U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2012, 07:42 PM

4,399 posts, read 9,058,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Oh, I know parker destroyed them....he is an elite PG playing great.
Just pointing out the hypocrisy of zooming in on his bad spots and ignoring all other information and being hyper-critical of a guy that isn't a *good* player.

Now if Lin is making $6mil a year as a starting PG 3-4 years into the league and still playing at this level then by all means skewer the guy. It's just funny watching Melo, Amare, Arenas and other bigtime players with max contracts around the league playing like crap and getting a pass while people take turns beating on Lin for his game.

Damn, just go look at Fisher, Peas and Walton and watch in horror.
Who cares if Lin is making $7 an hour or $30mil. If he's not contributing on the court and if he doesn't get extra points for not making much then it doesn't matter. Knicks need to win games not save money. He's the starting point guard for the team in the biggest basketball market in the world that's where the expectations come from. If he can't handle it he should step aside for someone who can do the job.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:53 PM

51,928 posts, read 41,798,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
Who cares if Lin is making $7 an hour or $30mil. If he's not contributing on the court and if he doesn't get extra points for not making much then it doesn't matter. Knicks need to win games not save money. He's the starting point guard for the team in the biggest basketball market in the world that's where the expectations come from. If he can't handle it he should step aside for someone who can do the job.
I appreciate the viewpoint of a MLB fan but in the NBA they have a salary cap.
Seriously dude, WTH are you thinking?

Ugh, wtf are all these noobs doing here? Seriously, you guys realize there is a salary cap in the NBA right? 6 fouls? You don't get to jump off the top rope or hit them with a folding chair?

Old 03-12-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I just knew you would be watching the Knicks/Bulls on ESPN tonight.
Havent had a chance to watch-em yet....they aren't on TV where I live and I have 5+ kids in the house to watch. Oh well, I can keep 1/2 and eye on them on-line not that I really am very excited one way or the other. <shrug>

So far I see Korver sucking it up and wish Deng were in....regardless, the win or loss is vaguely meaningless.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:00 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times
Quote:
Havent had a chance to watch-em yet....they aren't on TV where I live and I have 5+ kids in the house to watch. Oh well, I can keep 1/2 and eye on them on-line not that I really am very excited one way or the other. <shrug>
I just don't understand the NBA anymore, the Knicks are down 73-72 in the 3rd qtr in Chicago on national TV after looking like trash the last 6 games. Are the Knicks playing hard because they know the coach is about to be fired? I;m sorry but if the Bulls lose this game they are officially fraudulent. No excuse for losing to this knicks team when you have the best record in the NBA.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
I just don't understand the NBA anymore, the Knicks are down 73-72 in the 3rd qtr in Chicago on national TV after looking like trash the last 6 games. Are the Knicks playing hard because they know the coach is about to be fired? I;m sorry but if the Bulls lose this game they are officially fraudulent. No excuse for losing to this knicks team when you have the best record in the NBA.
Ok, let me try to help you and this is general advice for ANY game.

1) See if a team is sitting players for injury or resting them etc.
2) Back to back game.
3) One team is getting fortunate either at the 3pt line (Rex Chapman effect) or is getting a lot of calls (FT line).

ANY given night the worst team can beat the best team in regular season. Especially if a team is coasting or resting players.

Understood?

Old 03-12-2012, 08:11 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Ok, let me try to help you and this is general advice for ANY game.

1) See if a team is sitting players for injury or resting them etc.
2) Back to back game.
3) One team is getting fortunate either at the 3pt line (Rex Chapman effect) or is getting a lot of calls (FT line).

ANY given night the worst team can beat the best team in regular season. Especially if a team is coasting or resting players.

Understood?
If the Bulls need Deng to beat this Knicks team then there will be a huge problem come playoff time. Unless the Bulls are resting players for that big matchup on ESPN against the Miami heat on Wednesday night.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:
If the Bulls need Deng to beat this Knicks team then there will be a huge problem come playoff time. Unless the Bulls are resting players for that big matchup on ESPN against the Miami heat on Wednesday night.
They are trying out Jimmy Butler too fyi. Basically, they are using the Knicks for rest and training purposes. IF they happen to lose then oh well.

Seriously, 1 game never matters unless it's in the playoffs and sometimes you need to rest guys, test line-ups and try out your 12th men. Knicks are a very good way to test out some bench players as they are a playoff level team with some stars.

Honestly. Stop and think. Look at the teams, who is playing minutes and so forth....sometimes it's a bit of a puzzle and sometimes yes....even Rex Chapman will PWN Michael Jordan. Really, wayyyyy too much emphasis on one game with you. This is not the NFL.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:43 PM

4,399 posts, read 9,058,083 times
Quote:
I appreciate the viewpoint of a MLB fan but in the NBA they have a salary cap.
Seriously dude, WTH are you thinking?

Ugh, wtf are all these noobs doing here? Seriously, you guys realize there is a salary cap in the NBA right? 6 fouls? You don't get to jump off the top rope or hit them with a folding chair?
Lin makes $800k, anybody could have had Lin regardless of their salary cap situation. His salary cap number is irrelevant. Hell the Knicks were over the cap when they signed him. Perhaps you need to read up before pretending you know what your talking about.
Hey but while the knicks are losing at least they can take comfort in the fact that they got a good deal for 20 games on their point guard. Do they get a trophy for that?

Old 03-12-2012, 08:49 PM
JL

7,351 posts, read 11,883,509 times
Lin held his own tonite against the Bulls...even played man to man defense on Rose pretty well and surprisingly with 3 blocks...Knicks just have no rebounding at all and gave up a ton of offensive rebounds by the Bulls...the countdown continues to DAntoni's firing.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:54 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Lin held his own tonite against the Bulls...even played man to man defense on Rose pretty well and surprisingly with 3 blocks...Knicks just have no rebounding at all and gave up a ton of offensive rebounds by the Bulls...the countdown continues to DAntoni's firing.
Well the Knicks play the Blazers on wednesday and the Pacers on Friday and Saturday so I see a win against the blazers and 2 losses to the pacers. If the Knicks lose all 3 then the coach is defintely gone by next Monday
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball