U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2012, 11:55 AM

52,095 posts, read 41,911,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
how about the clippers beating the thunder twice in less then a week. do the clippers have the thunders number? they are 3-1 on the season.
Russell Westbrook 2011-12 Game Log | Basketball-Reference.com

Last 3 meetings Westbrook has struggled to put it mildly.

You raise an interesting point and there are indeed teams that just match up well against each other.

This would make for a great follow-up discussion once the brackets are set and we can see the match-ups.

Old 04-17-2012, 03:36 PM

1,586 posts, read 6,167,028 times
Quote:
how about the clippers beating the thunder twice in less then a week. do the clippers have the thunders number? they are 3-1 on the season.
The 3rd game at OKC I attended. I was shocked that the Thunder lost by 2 in the 4th. CP3 really put on the gas(33pts which is twice or more his average) and took over the game. The most recent game the Thunder shot way below their average in the 4th and the players were admitting that they flat out couldnt get the shot to roll in. OKC being a young team that can step it up during crunch time is in a perfect position. I think they will peak come playoff time and OKC will win its 3rd championship for Seattle.

Old 04-17-2012, 03:46 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,211,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happytown View Post
The 3rd game at OKC I attended. I was shocked that the Thunder lost by 2 in the 4th. CP3 really put on the gas(33pts which is twice or more his average) and took over the game. The most recent game the Thunder shot way below their average in the 4th and the players were admitting that they flat out couldnt get the shot to roll in. OKC being a young team that can step it up during crunch time is in a perfect position. I think they will peak come playoff time and OKC will win its 3rd championship for Seattle.
im not so sure about that. they have been very mediocre lately. going 5-5 in the month of april. their only quality win being over the bulls with no rose.

now dont get me wrong, the thunder look to be a tough out for any team in the playoffs but unless they change things real fast they are past their peak.

Old 04-17-2012, 04:02 PM

3,965 posts, read 2,518,106 times
I was watching the OKC-LAC game on NBATV and they said something about CP3 leads the league in baskets with under 10 seconds to go in the game over the past two years...I think that was what they said. Anyone else hear this?

Old 04-17-2012, 11:25 PM

927 posts, read 1,210,813 times
Looks like I was right. I did in fact expect a San Antonio win in LA tonight but what I didn't expect was the complete dismantling of the Lakers tonight that the Spurs handed to them. Far from the 30 rebound performance that he had last week Bynum was held to just 7 tonight. And Gasol was nearly a non-factor. This left things to Artest and the shooters of LA. That of course was a recipe for disaster. Which is exactly what happened to the Lakers. San Antonio so completely dominated the Lakers that the fourth quarter was a moot point. I won't go so far to say that the Lakers are a sham team, especially since Bryant didn't play, but they were revealed as close to one tonight.

Old 04-18-2012, 04:48 AM

i cant go so over board on this win for the simple fact kobe sat. he is expected to be back friday at SA where we should get a better idea.

i will say the spurs offense completely confused the lakers defense, and their defense confused the lakers offense. throw kobe in and they actually shoot worse BUT they have another weapon.

i expect pop to rest duncan tonight for sure and maybe more guys at sactown.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:03 AM

52,095 posts, read 41,911,642 times
IMO the Spurs are a really tough match-up for the Lakers.

The way the brackets sit in the west this year will be very very interesting.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
IMO the Spurs are a really tough match-up for the Lakers.

The way the brackets sit in the west this year will be very very interesting.
I'm really hoping the standings stay exactly as they are in the west. I see the best possible matchups for the spurs. From the suns in the 1st round, to the lakers and okc having tough 1st rounds and facing each other in the 2nd, to the clippers facing the griz whom they match up with very well. Either way I see the 1 seed having the easiest road.

Old 04-18-2012, 05:01 PM

Ok so it's slow in here today. I am not really surprised really. Lakers fans and spurs detractors made a point to comment on or try to point out how great the lakers are or spurs aren't.

So where are lakers fans today?

Come on and tell me how the loss doesn't count because Kobe didn't play. (even though the lakers ate actually playing more efficiently without him.)

Old 04-18-2012, 07:06 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,372,551 times
Quote:
Ok so it's slow in here today. I am not really surprised really. Lakers fans and spurs detractors made a point to comment on or try to point out how great the lakers are or spurs aren't.

So where are lakers fans today?

Come on and tell me how the loss doesn't count because Kobe didn't play. (even though the lakers ate actually playing more efficiently without him.)
Yeah, I've been surprised by the low volume today as well.

Bulls are crushing the terrible Bobcats, without Deng and Rose. Are the Bobcats the worst team in NBA history? That sort of thing would be impossible to prove either way, but I think they belong in the class photo at the very least. Michael Jordan has been terrible as an exec so far, and the future does not look promising.

IF they continue to suck until 2014, and end up with the #1 overall pick, the Bulls get it thanks to the Tyrus Thomas trade....soooo, keep on sucking MJ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball