U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-11-2012, 11:24 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,394,120 times
Reputation: 9451

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 719inhere View Post
Yea, thats why they played Duncan, Parker, and Ginobli and lost to the Lakers who were without Kobe. The Spurs haven't done anything since they beat my favorite team (The Cavs) in the 2006-2007 finals, which was one of the worst teams to ever make it to the NBA finals. I'm no Lakers fan, but the same thing could be said of them that they're just waiting for the playoffs too. The Spurs were the ones knocked out in the first round last year, not the Lakers.

Also I must say, very impressive game by Bynum. Didn't exactly shoot well at 7-20, but 30 rebounds and 2 blocks, as well as 16 points.

Cavs are terrible, but I really like how Lester Hudson has stepped up big. He's averging a little over 23 points per game in has last 4 games. Not bad. The Cavs have a lot of picks in what is considered a deep draft too.
i'm begging you not to take this spurs loss seriously

 
Old 04-11-2012, 11:32 PM
 
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
478 posts, read 596,378 times
Reputation: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
i'm begging you not to take this spurs loss seriously
No, I don't think it's a serious loss for the Spurs. I think they have a proven and deep team, I just think anything is possible in the playoffs. Looking at it not being a fan of either the Spurs or Thunder, that's the two teams I'd expect to see in the WC Finals. Although, you never know. I could see a team like the Lakers, Clippers, or Grizzlies getting there too.
 
Old 04-12-2012, 05:16 AM
 
Location: spring tx
7,912 posts, read 8,210,783 times
Reputation: 1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by 719inhere View Post
Yea, thats why they played Duncan, Parker, and Ginobli and lost to the Lakers who were without Kobe. The Spurs haven't done anything since they beat my favorite team (The Cavs) in the 2006-2007 finals, which was one of the worst teams to ever make it to the NBA finals. I'm no Lakers fan, but the same thing could be said of them that they're just waiting for the playoffs too. The Spurs were the ones knocked out in the first round last year, not the Lakers.

Also I must say, very impressive game by Bynum. Didn't exactly shoot well at 7-20, but 30 rebounds and 2 blocks, as well as 16 points.

Cavs are terrible, but I really like how Lester Hudson has stepped up big. He's averging a little over 23 points per game in has last 4 games. Not bad. The Cavs have a lot of picks in what is considered a deep draft too.
yes the spurs lost to the lakers and once again people read way to much into a single regular season game.
maybe look into the fact that the lakers had 2 starters play 40 minutes, and bynum played 37 minutes. not a single spur played more then 27 minutes. hell if anything danny greens 22 points in 27 minutes was pretty impressive. yeah bynum had 30 rebounds, thats nasty and not taking anything away. all im saying is its one regular season game. 1st night of a B2B for the spurs so you knew pop wasnt playing guys to many minutes. not with the griz coming in.

the next lakers game next week i expect pop has guys resting also. as a mater of fact i bet we dont see the full game spurs vs the full team lakers until the 2nd round of the playoffs because you know the season is winding down and pop is going to rest more and more. we MIGHT get a preview april 20th but with pop you never know.

the other thing i think is funny, making a big deal out of this game but ignoring the fact that the lakers lost to houston with no lowry, and no martin TWICE. or how about the back to back losses to det and was? just shows to go ya that you cant call a season on a regular season game here or there.

the nice thing the OTHER la team won last night too.
 
Old 04-12-2012, 07:12 AM
 
52,095 posts, read 41,903,893 times
Reputation: 32509
*shrug* bring on the playoffs.
 
Old 04-12-2012, 07:42 AM
 
Location: Cook County
5,288 posts, read 6,371,926 times
Reputation: 3070
I have eat some crow regarding Rondo. Guy has been a beast this year, and deserves a lot of credit. It is not the only reason the Celtics are hot suddenly - it helps that Garnett and Pierce have been playing better since the AS break. But Rondo has been consistent and really, really good all year.
 
Old 04-12-2012, 07:45 AM
 
297 posts, read 340,821 times
Reputation: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
yes the spurs lost to the lakers and once again people read way to much into a single regular season game.
maybe look into the fact that the lakers had 2 starters play 40 minutes, and bynum played 37 minutes. not a single spur played more then 27 minutes.
That's really nothing new though. Lakers have four players on the roster averaging more than 30 mpg. Bryant, Pau and Bynum all averaging more than 35 mpg. While the Spurs most used player is Parker at only 33 mpg and then Duncan at only 28 mpg. They have 11 players (if you count Diaw's 19.8 minutes) averaging more than 20 minutes per game where as the lakers only have 7 players averaging that or more. It's a well balanced team vs a top heavy team.
 
Old 04-12-2012, 08:08 AM
 
Location: spring tx
7,912 posts, read 8,210,783 times
Reputation: 1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalobrandon View Post
That's really nothing new though. Lakers have four players on the roster averaging more than 30 mpg. Bryant, Pau and Bynum all averaging more than 35 mpg. While the Spurs most used player is Parker at only 33 mpg and then Duncan at only 28 mpg. They have 11 players (if you count Diaw's 19.8 minutes) averaging more than 20 minutes per game where as the lakers only have 7 players averaging that or more. It's a well balanced team vs a top heavy team.
Yes this is part of my point.

Lakers where up by like 20 yet pau played 40 minutes. And if Kobe where playing he would have played 38-40 himself. Do they just not trust their bench at all? Mcroberts or Murphy couldn't get an extra 5 minutes from pau on a 20 point lead?

Seems silly and last night was a bit of "perfect storm" so to speak.
 
Old 04-12-2012, 08:32 AM
 
297 posts, read 340,821 times
Reputation: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Yes this is part of my point.

Lakers where up by like 20 yet pau played 40 minutes. And if Kobe where playing he would have played 38-40 himself. Do they just not trust their bench at all? Mcroberts or Murphy couldn't get an extra 5 minutes from pau on a 20 point lead?

Seems silly and last night was a bit of "perfect storm" so to speak.
I like what McRobets brings off the bench. But from the little I have seen of Murphy this year, he hasn't looked to good. Lakers basically have a 3 man bench of Blake, Barnes and McRobets.
 
Old 04-12-2012, 09:38 AM
 
Location: spring tx
7,912 posts, read 8,210,783 times
Reputation: 1982
Even that 3 man bench IMO doesn't get enough time. I don't mind really, I mean every extra minute of wear is better for 29 other teams, but sometimes I just have to laugh. I don't wish injury on anyone but sometimes you want that I told you so lol
 
Old 04-12-2012, 10:43 AM
 
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
478 posts, read 596,378 times
Reputation: 323
If the Celtics can keep playing like they have, I think they could be legit contenders to win the championship. Rondo of course is having a very good year. Pierce, Garnett, and Allen are doing well too. Actually I've been very impressed by Garnett. I really thought this would be the year guys like him and Tim Duncan started to show their age, but both have had good years. Playoffs are looking more and more wide open.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top