Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2012, 06:43 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times

Advertisements

read a short article over the weekend talking about how tough this season has been on guys. wade and lebron where both complaining about being tired. even kawhi leonard was talking about how the b2b2b is tiring, and he is 20 yrs old. this just shows how managing minutes is the ONLY way to go. pop is the best at it, hands down. lebron is averaging 38 minutes, so are kobe and pau. heck wade is one of the few "stars" with decent minutes at 33 and he was complaining about how tough the season is and how tired he is.

this is where having depth maters. not the playoffs, but right now, without a deep enough team to get the stars/starters rest your team is running on fumes in a season like this.

this month is where the spurs depth will be tested, 16 games, 6 b2b, 1 b2b2b, and the lakers 3 times in 9 days.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:09 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
A lot of question marks as we head into the playoffs.

I 100% agree that some of the teams that are pushing heavy minutes on their stars may be vulnerable in the playoffs. (Heat, Lakers being prime examples.)

It's coming up, I'm starting to get excited.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:17 PM

pop earned coach of the month for february and march both. with a solid april, he is all but a shoe in for COTY.

Old 04-02-2012, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
pop earned coach of the month for february and march both. with a solid april, he is all but a shoe in for COTY.
He won in 2003, so it's very unlikely he will win.

It's gone to 40 different coaches in it's 50 years of existance and the sportswriter voters tend to just pass the sucker around.

My money is on Karl in Denver and is gonna be Kevin Durant IMO.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:03 PM

You know I was leaning towards Karl earlier inthe season but the nuggets kinda suck so I doubt it. While yes the award is generally passed around, it is not impossible. Of all the teams that have good records or are a "surprise" this season, only Philly is the "surprise" team. Best records, bulls (last year winner), thunder (year before last), heat????? Never won but the coach is starting to catch flack for the bad play lately, and spurs, my pick after the back to back coach of the months. Once again, if pop is even in the top 3-5 in choices for April then he is easily the #1 choice.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:52 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
You know I was leaning towards Karl earlier inthe season but the nuggets kinda suck so I doubt it. While yes the award is generally passed around, it is not impossible. Of all the teams that have good records or are a "surprise" this season, only Philly is the "surprise" team. Best records, bulls (last year winner), thunder (year before last), heat????? Never won but the coach is starting to catch flack for the bad play lately, and spurs, my pick after the back to back coach of the months. Once again, if pop is even in the top 3-5 in choices for April then he is easily the #1 choice.
Doug Collins may not be in the running anymore since the Sixers have fallen back some since the beginning of the year. Right now i would have to give the coach of the year to one of the coaches below

West....Kevin Mchale..."Only if they make the playoffs

East......"Frank Vogel"

Old 04-02-2012, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Nuggets could still conceivably fall out of the playoffs which would kill Karl.
However, he has been a respected coach for a long time that re-tooled a bunch of new players after Carmelos departure. That's my thought process.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:21 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,537,016 times
How about them Rockets! They beat the best teams in the West(OKC) and East(Chicago). The emergence of Goran Dragic makes him good trade bait or possibly a keeper this summer by the Rockets. Goransanity...lol

Now only if we can get that dude from Orlando to play for us this offseason...we would be title contenders...

Old 04-02-2012, 11:25 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
How about them Rockets! They beat the best teams in the West(OKC) and East(Chicago). The emergence of Goran Dragic makes him good trade bait or possibly a keeper this summer by the Rockets. Goransanity...lol

Now only if we can get that dude from Orlando to play for us this offseason...we would be title contenders...
That's why I said in a earlier post this evening that Kevin Mchale should be in the running for coach of the year. Are they a lock for the playoffs or can they still be on the outside looking in???

Old 04-03-2012, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post

i just never know what to think about the rockets, they can play great against some good teams and then flop on the floor like a crappie out of water for bad ones. they might be a tough out for who ever they face in the playoffs, or they may get swept, you just never know which rockets team is going to show up.

i like that they have done it without kevin martin. i have never liked that guy, i think he is so one dimensional that he hurts every team he is on more then he will ever help them.

i def enjoyed checking the scores this AM to see dallas and OKC both losers while rockets where winners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball