U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2012, 08:12 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,285,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, we should kiss amare and carmelo's arse for playing weak-sauce basketball and hanging around the league withou reaching their potential.

Ooooooh let's give the the Derrick Coleman award for potential.

Seriously, sigh...nevermind....dear god I would hope you would learn something about how the NBA works.
Lin has to show respect to the veterans of this team regardless of how they are playing this season because they both have been around for a while. What exactly is yelling at a teammate going to do but result in a argument? There has to be better communication than that from another player during a game.

Old 03-10-2012, 08:21 PM

51,892 posts, read 41,774,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Lin has to show respect to the veterans of this team regardless of how they are playing this season because they both have been around for a while. What exactly is yelling at a teammate going to do but result in a argument? There has to be better communication than that from another player during a game.
What does it matter when you are claiming he won't even be in the NBA in a few more months. Seriously, if you don't start talking serious basketball you are going on ignore like some 17yo laker-girl troll.

Old 03-10-2012, 08:30 PM
FBJ

Quote:
What does it matter when you are claiming he won't even be in the NBA in a few more months. Seriously, if you don't start talking serious basketball you are going on ignore like some 17yo laker-girl troll.
We don't know if he is going to be in the NBA 2 years from now because it's too early and just have to see how it plays out. And why am I being attacked and being called a troll for expressing my opinion about what I watched on a youtube video? What is your definition of a troll?

Old 03-10-2012, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
We don't know if he is going to be in the NBA 2 years from now because it's too early and just have to see how it plays out. And why am I being attacked and being called a troll for expressing my opinion about what I watched on a youtube video? What is your definition of a troll?
A troll is someone that blames LIn for a loss when Carmelo scores 6pts....and then excuses Carmelo's awful night as being ok because he has been in the league longer.....even though a sane person would blame Carmelo for the loss.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:04 PM
FBJ

Quote:
A troll is someone that blames LIn for a loss when Carmelo scores 6pts....and then excuses Carmelo's awful night as being ok because he has been in the league longer.....even though a sane person would blame Carmelo for the loss.
I'm not blaming Melo or Lin at this point because the teams they have been playing are just better teams. Now if they lose to the Sixers at home then the coach may find himself back on the hot seat because of 4 straight losses on the road. The coach is definitely the blame for the loss against the Celtics when they let pierce shoot a three pointer instead of fouling him and making him shoot free throws.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:15 PM
JL

7,351 posts, read 11,879,106 times
After looking at the video again, i think he was just upset about the blown opportunity...not lashing out at Melo or Amare...the media didn't mention or say anything about it, so i guess it was really nothing.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:21 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
After looking at the video again, i think he was just upset about the blown opportunity...not lashing out at Melo or Amare...the media didn't mention or say anything about it, so i guess it was really nothing.
I;m sure there would have been a confrontation if Lin was yelling at one of them so sounds like you are right that it was nothing since it wasn't mentioned in the NYC papers

Old 03-11-2012, 03:30 PM

All the Knicks looked pretty crappy vs. the 76ers.

Old 03-11-2012, 03:42 PM
FBJ

Quote:
All the Knicks looked pretty crappy vs. the 76ers.
They sure did which was suprising because they usually play their best basketball at home. And the fact that they were returning home from a 4 game losing streak, I didn't think the sixers had a chance and would lose by double digits. So the Knicks are done and will get blown out in chicago tomorrow night

Old 03-11-2012, 05:01 PM

207 posts, read 308,347 times
Another great win for the Lakers beating the Celtics 97-94, thanks to a key pass from Kobe to Bynum in the paint. With good position Bynum is nearly unstopple in the paint, as his high percentage shooting in some games indicate. And he is going to get better.

Have not been too impressed with the eastern conference, as the Lakers dont seem to have too much of a hard time beating teams like the Heat and Celtics recently. But then again the Western Conference has a huge edge in NBA titles since 1999, over the eastern conference 10-3. I'm beginning to believe that the Lakers have a legitimate shot at number 17 title this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball