U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 08:31 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,364,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
HOLY MORONS BATMAN! Lakers with better odds than anyone but Miami?
I'd slap some money down on the Mavs in a heartbeat at those odds.
The Knicks @ 20-1 is pretty bad too. Lots of bad money driving these lines no doubt

Old 12-02-2011, 09:05 AM

51,950 posts, read 41,815,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
The Knicks @ 20-1 is pretty bad too. Lots of bad money driving these lines no doubt
Oh yeah. My guess is that you have delusional Lakers and Knicks fans thinking that their team will be able to trade bench warmers for Dwight Howard and also sign CP.

I'm actually only 1/2 joking, some gamblers buy into conspiracy theories too and might be betting that Stern is going to force some of these guys to a "big market" when in reality the new agreement is very much anti-big market.

To me, the big big wildcard is Dwight Howard. He is the single most irreplaceable player in the NBA and with his interior presence he can be added to any team in the league and vastly improve them without having to be the focal point.

Old 12-02-2011, 02:19 PM

758 posts, read 1,036,099 times
Go Magic! I can not wait for the Thunder-Magic game! Since I live in Oklahoma City, this could not be more perfect to go watch the Magic in person on Christmas!

Old 12-07-2011, 08:39 AM

417 posts, read 310,659 times
How about the Bulls? In my opinion there is a one man show going on with Derick Rose, he does not have great backup. I like Noah but don't think he has really developed his talents all the way yet.

Old 12-07-2011, 08:43 AM

740 posts, read 1,842,401 times
Does anyone know where to find out which play-by-play/analyst/reporters team is scheduled for which game? Thank you.

Old 12-07-2011, 10:41 AM

51,950 posts, read 41,815,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKrunner88 View Post
How about the Bulls? In my opinion there is a one man show going on with Derick Rose, he does not have great backup. I like Noah but don't think he has really developed his talents all the way yet.
I'm a long time bulls fan.

The Bulls are primarily a deep deep defensive oriented team where Rose is a big part of the offense. It is important to note that Rose is still only 23 and improving.

Frankly, Deng is their 2nd best player and he is only 26.

Chicago Bulls 2011 Statistics - Team and Player Stats - ESPN

Here is what I think about this season.

1) The bulls all-around offensive chemistry needs to develop further and it should because these guys are still getting used to each other and balancing the offense after A LOT of changes.

2) Boozer and NOah will likely have more pts. via more touches. If Boozer is fully recovered from his injuries I could see his scoring go up solidly.

3) Rose needs better shot selection but I think that will correct itself as the offense develops more synergy. Look for fewer shots, a higher % made and about the same ppg.

P.S. This all goes out the window if they can trade for Dwight Howard. Suddenly the best player on the Bulls would no longer be D. Rose. They would likely have to give up Noah and several others for him though.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKrunner88 View Post
I disagree bigtime. The bulls have a very deep team. Taj Gibson would be a starter on 75% of the teams in the league, Big Sexy and Asik are two legit centers on the bench as well (though I think Thomas is gone). The bulls had the best regular season record last year, a one man show could not do that. They ran into Miami in the playoffs who matched up favorably with the Bulls and beat them in some close games.

Do they need another exlpolisve offensive player? Of course, but they are VERY far from a "one man show"

Old 12-08-2011, 02:37 PM

788 posts, read 1,379,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
when in reality the new agreement is very much anti-big market.
Nothing could be further from the truth, The new CBA basically turns the NBA into the MLB where the majority of the smaller markets just pocket the money.

Old 12-09-2011, 07:42 AM

God, with this CP3 almost trade to the lakers, and Howard maybe going to play with D Will in Brooklyn, the NBA is going to be even more top heavy than it had been, which I didn't think was possible. Going to have 4-5 elite teams, 4-5 good teams, stuck in NBA purgatory, then a huge drop off.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:23 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,198,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
God, with this CP3 almost trade to the lakers, and Howard maybe going to play with D Will in Brooklyn, the NBA is going to be even more top heavy than it had been, which I didn't think was possible. Going to have 4-5 elite teams, 4-5 good teams, stuck in NBA purgatory, then a huge drop off.
this is exactly why the nba needs a hard cap. if those "elite players" want to play with each other then they would have to take significant pay cuts. small market teams where fighting for just that, ask peter holt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball