U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2012, 02:14 PM

51,912 posts, read 41,783,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 719inhere View Post
Through this much of the season (right now) I think Lebron has been the mvp of the league. So far for rookie of the year I'm saying Kyrie Irving, he's really been playing well this year. Had the concussion, but came back and had a very nice game. He's shooting well, and he's averaging a little more than 5 assists a game, and is good for 3-4 rebounds a game. He does have around 3 turnovers per game, but he'll get better in that part of his game, or his assists will go up eventually.

Most suprising player is Jeremy Lin. If he keeps that up he warrants come back player of the year, he's never gotten too much playing time. I think he's going to be a good player for the long haul.

Best team has been Miami, even through the Wade injury. They've been consistent, and have the best record to show for it. Oklahoma City is right there though, same thing with Kevin Durant with the mvp award.

Most suprising team to me has been the 76ers, at 20-10. Deep team too, with a good bench. And Andre Igoudala is one of the best defensive players at his position. He get's triple dubles too.

League has been pretty exciting this year, hope it continues to be like this. Only thing that has been bad is the lack of conditioning time the players had. They did play in those games, well some of the players, but not all of them did. So Injuries have kinda been a problem.
*Ahem* Bulls have the best record in the league tyvm. And that's with Rose missing a bunch of games and Deng and Rip missing a number of games too. Continue to overlook the Bulls at your own peril. They gave the Heat a fight last year and are definitely tougher than last year.

MVP will likely be Durant.

I'm not saying LEbron isn't a beast, but the MVP award is a vote we discussed the key items in another thread.

Old 02-16-2012, 02:19 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,293,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
*Ahem* Bulls have the best record in the league tyvm. And that's with Rose missing a bunch of games and Deng and Rip missing a number of games too. Continue to overlook the Bulls at your own peril. They gave the Heat a fight last year and are definitely tougher than last year.

MVP will likely be Durant.

I'm not saying LEbron isn't a beast, but the MVP award is a vote we discussed the key items in another thread.

And coach of the year will be Doug Collins

Old 02-16-2012, 02:26 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,195,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
And coach of the year will be Doug Collins
my money is on tom t up in chicago

Old 02-16-2012, 02:45 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
my money is on tom t up in chicago
Why would it be him when he won last year and has the best record this year because of Rose?

The Sixers came out of nowhere and have already beat the Bulls and will be a 3 seed in April so he should defintely get COTY

Old 02-16-2012, 03:19 PM

rose, rip, and deng have all been out/injured, and yet he has his team at the top of the records list with one of the toughest schedules to date.

collins MIGHT win it but my money is on tibs regardless of who won last year

Old 02-16-2012, 03:22 PM
FBJ

Quote:
rose, rip, and deng have all been out/injured, and yet he has his team at the top of the records list with one of the toughest schedules to date.

collins MIGHT win it but my money is on tibs regardless of who won last year
Don't include RIP in that, only ROSE and DENG

Old 02-16-2012, 04:01 PM

Lmao so now we can't include role players? Bottom line the bulls have had injuries, and poor play from guys like Noah and boozer to go with one of the toughest schedules in the league while still being one of the top rated defenses to boot. That's COY material. Collins took a talented team and a weak schedule and do far have done ok with it. Last year you said that Collins was COY and philly would beat the heat or someone in the playoffs. Howed that work out

Old 02-16-2012, 04:09 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Lmao so now we can't include role players? Bottom line the bulls have had injuries, and poor play from guys like Noah and boozer to go with one of the toughest schedules in the league while still being one of the top rated defenses to boot. That's COY material. Collins took a talented team and a weak schedule and do far have done ok with it. Last year you said that Collins was COY and philly would beat the heat or someone in the playoffs. Howed that work out
I said that the series would be competitive and it was. Didn't the sixers win one game?

Also the Sixers started the season on a 5 game westcoast road trip and came out of it 3-2.

Since when is a westcoast road trip a easy schedule?

Old 02-16-2012, 05:19 PM

Since when is winning 1 game in a 7 game series being competitive?

And let's not sugar coat tha 3-2 road trip. They beat the warriors, the hornets, and the suns while losing to Portland and the lowly jazz.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:27 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Since when is winning 1 game in a 7 game series being competitive?

And let's not sugar coat tha 3-2 road trip. They beat the warriors, the hornets, and the suns while losing to Portland and the lowly jazz.
Sixers lost game 1 by 8pts
Sixers lost game 3 by 6 pts
Sixers won game 4
Sixers lost game 5 by 6pts

Like I said....."competitive"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.