U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2012, 09:00 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,313,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Any team can have an off night. The playoffs are when games like that would really matter.
The Magic has gotten blown out many of times this season especially on the road.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:59 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,198,412 times
go spurs go, thats all, im out

Old 03-29-2012, 07:15 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,364,704 times
Just looking at the EC playoffs, what a crazy awesome first round it would be if things stay the way they currently are:

Bulls vs Knicks (old rivals)
Heat vs Celtics (plenty of history)
Orlando vs Atl (rematch from last years first round)
Indy vs Philly (two young scrappy teams)

That would be ALOT of fun if it holds. There is plenty of room to jockey around though so I doubt it will.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:21 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Just looking at the EC playoffs, what a crazy awesome first round it would be if things stay the way they currently are:

Bulls vs Knicks (old rivals)
Heat vs Celtics (plenty of history)
Orlando vs Atl (rematch from last years first round)
Indy vs Philly (two young scrappy teams)

That would be ALOT of fun if it holds. There is plenty of room to jockey around though so I doubt it will.
I know Sixers fans would be pissed and feel that the entire season was a waste if they somehow get caught by Boston and fall to the 7th spot and have to play the Heat again like they did last year.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:32 PM

3,653 posts, read 3,880,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I know Sixers fans would be pissed and feel that the entire season was a waste if they somehow get caught by Boston and fall to the 7th spot and have to play the Heat again like they did last year.
Sixers aren't a threat to do anything of significance no matter what spot you wind up with. They're progressing, but they're no threat to the upper echelon of Eastern teams.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:41 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Sixers aren't a threat to do anything of significance no matter what spot you wind up with. They're progressing, but they're no threat to the upper echelon of Eastern teams.
The Sixers get to the second round with no problem if they play

The Pacers or Hawks

The Sixers don't get to the second round if they play

The Heat or Bulls

Old 03-29-2012, 01:56 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,198,412 times
I love the "with no problem". Isn't that what the bulls and magic said last year?

Just read an article about when the lakers meet the thunder in the wcf it's ginna be a close/tough series that the lakers have a good shot of winning. These stories irritate me, like it's common knowledge that they both make it there. Ughhhh

Old 03-29-2012, 02:00 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
I love the "with no problem". Isn't that what the bulls and magic said last year?

Just read an article about when the lakers meet the thunder in the wcf it's ginna be a close/tough series that the lakers have a good shot of winning. These stories irritate me, like it's common knowledge that they both make it there. Ughhhh
I think the Pacers are frauds. They have lost to the Knicks twice and lost to the nets last night which lets me know they are not a true number 5 seed. And don't even get me started on the fraudulent hawks and why they will be booted out of the playoffs in round 1 no matter who they play.

Old 03-29-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
The Sixers get to the second round with no problem if they play

The Pacers or Hawks
The Sixers are no lock to beat either one of those teams, especially with 'no problem'. You're really quite delusional. Great entertainment value though...

And again, even if they beat those teams, they're still no threat to anyone at the top of the East. You know your team isn't a contender when the best your fans can boast about it is making it to the second round.

Old 03-29-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
I think the Pacers are frauds. They have lost to the Knicks twice and lost to the nets last night which lets me know they are not a true number 5 seed. And don't even get me started on the fraudulent hawks and why they will be booted out of the playoffs in round 1 no matter who they play.
And the Knicks beat the Magic by 31 the other night. What does this tell you? Don't bet your entire life savings on what happens in the regular season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball