U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-19-2012, 02:22 AM
 
Location: spring tx
7,912 posts, read 8,207,205 times
Reputation: 1982

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Yeah, I've been surprised by the low volume today as well.

Bulls are crushing the terrible Bobcats, without Deng and Rose. Are the Bobcats the worst team in NBA history? That sort of thing would be impossible to prove either way, but I think they belong in the class photo at the very least. Michael Jordan has been terrible as an exec so far, and the future does not look promising.

IF they continue to suck until 2014, and end up with the #1 overall pick, the Bulls get it thanks to the Tyrus Thomas trade....soooo, keep on sucking MJ.
im not sure thats impossible to prove, they are on the verge of setting the record for least wins in history. no team has won less then 10 games in a season, granted it is shortened season so that may factor in but they may not win another one this year leaving them with 7 total.

and spurs ended their b2b2b with an average of 22.3 ppg winning margin. no tim last night, and only captjack and diaw played more then 25 minutes. im trying to check my excitement until the playoffs but dang its hard when they are playing so well. spurs are now 20-11 on the road. think about that.... they started the season 2-8 on the road in the their 1st 10 games. under the radar even to this moment.

Last edited by rigas; 04-19-2012 at 02:31 AM..

 
Old 04-19-2012, 07:28 AM
 
52,066 posts, read 41,872,746 times
Reputation: 32473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Yeah, I've been surprised by the low volume today as well.

Bulls are crushing the terrible Bobcats, without Deng and Rose. Are the Bobcats the worst team in NBA history? That sort of thing would be impossible to prove either way, but I think they belong in the class photo at the very least. Michael Jordan has been terrible as an exec so far, and the future does not look promising.

IF they continue to suck until 2014, and end up with the #1 overall pick, the Bulls get it thanks to the Tyrus Thomas trade....soooo, keep on sucking MJ.
MJ's competitive spirit is what made him so great at basketball and yet so bad at other activities. Not a really uncommon phenomenon IMO.

Look at Isaih Thomas and many many others.
 
Old 04-19-2012, 07:55 AM
 
Location: Cook County
5,288 posts, read 6,369,371 times
Reputation: 3070
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
im not sure thats impossible to prove, they are on the verge of setting the record for least wins in history. no team has won less then 10 games in a season, granted it is shortened season so that may factor in but they may not win another one this year leaving them with 7 total.

and spurs ended their b2b2b with an average of 22.3 ppg winning margin. no tim last night, and only captjack and diaw played more then 25 minutes. im trying to check my excitement until the playoffs but dang its hard when they are playing so well. spurs are now 20-11 on the road. think about that.... they started the season 2-8 on the road in the their 1st 10 games. under the radar even to this moment.
73 sixers had 9 wins fwiw
 
Old 04-19-2012, 07:57 AM
 
Location: Cook County
5,288 posts, read 6,369,371 times
Reputation: 3070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
MJ's competitive spirit is what made him so great at basketball and yet so bad at other activities. Not a really uncommon phenomenon IMO.

Look at Isaih Thomas and many many others.
Yeah, I think there is a fair sample size of great players failing at coaching or GMing to say there is a trend.
 
Old 04-19-2012, 12:54 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
927 posts, read 1,210,361 times
Reputation: 476
With last night's victory over Sacramento San Antonio became the league's first team ever to sweep two b2b2b's in a single season. That's what steadyness, depth and great coaching will get you. If Pop isn't coach of the year this season then the coty award is a complete sham. Oh and we'll see how Los Angeles does at the AT&T tomorrow night with Bryant playing. That is if he plays.
 
Old 04-19-2012, 03:25 PM
 
Location: spring tx
7,912 posts, read 8,207,205 times
Reputation: 1982
i guess it takes all kinds but just reading this article on yahoo about melo and how he has a big arse painting of himself in his living room. i mean really? narcissist much?

Carmelo Anthony has a giant Carmelo Anthony painting hanging over his fireplace | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports
 
Old 04-19-2012, 04:37 PM
 
Location: Cook County
5,288 posts, read 6,369,371 times
Reputation: 3070
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
i guess it takes all kinds but just reading this article on yahoo about melo and how he has a big arse painting of himself in his living room. i mean really? narcissist much?

Carmelo Anthony has a giant Carmelo Anthony painting hanging over his fireplace | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports
hahaha, that is gold. Though, we've seen players with tattoos of themselves, so I guess this is a notch lower than that on the narcissism totem pole.
 
Old 04-19-2012, 08:11 PM
 
297 posts, read 340,685 times
Reputation: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
Looks like I was right. I did in fact expect a San Antonio win in LA tonight but what I didn't expect was the complete dismantling of the Lakers tonight that the Spurs handed to them. Far from the 30 rebound performance that he had last week Bynum was held to just 7 tonight. And Gasol was nearly a non-factor. This left things to Artest and the shooters of LA. That of course was a recipe for disaster. Which is exactly what happened to the Lakers. San Antonio so completely dominated the Lakers that the fourth quarter was a moot point. I won't go so far to say that the Lakers are a sham team, especially since Bryant didn't play, but they were revealed as close to one tonight.
This entire post is laughable.
 
Old 04-19-2012, 08:16 PM
 
297 posts, read 340,685 times
Reputation: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
i cant go so over board on this win for the simple fact kobe sat. he is expected to be back friday at SA where we should get a better idea.
That's not the only reason for me. IMO blowouts should be taken with a grain of salt. Sure they are nice and feel great for the fans. But in reality one team showed up, one team did not and that usually is an anomaly. You can tell a lot more from closer and competitive games.
 
Old 04-20-2012, 06:27 AM
 
Location: spring tx
7,912 posts, read 8,207,205 times
Reputation: 1982
so with howard opting for back surgery, the magic are done. 1st round sweep by who ever they face.

the magic need to call his bluff on SVG also. no more babying the players, make him live with the coach because he doesnt call the shots!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top