Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2011, 08:33 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,705,450 times

Advertisements

Another random thought, it's still very early but Shaq on TNT so far is a doozy. Mumbles too much, his jokes for the most part have fallen flat, the chemistry with the incumbents is off, and well he just doesn't seem particularly insightful. Things like timing and chemistry you'd expect to take some time, but Shaq doesn't appear that great at dissecting the x's and o's of the game. I think the idea of Shaq and Barkley, two larger than life personalities, was the rationale here but so far, a big MEH. I noted he couldn't help taking a shot at Bosh though, labelling the big three as Lebron, Wade, and Haslem, and dissing Bosh for crying after the finals.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:02 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,534,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Bear in mind that Rose is 6'3, 4 inches taller with a bigger body than Iverson who was a legit force until 33. Wade is in the same range size-wise, and still going strong at 30. Rose is in the same athletic hemisphere as those guys. It's fair to assume he will continue to develop and not rely on god given talent and physical ability as he matures. He's what, 22/23? His career hasn't even started yet, really...still in its infancy stages.
ROse-overhyped can barely talk
Wade-hurt way to much

Kobe makes these guys look like chumps. As he stated last night, you are a professional, play through the pain.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
Wade-hurt way to much

Kobe makes these guys look like chumps. As he stated last night, you are a professional, play through the pain.
Typical Laker homer reply from you. What the hell does Rose's linquistic ability have to do with his playing ability? Wade had two injury-plaqued seasons. Otherwise, he's played in 75, 76, 77(twice) and 79 games per season. Another myth shot down. For that matter, what the hell does Kobe even have to do with anything I said? There's some good posters in here that contribute some good, hearty discussion, and then there's people like you who charge in here every once in a while to remind us how far your head is stuck up the Lakers and/or Kobe's backside. Give it a damn rest.

While I appreciate Kobe's ability to play through pain, it occurs to me that this is all part of the narrative with him, part of the mystique if you will. 'Look at me- every bone is broken, but I'm still out here playing. You're a p***y if you choose not to play through injuries.' Please....players play with injuries all the time, Kobes just happens to be out in the open all the time because of who he is. And he milks it for all its worth.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:56 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
Wade-hurt way to much

Kobe has a ton of faults in both his game and his personal life, but the first, nobody is talking about right now in this thread, the second is just immature babble that no self respecting person would care about.

Old 12-29-2011, 06:44 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times
read an article on projectspurs.com a week ago or so about how alvin gentry says NO TEAM can run with his suns and how their offense is the best offense ever. LMAO just had to share, considering if the playoffs counted they would be 0-4 and they would have lost by an average of 15.5 ppg. steve nash looks like his game is either leaving him or has left him already.

Old 12-29-2011, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
steve nash looks like his game is either leaving him or has left him already.
I haven't seen the Suns yet this season so can't comment on that, but I wouldn't be surprised. Nash afterall is 38 on his next birthday...or maybe he's just off to a slow start?

Old 12-29-2011, 09:53 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times
Nash had 4 points, 1 assist, 6 turnovers and 4 fouls in 18 minutes last night. When was the last time he had a game like that?

Old 12-29-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Nash had 4 points, 1 assist, 6 turnovers and 4 fouls in 18 minutes last night. When was the last time he had a game like that?
Hmmm.... I think I'd need a bigger sample size than 2 games into the season. Hell, Westbrook went 0-13 last night, easily the worst I've seen him play. Wade had a crap night last night asides from the gamewinner....it happens.

Old 12-29-2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Hmmm.... I think I'd need a bigger sample size than 2 games into the season. Hell, Westbrook went 0-13 last night, easily the worst I've seen him play. Wade had a crap night last night asides from the gamewinner....it happens.
Agree on needing a bigger sample size, but it seems rational to think his game is going to fall into sharp decline, right about...now, with his age and the team around him. Great career for Nash though, I know we have discussed on this board that he might be the worst 2 time MVP winner ever, but still he was a lot of fun to watch.

Old 12-29-2011, 11:35 AM

Stuff like this probably doesn't mean much but I found it interesting

Oklahoma City Thunder's Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook clash during timeout - ESPN

Maybe Westbrook was frusturated since he couldn't buy a bucket. It's a good win for the Thunder though when your second best player gets skunked on FGs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball