U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-11-2012, 05:11 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,385,255 times
Reputation: 9451

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotchildintheCity View Post
Another great win for the Lakers beating the Celtics 97-94, thanks to a key pass from Kobe to Bynum in the paint. With good position Bynum is nearly unstopple in the paint, as his high percentage shooting in some games indicate. And he is going to get better.

Have not been too impressed with the eastern conference, as the Lakers dont seem to have too much of a hard time beating teams like the Heat and Celtics recently. But then again the Western Conference has a huge edge in NBA titles since 1999, over the eastern conference 10-3. I'm beginning to believe that the Lakers have a legitimate shot at number 17 title this year.
Please don't be a prisoner of the moment and realize it's only one game and they lakers still are not a good team on the road especially against winning teams. The Celtics actually had a chance to win this game but poor coaching allowed the lakers to get back in it and win the game.

 
Old 03-11-2012, 05:14 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,385,255 times
Reputation: 9451
I just don't understand Doc Rivers and amazed at how dumb of a coach he can be. The Celtics are down 3 and need a three pointer to tie the game and during the timeout he designs a play for ........"Ray Allen?" A guy who is the best three pointer on the team that the lakers will be pay attention to as soon as they inbound the ball? As soon as Allen tried to shoot two laker defenders were right there waiting for him. Why would Rivers not design a play for a guy the lakers wouldn't be expecting to shoot like........."RONDO?"
 
Old 03-11-2012, 05:19 PM
 
207 posts, read 308,725 times
Reputation: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Please don't be a prisoner of the moment and realize it's only one game and they lakers still are not a good team on the road especially against winning teams. The Celtics actually had a chance to win this game but poor coaching allowed the lakers to get back in it and win the game.
I know its only one game, but hell these wins over eastern conference playoff contenders are beginning to add up.
 
Old 03-11-2012, 05:42 PM
 
Location: spring tx
7,912 posts, read 8,209,453 times
Reputation: 1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotchildintheCity View Post
I know its only one game, but hell these wins over eastern conference playoff contenders are beginning to add up.
Since when are the celtics contenders? Last I checked they where pretty bad at only 2 games over .500.
 
Old 03-11-2012, 06:09 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,385,255 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Since when are the celtics contenders? Last I checked they where pretty bad at only 2 games over .500.
And was blown out by 30 on wednesday night by the sixers so the lakers beating them today was no big deal. I expect the celtics to lose again tomorrow when they play the clippers which will put them only one game over .500
 
Old 03-11-2012, 06:18 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
3,441 posts, read 5,009,120 times
Reputation: 2222
Whatever you say.

Still a quality win by the Lakers.
 
Old 03-11-2012, 08:05 PM
 
207 posts, read 308,725 times
Reputation: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Since when are the celtics contenders? Last I checked they where pretty bad at only 2 games over .500.
Good point, the whole eastern conference top 8, with the exception of Chicago and Miami seems very mediocre. Its no wonder both those teams have only single loss digits thus far. At any rate I expect the Celtics to make the playoffs and right now they have a 4.5 lead over the number 9 and 10 seeds. Although an aging team, still talented.
 
Old 03-11-2012, 08:29 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,385,255 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotchildintheCity View Post
Good point, the whole eastern conference top 8, with the exception of Chicago and Miami seems very mediocre. Its no wonder both those teams have only single loss digits thus far. At any rate I expect the Celtics to make the playoffs and right now they have a 4.5 lead over the number 9 and 10 seeds. Although an aging team, still talented.
Every time I think the Pacers are ready to take that next step they lose. As of right now I would have to say that the top 4 teams in the east are

Bulls
Heat
Magic
Sixers
 
Old 03-11-2012, 08:48 PM
 
52,080 posts, read 41,892,714 times
Reputation: 32477
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotchildintheCity View Post
Another great win for the Lakers beating the Celtics 97-94, thanks to a key pass from Kobe to Bynum in the paint. With good position Bynum is nearly unstopple in the paint, as his high percentage shooting in some games indicate. And he is going to get better.

Have not been too impressed with the eastern conference, as the Lakers dont seem to have too much of a hard time beating teams like the Heat and Celtics recently. But then again the Western Conference has a huge edge in NBA titles since 1999, over the eastern conference 10-3. I'm beginning to believe that the Lakers have a legitimate shot at number 17 title this year.
The Lakers have a losing record against the east as of right now.

Are you sure you are watching the current season or is someone turning your TV to ESPN classic and you haven't figured it out yet?
 
Old 03-11-2012, 08:50 PM
 
52,080 posts, read 41,892,714 times
Reputation: 32477
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotchildintheCity View Post
Good point, the whole eastern conference top 8, with the exception of Chicago and Miami seems very mediocre. Its no wonder both those teams have only single loss digits thus far. At any rate I expect the Celtics to make the playoffs and right now they have a 4.5 lead over the number 9 and 10 seeds. Although an aging team, still talented.
Bulls are 11-2 against the West right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top