U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2012, 07:03 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,361,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotchildintheCity View Post
Huge numbers tonight for Bynum 37 points 15-18 from the field 83% 16 rebounds in a barnburner in Memphis. Lakers winning in double overtime 116-111. Bynum is a monster in the paint and without a doubt NBA MVP material. Bryant added 34 points maintaining his lead for the NBA scoring title. Looking forward to the playoffs.
Those are monster numbers, and impressive. Lakers have impressed me with their play, but I still think they have too many holes to navigate through the WC playoffs. Either way, thats a monster stat line.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:19 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,192,016 times
how many minutes is kobe averaging this season? like 48.5?
and bynum is what 35-38 minutes?
same for gasol.

they have 5 more back to backs and they do not get 2 nights of rest until the last week of the season. the rest of this month isnt a tough bunch of teams but april is going to be interesting.

the real question can they handle the minutes? bynum has played well but how long before he gets his yearly injury and all of laker land says "if we had a healthy bynum we would have won it all" ????

Old 03-14-2012, 07:41 AM

207 posts, read 308,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Well, Bulls/Heat tonight in a later tipoff for Chicago (830 local). Bulls are still pretty beat up, thought there were whispers yesterday Deng may play tonight. I assume the refs will be even harder on Rose tonight after his comments following the Knicks game. Bulls coming off a win, heat coming off a loss, seems like a perfect time for a Heat win, but we shall see. Either way, these Miami/Chicago games are always fun and I'll be watching.
I'm liking this match up tonight, imo the best two teams in the eastern conference, will be watching tonight. The beauty is that they face each other 3 times in the next month or so.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Those are monster numbers, and impressive. Lakers have impressed me with their play, but I still think they have too many holes to navigate through the WC playoffs. Either way, thats a monster stat line.
I'm hoping teams in the western conference have similar thoughts that Lakers have too many holes to navigate through in playoffs

Old 03-14-2012, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
how many minutes is kobe averaging this season? like 48.5?
and bynum is what 35-38 minutes?
same for gasol.

they have 5 more back to backs and they do not get 2 nights of rest until the last week of the season. the rest of this month isnt a tough bunch of teams but april is going to be interesting.

the real question can they handle the minutes? bynum has played well but how long before he gets his yearly injury and all of laker land says "if we had a healthy bynum we would have won it all" ????
Perhaps the Spurs should study tape of last nights Lakers win on how to win in Memphis after winning 61 games last year only to lose in the first round of the WC playoffs

Old 03-14-2012, 08:27 AM

51,862 posts, read 41,765,307 times
Quote:
Perhaps the Spurs should study tape of last nights Lakers win on how to win in Memphis after winning 61 games last year only to lose in the first round of the WC playoffs
I am absolutely shocked to see you show up after a Lakers win vs. a non-playoff team in 2OT talking trash.

It's ok though, LA has a losing record against the east so it would be quite a gift to the Bulls or Heat to get to play them in the finals.

I especially liked their back to back losses to Detroit and Washington last week, truly the sign of an NBA champ.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:10 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,192,016 times
Quote:
That's right, try to change the topic at hand.

Math in his defense, Memphis is a playoff team, missing their two best player but playoff none the less.

Yeah Rudy gay and z-bo where both out in that 2OT game but that shouldn't mater, because Kobe and Bynum got theirs and they out lasted the competition.
It also didn't hurt that the refs where in the lakers pocket all night. 34 fts to 5? And it still too 2OT? Lakers should have won by 20 with those numbers.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:51 AM

51,862 posts, read 41,765,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
That's right, try to change the topic at hand.

Math in his defense, Memphis is a playoff team, missing their two best player but playoff none the less.

Yeah Rudy gay and z-bo where both out in that 2OT game but that shouldn't mater, because Kobe and Bynum got theirs and they out lasted the competition.
It also didn't hurt that the refs where in the lakers pocket all night. 34 fts to 5? And it still too 2OT? Lakers should have won by 20 with those numbers.
Yeah, I was referring to what was on the court. It's like if Lebron and Wade get food poisoning and don't play tonight and the Bulls stomp them. I'm not coming in talking about how the Bulls are clearly the best team in the east and will be cake walking to another championship.

Bynum has been having a lot of good games. His health has held up and he is pretty clearly the 2nd best center in the NBA. If the Lakers could just get a couple *ok* players in exchange for Gasol they'd be a lot more of a threat IMO. Peace with another 0-5 night from 3pt land you have gotta think most of those were wide open looks.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:24 AM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,267,937 times
Quote:
Well, Bulls/Heat tonight in a later tipoff for Chicago (830 local). Bulls are still pretty beat up, thought there were whispers yesterday Deng may play tonight. I assume the refs will be even harder on Rose tonight after his comments following the Knicks game. Bulls coming off a win, heat coming off a loss, seems like a perfect time for a Heat win, but we shall see. Either way, these Miami/Chicago games are always fun and I'll be watching.
Yeah a powerful doubleheader on ESPN tonight with the Sixers/Pacers being at 7pm and the Bulls/Heat being at 9:30pm. The Bulls better not play the way they did against the Knicks because they won't have a chance in this game at all. And by that I mean Korver missing wide open shots especially if Deng is not going to play in the game.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:27 AM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,267,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I am absolutely shocked to see you show up after a Lakers win vs. a non-playoff team in 2OT talking trash.

It's ok though, LA has a losing record against the east so it would be quite a gift to the Bulls or Heat to get to play them in the finals.

I especially liked their back to back losses to Detroit and Washington last week, truly the sign of an NBA champ.
Why is Memphis considered a non-playoff team? I believe they are in the top 5 in the Western Conference Playoff race from what I viewed on ESPN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball