U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2012, 02:56 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,199,926 times

Advertisements

so just a question and maybe its just me but are the bulls playing better WITHOUT rose then when he is on the court? he missed last night with ankle injury and it seems the bulls handled the knicks fairly easily (especially in the 10 point 2nd)

Old 04-11-2012, 04:44 AM

927 posts, read 1,209,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Spurs are deeper and healthier this year headed into the playoffs.

I would not be so quick to just write them off.

IF I had to pick one team I would choose OKC....but Spurs should be a tough out for most teams.
I just don't believe in the Thunder to win the West. Not with the stacked, playoff proven Spurs team of this season. Teams win championships not individuals. And when you compare the two clubs OKC just doesn't stack up. In fact when you go beyond the heralded trio of Westbrook, Durant and Harden there is not much to speak of talent wise. And even less in the way of valuable playoff experience. IMO this experience of the Spurs trumps anything the Thunder could possibly throw at San Antonio in a possible playoff matchup between the two.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:22 AM

7,559 posts, read 11,898,664 times
LOL

Nets owner planning to 'crush' Mark Cuban in kickboxing | Yardbarker.com

Old 04-11-2012, 07:12 AM

51,950 posts, read 41,815,822 times
I'm still wondering how he got past the owner review process....then again, Putin secretly owns big chunks of the Russian oil companies etc etc. but shows and official net worth of less than $1mil. LOL.

I wonder what the NBA will do when a rival gets around to shooting a dozen RPGs at his car.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:16 AM

51,950 posts, read 41,815,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
I just don't believe in the Thunder to win the West. Not with the stacked, playoff proven Spurs team of this season. Teams win championships not individuals. And when you compare the two clubs OKC just doesn't stack up. In fact when you go beyond the heralded trio of Westbrook, Durant and Harden there is not much to speak of talent wise. And even less in the way of valuable playoff experience. IMO this experience of the Spurs trumps anything the Thunder could possibly throw at San Antonio in a possible playoff matchup between the two.
Perhaps.

I've already gone on the record that I'm utterly baffled by what might go down in the playoffs this year. It's just too hard to call, too many injuries, the heavy minutes on some players, the unknown of when a young team will eventually break out.....I'm just excited to see what happens, especially in the west where the team qualities aren't a huge drop off after 2 like in the east. There will be 1st round matchups worth watching in the west.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:37 AM

297 posts, read 340,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Perhaps.

I've already gone on the record that I'm utterly baffled by what might go down in the playoffs this year. It's just too hard to call, too many injuries, the heavy minutes on some players, the unknown of when a young team will eventually break out.....I'm just excited to see what happens, especially in the west where the team qualities aren't a huge drop off after 2 like in the east. There will be 1st round matchups worth watching in the west.
I agree. The west is wide open. The Spurs have a legit chance to make a serious run. To me they have always been a team though that plays at their peak level all year long, both regular season and post season. So we will have to wait and see if other teams surpass their intensity level in the playoffs. But dang, they have about 8 or 9 players averaging 9 ppg or better. That is some serious depth.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:14 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,881,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
In fact when you go beyond the heralded trio of Westbrook, Durant and Harden there is not much to speak of talent wise. And even less in the way of valuable playoff experience
Not sure I'd go quite that far. Selfolosha and Ibaka are talented defenders on the perimeter and interior, that are great complements to the dynamic scoring of Durant/Westbrook/Harden. Perkins provides interior toughness, hustle, and has championship experience. Derek Fisher, while 50 years old, is a 5 time NBA champion and certainly will provide that championship poise in the locker-room and on-court that the Durant/Westbrook/Harden trio lack. I'm not ready to call a potential series between these two yet, but I think you're selling the Thunder a little short.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:59 PM

3,441 posts, read 5,004,641 times
I thought no one could beat the Spurs?

I guess the Lakers are a bit better than many of you give them credit.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:01 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,320,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
I thought no one could beat the Spurs?

I guess the Lakers are a bit better than many of you give them credit.
The spurs have already made it clear they are waiting for the playoffs.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:02 PM

478 posts, read 595,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The spurs have already made it clear they are waiting for the playoffs.
Yea, thats why they played Duncan, Parker, and Ginobli and lost to the Lakers who were without Kobe. The Spurs haven't done anything since they beat my favorite team (The Cavs) in the 2006-2007 finals, which was one of the worst teams to ever make it to the NBA finals. I'm no Lakers fan, but the same thing could be said of them that they're just waiting for the playoffs too. The Spurs were the ones knocked out in the first round last year, not the Lakers.

Also I must say, very impressive game by Bynum. Didn't exactly shoot well at 7-20, but 30 rebounds and 2 blocks, as well as 16 points.

Cavs are terrible, but I really like how Lester Hudson has stepped up big. He's averging a little over 23 points per game in has last 4 games. Not bad. The Cavs have a lot of picks in what is considered a deep draft too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball