Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2012, 09:01 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,081,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotchildintheCity View Post
The Spurs havent won crap since 2007, while the Lakers have won Titles 2 of the last 3. Spurs fans, gotta give them credit tho, for looking through rose colored glasses since. Keep the optimism
I like how you tried to divert the conversation away from the topic at hand.
Tell me again how Kobe is gonna lead the lakers to the ring again this year. Or how Bynum is the next coming of wilt lol. Tell me again how artest is still a good defender, or how fisher isn't the worst starting pg in the league. Tell me again how happy pau is as a Kobe team mate after Kobe and his meddling wife got paus girl to leave him. Tell me again how brown is close to Phil, or how his play book has more then one "pass the ball to lebron I mean Kobe and let him go" in it. Tell me again how great Luke Walton is. Tell me again how Steve Blake is not the slowest white kid on the block.

I could go on for an hour but I like how obviously worried about the spurs you are. We can talk about how good Duncan looks in 28 mpg, or how tony is making an MVP season, or how the spurs stole Leonard who is already one of the top defenders in the nba at only 20yrs old. Or how the spurs have the second best record inthe west with arguably their best player out injured for more then 3/4 of the season and their only true back up pg out just as long. Or how pop is once again in the top 3-5 for coach of the year. Or how the spurs have great cap space after this season because they have stars that are not self obsorbed and looking to just get paid.

Once again I can go on for hours but I think I got my point across .

Old 03-10-2012, 11:13 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,989,104 times
ESPN made a big deal about the Spurs losing to the clippers at home for the first time in 18 tries and never mentioned it was because Tony Parker didn't play. I had to watch the highlights on NBATV to find out that Parker didn't play.

Also the CAVS have really been playing well lately

Old 03-10-2012, 11:14 AM
FBJ

The Knicks better be careful because I noticed that the Nets and Bucks are not that far behind them for the 8th and final playoff spot.

Old 03-10-2012, 11:35 AM

Yeah no Parker, no ford, and only green played more then 32 minutes. Pop didn't really care. He is checking rotations, resting players and tuning things.

On a side note, Duncan needs 3 points to pass drexler on the scoring list.

Old 03-10-2012, 11:50 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The Knicks better be careful because I noticed that the Nets and Bucks are not that far behind them for the 8th and final playoff spot.
I've eyeing that too. Good observation.
They played well in the loss to Milwaukee but without Chandler they got ABUSED in the paint with only Marshmallow Stoudamire there.

I will never, ever understand how that guy has made so many all-nba teams.

Old 03-10-2012, 12:01 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
They played well in the loss to Milwaukee but without Chandler they got ABUSED in the paint with only Marshmallow Stoudamire there.

I didn't even see the highlights of the Knicks Game on SportsCenter since Linsanity has died down and there is nothing to hype up because Lin is not scoring over 20 and the team is losing. I waited and waited and ended up falling asleep because that's how long ESPN took to show highlights of the Knicks game.

Old 03-10-2012, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

Steve Nash! That's how amare made those teams!
Steve Nash was the human steroid to stats for limited players.
Amare was what Blake griffin is now except Blake rebounds. Take the boards away and Blake is amare, dunk, dunk, dunk, jump real high anddddddd dunk!

Old 03-10-2012, 04:35 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,527,526 times
I think MDA will get fired soon. There doesn't seem to be chemistry now. The ISO stuff with Melo is just too predictable. Melo needs to move w/o the ball better. Anyway, did you see Lin yelling after the bucket by Ilsova? Not sure if he was yelling at Amare or Melo for not getting the rebound, but he was upset.

Follow the Miss Jeremy Lin angry - YouTube

Old 03-10-2012, 04:42 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
I think MDA will get fired soon. There doesn't seem to be chemistry now. The ISO stuff with Melo is just too predictable. Melo needs to move w/o the ball better. Anyway, did you see Lin yelling after the bucket by Ilsova? Not sure if he was yelling at Amare or Melo for not getting the rebound, but he was upset.

Follow the Miss Jeremy Lin angry - YouTube
I don't think he is in no position to be yelling at anyone at this point in his career. And I hope that a player who has only been in the NBA since February wasn't yelling at two players who been in the league close to 10 years. What has Lin accomplished to be yelling at anyone? I don't even think he should be yelling at Steve Novak because he hasn't been in the league long enough to do something like that.

Old 03-10-2012, 08:06 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I don't think he is in no position to be yelling at anyone at this point in his career. And I hope that a player who has only been in the NBA since February wasn't yelling at two players who been in the league close to 10 years. What has Lin accomplished to be yelling at anyone? I don't even think he should be yelling at Steve Novak because he hasn't been in the league long enough to do something like that.
Yeah, we should kiss amare and carmelo's arse for playing weak-sauce basketball and hanging around the league withou reaching their potential.

Ooooooh let's give the the Derrick Coleman award for potential.

Seriously, sigh...nevermind....dear god I would hope you would learn something about how the NBA works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball