U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-12-2012, 06:57 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,293,177 times
Reputation: 9451

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Shocked, no. Surprised, yes. KG is playing well, but like 2004? LOL.......Pass me whatever you're joking, bro. 2004 KG was probably one of the top 5 across the board dominant seasons in the last decade.
Did you watch the Heat/Celtics game at all on Tuesday Night? The man was playing out of his mind and some of my friends thought it was 1997 because he was playing so good. Even sportswriters were saying he found the fountain of youth. The man hit 7 straight jumpshots in the 4th qtr to hold off a Miami run and if that is not proof that he found the fountain of youth then I don't know what is

 
Old 04-12-2012, 07:04 PM
 
Location: Earth
3,653 posts, read 3,878,906 times
Reputation: 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Did you watch the Heat/Celtics game at all on Tuesday Night? The man was playing out of his mind and some of my friends thought it was 1997 because he was playing so good. Even sportswriters were saying he found the fountain of youth. The man hit 7 straight jumpshots in the 4th qtr to hold off a Miami run and if that is not proof that he found the fountain of youth then I don't know what is
Yes, I did. He's not playing at 2004 KG's level, just stop it. Now just watch the game, pay attention, and one of these years you can hold a sensible conversation about Basketball.
 
Old 04-12-2012, 07:20 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,293,177 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Yes, I did. He's not playing at 2004 KG's level, just stop it. Now just watch the game, pay attention, and one of these years you can hold a sensible conversation about Basketball.
Going to youtube now to search for 2004 game with KG so I can compare it to the game he just played against the heat this past Tuesday.
 
Old 04-12-2012, 07:31 PM
 
Location: Earth
3,653 posts, read 3,878,906 times
Reputation: 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Going to youtube now to search for 2004 game with KG so I can compare it to the game he just played against the heat this past Tuesday.
Lol, just because KG has a game where he's playing out of his mind, doesn't mean he's overall on the level of his prime. I mean, are you serious? By your logic, because Kobe's had some good moments this year, he's at the same level of 2006, or 2003? Is Duncan at the same level he was in 2003, just because he's played well this year? KG has played very well this year, but he is NOT as dominant as he was in 2004. If you put 2004 KG in the league right now, he'd be one of the top 3 players in the league. Are you really arguing that current KG is at that level? Really??!!
 
Old 04-12-2012, 07:38 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,293,177 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Lol, just because KG has a game where he's playing out of his mind, doesn't mean he's overall on the level of his prime. I mean, are you serious? By your logic, because Kobe's had some good moments this year, he's at the same level of 2006, or 2003? Is Duncan at the same level he was in 2003, just because he's played well this year? KG has played very well this year, but he is NOT as dominant as he was in 2004. If you put 2004 KG in the league right now, he'd be one of the top 3 players in the league. Are you really arguing that current KG is at that level? Really??!!
He has to be close to it because if he wasn't the Celtics wouldn't be 19-7 since the All-Star Break. And I'm not just talking about his long range game, I';m talking about the fade away and the moves around the basket. I was getting a flash back from the 2004 playoffs.
 
Old 04-12-2012, 09:05 PM
 
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
478 posts, read 595,122 times
Reputation: 323
Spurs got a nice win over the Grizzlies, and Duncan had a big game with 28 points, 12 rebounds, and 2 blocks.
 
Old 04-12-2012, 09:09 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,293,177 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by 719inhere View Post
Spurs got a nice win over the Grizzlies, and Duncan had a big game with 28 points, 12 rebounds, and 2 blocks.
I'm confused, the spurs lose to the lakers without Kobe and beat the Grizzles tonight. I give up trying to figure this team out.
 
Old 04-12-2012, 09:10 PM
 
Location: Cook County
5,288 posts, read 6,362,931 times
Reputation: 3070
D rose has worst game of career, and bulls beat heat. Wow. Heat have no stomach for adversity. As soon as bulls got to OT it was over.
 
Old 04-12-2012, 09:10 PM
 
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
478 posts, read 595,122 times
Reputation: 323
The Bulls beat the Heat, and Rose played but was 1-13. Impressive by the Bulls, if I'm correct, didn't they beat Miami before without Rose playing at all?
 
Old 04-12-2012, 09:12 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,293,177 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
D rose has worst game of career, and bulls beat heat. Wow. Heat have no stomach for adversity. As soon as bulls got to OT it was over.
I wonder if Korver is in a contract year because he is playing out of his mind right now. I think he had about 7 three pointers tonight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top