U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-25-2012, 09:22 PM
FBJ

34,414 posts, read 23,768,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Kendrick Perkins= dirtiest player in the nba!
Did you see Wade avoid a confrontation because of Perkins size?-lol

Old 03-25-2012, 11:40 PM

844 posts, read 781,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I thought the Sixers had a good chance to get a WIN when I found out Duncan was not playing but had no idea IGGY was out too.
Igoudala's presence on the court tonight at the AT&T would not have made any difference in the outcome of the game. The Spurs collective, crushing defense in the final quarter is what did in Philly tonight. And Igoudala's game wouldn't have prevented any of that. San Antonio was just too deep and too overwhelming for Philly to have had a chance in the game especially late.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:06 AM
FBJ

Lakers lose to memphis at home which was surprising since they have a new future HOFER by the name of Ramon Sessions who is younger and faster. Where was he tonight?

Old 03-26-2012, 05:43 AM

5,613 posts, read 4,003,932 times
check out the box score from the spurs game
Philadelphia at San Antonio | Sunday March 25, 2012 | NBA - Yahoo! Sports

duncan DNP-OLD lol.

and how about duncan, inactive tonight but still got a technical foul called on him? it wasnt danny crawford this time but that ref WAS on the court.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:41 AM

3,534 posts, read 1,909,193 times
Great showing by Durant vs Lebron last night.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:46 PM
FBJ

Quote:

duncan DNP-OLD lol.

and how about duncan, inactive tonight but still got a technical foul called on him? it wasnt danny crawford this time but that ref WAS on the court.
Because he was not playing and had no business talking to the ref since she was not the coach.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:27 PM

844 posts, read 781,282 times
Quote:

duncan DNP-OLD lol.

I thought that was hilarious. Tim usually doesn't get a technical when he's in the game but gets one when he isn't playing? That's stupid crazy. The offending official should have been more focused on the game then what was happening on the Spurs bench. I'm glad Tim got a big laugh out of the whole thing.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:47 PM

5,286 posts, read 4,017,281 times
Well, Rose is out again for the Bulls tonight. When it is all said and done he will probably miss close to 30% of the season this year and the Bulls will probably still finish with the 1 seed. Hats off to Thibbs and the other players.

With that said, I can't help by be concerned. Everyone here is saying "its good, give him rest," but my issue is that it really isn't about rest, its about frequent injuries. If he needs to sit every 30% of the regular season, how is he going to grind through four playoff series? Will he play hurt? How much will that limit his productivity? On top of that, I have always said my fear with Derrick is the way he plays will lead to a shorter peak to his career than other players will have. If these injuries are so frequent now, when he is 23, how is it going to be when he is 27, or 30?

Sigh

Old 03-26-2012, 02:50 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Well, Rose is out again for the Bulls tonight. When it is all said and done he will probably miss close to 30% of the season this year and the Bulls will probably still finish with the 1 seed. Hats off to Thibbs and the other players.

With that said, I can't help by be concerned. Everyone here is saying "its good, give him rest," but my issue is that it really isn't about rest, its about frequent injuries. If he needs to sit every 30% of the regular season, how is he going to grind through four playoff series? Will he play hurt? How much will that limit his productivity? On top of that, I have always said my fear with Derrick is the way he plays will lead to a shorter peak to his career than other players will have. If these injuries are so frequent now, when he is 23, how is it going to be when he is 27, or 30?

Sigh
That's a good point and i used to say the same thing about Tracy Mcgrady who was always injured at a young age. Also fans in Chicago who buys tickets are coming to see Rose so I know it's a disappointment seeing him on the bench even though the time is winning.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:03 PM
FBJ

Breaking News from ESPN

Jeremy Lin and Amare Stoudmire are out tonight versus the Bucks. Lin has a sore knee and Stoudmire has a bulging disc in his back

Not good and it will definitely be a loss for the Knicks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball