U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2012, 12:54 AM

167 posts, read 233,925 times

Advertisements

That Bulls/Knicks game on Sunday was one of the best this season!

Old 04-10-2012, 01:08 AM

758 posts, read 1,036,499 times
Was very suprised that the Magic won without Dwight! Glen Davis and the entire team played well last night, very pleased!

Old 04-10-2012, 04:02 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,882,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
He is a talented young player who has played a major role in turning the clippers around but not a STAR.

Stars help teams win when it matters not just being a exciting highlight in the regular season
Depends on ones personal definition of the word. SUPERSTAR is a word that's tossed around too quickly, and on that note he certainly doesn't qualify. Star, however, is debatable and in my view he's good enough to be considered one as he's one of the top 25 in a league out of 400 or so. That's enough to be considered a star in my book, you feel differently and that's fine. The term is so subjective that it's not really worth the effort to go around in circles.

Old 04-10-2012, 01:26 PM

52,013 posts, read 41,844,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Pop doesn't give 2 shots about seeding. He wants his team healthy and rested. And he let Parker stay back in SA also. Nobody played crazy minutes tonight either. Pop could have brought any one of the big 3out and/or played guys 38 minutes and beaten the jazz. Health and rest above all else.

This will also prove whether or not the lakers are trying to avoid okc in the 2nd round. They seem to be trying to in the seeding, or it's just coincidence.
^^Yeah, the top coaches know that seeding is secondary to rest going into the playoffs.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:28 PM

3,653 posts, read 3,882,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
^^Yeah, the top coaches know that seeding is secondary to rest going into the playoffs.
Particularly the Spurs. That trio of Duncan, Parker, and Ginobli has had everything and the kitchen sink tossed at them the past decade, at this stage I'm sure rest is far more important because I doubt they're fazed any by playing on the road.

Oh, and it hasn't gotten much attention, but Duncan has quietly had somewhat of a 'bounce back' season after people writing him off as too old last year. 15 and 9 in 28 minutes is pretty damn efficient for a 35 soon-to-be 36 year old.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:54 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,203,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Particularly the Spurs. That trio of Duncan, Parker, and Ginobli has had everything and the kitchen sink tossed at them the past decade, at this stage I'm sure rest is far more important because I doubt they're fazed any by playing on the road.

Oh, and it hasn't gotten much attention, but Duncan has quietly had somewhat of a 'bounce back' season after people writing him off as too old last year. 15 and 9 in 28 minutes is pretty damn efficient for a 35 soon-to-be 36 year old.
finally someone outside of san antonio that has noticed that.

he is at 19, 12, 3 and 2 blocks per 36 minutes. on the down side he is shooting career low %

Old 04-10-2012, 04:09 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,345,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Pop doesn't give 2 shots about seeding. He wants his team healthy and rested. And he let Parker stay back in SA also. Nobody played crazy minutes tonight either. Pop could have brought any one of the big 3out and/or played guys 38 minutes and beaten the jazz. Health and rest above all else.

This will also prove whether or not the lakers are trying to avoid okc in the 2nd round. They seem to be trying to in the seeding, or it's just coincidence.
I never bought into the whole AVOID thing once the playoffs started because in order to be the best you have the beat the best. Which is why the 1994 Nuggets will always be remembered for their determination to beat the best team in round one.

Old 04-10-2012, 04:55 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,892,096 times
the spurs dominated the west last season and look what happened. i dont see them going far into the playoffs. the west title is OKC's to lose.

Old 04-10-2012, 05:04 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,203,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
the spurs dominated the west last season and look what happened. i dont see them going far into the playoffs. the west title is OKC's to lose.
Different team, playing at a different time. All the spurs haters have yet to actually pay attention to them. The spurs are a much better defensive team this year, they are much deeper also. Consider the fact that the spurs played more then half this season without Manu. Last year the spurs relied completely on Manu and their scoring. This year they don't rely on him at all, and they don't just rely on their scoring but they have a nice mix of defense as well. Leonard, Jackson, mills, Diaw, are all new and major pieces, splitter missed most of last season with injury thus forcing the spirs to over use an ancient mcdyess.

As I said, these spurs are not the same spurs of the last 1-2-3-5 yrs.

Old 04-10-2012, 05:40 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,892,096 times
spurs haters huh... pop is one ofmy favorite coaches ever and the only player i hate on the spurs is captain jack. but im a 'hater' because i dont believe they're going far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball