U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2012, 07:31 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,371,926 times

Advertisements

I'm going to go ahead and declare this bulls season dead. Injuries aren't going away and it's pretty clear they will lose the #1 overall seed as they have a tough 3 games left and the Heat really only have one tough matchup, but ONE more game than the bulls.

So chances are Bulls will get the knicks first round, and D'antoni is no longer there screwing everything up, so I don't see them getting past the knicks. IF they do, they will not beat the Pacers in the second round, who know the bulls well and play them tough. If by some miracle they do get by those two teams, the Heat will sweep the bulls.

Chicago went 0-4 in sports yesterday. I don't know why I put myself through this crap.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:40 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,210,783 times
Wow orange are you going reverse psycology on us or your losing it

Old 04-20-2012, 07:41 AM

52,095 posts, read 41,903,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I'm going to go ahead and declare this bulls season dead. Injuries aren't going away and it's pretty clear they will lose the #1 overall seed as they have a tough 3 games left and the Heat really only have one tough matchup, but ONE more game than the bulls.

So chances are Bulls will get the knicks first round, and D'antoni is no longer there screwing everything up, so I don't see them getting past the knicks. IF they do, they will not beat the Pacers in the second round, who know the bulls well and play them tough. If by some miracle they do get by those two teams, the Heat will sweep the bulls.

Chicago went 0-4 in sports yesterday. I don't know why I put myself through this crap.
Injuries are clearly an issue, but you are really really over-reacting here. They won't get out of the east if Rose isn't healthy and if that's the case then so what? Crap happens like this and they're a young team that will be even tougher next year.

However, I think the Bulls can get to the ECF without much help from Rose and that means he has a month or more to recover.

P.S. Hockey and the Cubs don't count.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
I'm prescribing him 1000cc's of malty beverage and directing him to go look at some nice boobs somewhere. He will be ok.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:04 AM

Quote:
I prefer the term reverse-jinx, but yeah thats hopefully whats at the root of my issues today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Injuries are clearly an issue, but you are really really over-reacting here. They won't get out of the east if Rose isn't healthy and if that's the case then so what? Crap happens like this and they're a young team that will be even tougher next year.

However, I think the Bulls can get to the ECF without much help from Rose and that means he has a month or more to recover.

P.S. Hockey and the Cubs don't count.
Yeah, this should still be a good team for a long time. I just had high hopes for this season. I probably take this harder than I should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm prescribing him 1000cc's of malty beverage and directing him to go look at some nice boobs somewhere. He will be ok.

Thats my kind of doctor....lol

Old 04-20-2012, 08:14 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,886,102 times
Yeah that's definitely some reverse 'something' going on there....

Old 04-20-2012, 07:59 PM

Just when you start thinking hmmm Knicks might not be terrible, they go and lay an egg against one of the worst teams in the league!

Ugh!

How about Boston almost pulling one out on the atl with no rondo, Allen, Garnett, pierce.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Just when you start thinking hmmm Knicks might not be terrible, they go and lay an egg against one of the worst teams in the league!

Ugh!

How about Boston almost pulling one out on the atl with no rondo, Allen, Garnett, pierce.
Wow, all four were out today? I guess its smart to rest up for them at this point the way the standings are

Old 04-20-2012, 10:03 PM

Quote:
I didn't think they were getting much better.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:05 PM

Can we put that loss to the lakers to bed? Or how about the notion that the spurs can't play against teams with solid bigs who rebound well?

Spirs have played 4 games in 5 nights including a B2B2B with 2 games vs lakers and they have averaged 23 point wins. Spurs have won by 91 combined points this week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball