U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2011, 02:14 PM

2,363 posts, read 4,416,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
The Knicks are signing Baron Davis...exactly how does this make them a better team?
it doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Well maybe since it's a shortened season maybe the bucks can make a run since they only win about 40 games a year anyways.

I doubt it lol.

Old 12-25-2011, 07:07 PM

3,569 posts, read 6,016,359 times
Wow. Bulls won barely.

Old 12-26-2011, 01:27 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,361,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacran View Post
Wow. Bulls won barely.
Yes they needed some breaks to go their way in order to win that game. But I'll take it!

Old 12-27-2011, 06:36 PM

12,193 posts, read 10,407,297 times
Nice win by the Warriors after looking like the same ol' Dubs vs LAC. Hopefully a sign of things to come.

Old 12-28-2011, 06:40 AM

Well, Norris Cole made some noise last night. He might just be a perfect fit in MIA, but we shall see. If he develops into a good player, the Heat should be massive favorites to win it all.

Lakers got a W to avoid falling into an 0-3 start, I'm sure that was big for them.

The Nets looked really bad losing by nearly 40 to Atlanta, and their fans were screaming for Dwight Howard. I think they will be disappointed, both in the fact that they will have a sub par year, and that they will not end up getting Howard.

As far as my beloved Bulls, they looked terrible last night vs the Warriors (though I give GS credit for shooting lights out in the first half), and Derrick was clearly pressing. I really hope they bounce back well vs the Kings tomorrow.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:22 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,877,543 times
The Heat's offense( as predicted last year) looks a hell of a lot more cohesive now. I'm not ready to say they're the overwhelming favorites yet, because I'm not especially sold on Lebron James in an NBA finals setting. They look VERY good now, on both sides of the ball, but Chicago( while looking bad the other day) are definitely a legit threat, so are the Thunder, and well the Lakers are a Dwight Howard trade away from being in the thick of things. Kobe looks good, can he maintain it over a season? What's Bynum going to bring to the table, as a knee/leg injury is an annual concern with him. Still all very early....

I'd be curious to get the Bulls fans take on Derrick Rose's position. Am I the only one who thinks he should be moved over to Shooting guard, and replaced with defensive minded, pass first point guard?

Old 12-28-2011, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
The Heat's offense( as predicted last year) looks a hell of a lot more cohesive now. I'm not ready to say they're the overwhelming favorites yet, because I'm not especially sold on Lebron James in an NBA finals setting. They look VERY good now, on both sides of the ball, but Chicago( while looking bad the other day) are definitely a legit threat, so are the Thunder, and well the Lakers are a Dwight Howard trade away from being in the thick of things. Kobe looks good, can he maintain it over a season? What's Bynum going to bring to the table, as a knee/leg injury is an annual concern with him. Still all very early....

I'd be curious to get the Bulls fans take on Derrick Rose's position. Am I the only one who thinks he should be moved over to Shooting guard, and replaced with defensive minded, pass first point guard?
I would say no to D Rose moving for a variety of reasons:

1) The Bulls do not have another viable PG on their roster, at least one that could start.

2) Rip Hamilton is a good fit for the 2

3) Derrick is all about the quick first step, and is most deadly if he can go right or left, from the top of the circle, which is where a PG will be more than an SG.

4) His shooting still needs work

I think long term, maybe something like this is possible, but not at this juncture.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I would say no to D Rose moving for a variety of reasons:

1) The Bulls do not have another viable PG on their roster, at least one that could start.

2) Rip Hamilton is a good fit for the 2

3) Derrick is all about the quick first step, and is most deadly if he can go right or left, from the top of the circle, which is where a PG will be more than an SG.

4) His shooting still needs work

I think long term, maybe something like this is possible, but not at this juncture.
1) I was thinking in terms of acquiring one, not one that currently sits on the roster.

2) I agree, he gives them a shooter with championship experience, a welcome addition to their unit.

3) He would be a load for any SG in the league to handle regardless.

4) True, but he is improving year by year in this regard, I wouldn't say he's a bad shooter by any means.

I don't know, I just see a guy who is a potential 28-29 ppg scorer being asked to run an offense. I'm just wondering, in the long term, if it would be in the teams best interest to move him over and acquire a pass first defensive PG. This is the conundrum when your point guard is also by far your most talented scorer. Bear in mind that guys like Wade and Iverson came into the NBA as point guards, and moved over to the 2 spot. I can envision the same thing with Rose....eventually. Wouldn't Hinrich have been the ideal compliment to Rose at the 2?

Old 12-28-2011, 08:00 AM

Yeah, the Bulls would have kept Hinrich if they werent dumping salary in hopes of landing either Wade/Bosh/Lebron that off season. I don't know about ideal fit, but I would like him to still be on the bulls, thats for sure.

I too am worried about the long term health/production of Rose. There is no way a guy that little, and that fast can continue to be a star in this league, UNLESS he reinvents his game at some point. which I think he can/will do. However, right now, he is still young, and I would be more comfortable with him at the PG for now while he has the skill sets he does.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post

I too am worried about the long term health/production of Rose. There is no way a guy that little, and that fast can continue to be a star in this league, UNLESS he reinvents his game at some point. which I think he can/will do.
Bear in mind that Rose is 6'3, 4 inches taller with a bigger body than Iverson who was a legit force until 33. Wade is in the same range size-wise, and still going strong at 30. Rose is in the same athletic hemisphere as those guys. It's fair to assume he will continue to develop and not rely on god given talent and physical ability as he matures. He's what, 22/23? His career hasn't even started yet, really...still in its infancy stages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball