks since they lose every night. So the Knicks may reach the 5th seed

Old 02-16-2012, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I think you are still putting too much weight on single games.

AND

Not taking into account teams strength of schedule.

Pacers - Have played 18 road games and are only 2.5 games behind the 76ers whom have played 12 road games

Boston - 9 road games, they are going to fall apart when their schedule toughens up.

Hawks - more road than home, the opposite of Orlando whom will cool off when they have to go on the road.

I don't put the Knicks up with the Pacers at all. The Knicks have been beating mostly bad teams with their only 2 quality wins being against westcoast teams that had to travel to NY and even then UT and LA aren't *scary*.

I think you need to look more deeply at the trends and patters and less at one-off wins or losses.

i agree, people dont look closely enough at SOS. they tend to focus on they last couple of games. i expect the knicks to continue to suck, philly to fall some, and the celtics to crash like a plane with no wings. pacers are missing hill and danny granger isnt 100%.

the hawks are holding on with no horford but i dont see them being more then a middle of the road team.

the east is still not as good/tough as the west as a whole, and while the bulls/heat are easily two of the top 3 teams, the rest kinda suck.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:27 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
i agree, people dont look closely enough at SOS. they tend to focus on they last couple of games. i expect the knicks to continue to suck, philly to fall some, and the celtics to crash like a plane with no wings. pacers are missing hill and danny granger isnt 100%.

the hawks are holding on with no horford but i dont see them being more then a middle of the road team.

the east is still not as good/tough as the west as a whole, and while the bulls/heat are easily two of the top 3 teams, the rest kinda suck.
The Knicks will be AHEAD of the Celtics this time next week

Old 02-16-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The Knicks will be AHEAD of the Celtics this time next week
and your point?

the knicks have had the 26th easiest schedule over the last 10 games in the entire league. that means only 4 teams have had it easier. their next 10 gets a little harder, and i bet they go 4-6 at best in that 10 games. with losses coming to dallas, atlanta, miami, dallas, san antonio, and the bucks. the "big game" will be against boston which IMO could go either way. on top of that, the knicks have the easiest SOS of any team in the league over the long haul. they are at the bottom of the list with an average opponent record of .435. in other words taking all opponents win% and averaging it, they play the majority of teams below .500

bostons next 10 may even be a bit harder, and if KG doesnt get right, its gonna get a whole lot harder. i think they go either 4-6 or 3-7. if the knicks beat them then they flip spots, if they dont well the knicks fall another game behind the celtics.

either way, the celtics suck this year, the knicks still suck and neither is getting out of the 1st round barring a major injury to the other teams best player/players.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:08 PM
FBJ

Quote:
and your point?

the knicks have had the 26th easiest schedule over the last 10 games in the entire league. that means only 4 teams have had it easier. their next 10 gets a little harder, and i bet they go 4-6 at best in that 10 games. with losses coming to dallas, atlanta, miami, dallas, san antonio, and the bucks. the "big game" will be against boston which IMO could go either way. on top of that, the knicks have the easiest SOS of any team in the league over the long haul. they are at the bottom of the list with an average opponent record of .435. in other words taking all opponents win% and averaging it, they play the majority of teams below .500

bostons next 10 may even be a bit harder, and if KG doesnt get right, its gonna get a whole lot harder. i think they go either 4-6 or 3-7. if the knicks beat them then they flip spots, if they dont well the knicks fall another game behind the celtics.

either way, the celtics suck this year, the knicks still suck and neither is getting out of the 1st round barring a major injury to the other teams best player/players.
The Knicks beat the Lakers and Wolves during their streak.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:13 PM

Quote:
The Knicks beat the Lakers and Wolves during their streak.
once again..... AND YOUR POINT? the lakers are a shell of their former selves. they are only in 5th in the west by the grace of the kobe. i expect the lakers to continue to fall baring major trade and will be an easy out in the 1st round.

and the wolves? the 14-16 wolves? hell they beat the 14-14 jazz too.

boston beat the bulls before losing to the pistons who made a run at the spurs the other night.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:46 PM
FBJ

Quote:
once again..... AND YOUR POINT? the lakers are a shell of their former selves. they are only in 5th in the west by the grace of the kobe. i expect the lakers to continue to fall baring major trade and will be an easy out in the 1st round.

and the wolves? the 14-16 wolves? hell they beat the 14-14 jazz too.

boston beat the bulls before losing to the pistons who made a run at the spurs the other night.
Boston beat the Bulls without ROSE

Old 02-16-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Boston beat the Bulls without ROSE
never mind, its like conversing with a sheep, all you get is bahhhhh back
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball