Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2012, 01:04 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Was watching the Lakers/Blazers game last night. The Blazers are the real deal. Pretty damn deep team.....Felton and Crawford are really gonna give this team a lift....Wallace is just unbelievable. Didn't realize he could check Kobe.

The Hawks need to blow up that team....they lost to a Heat team with no Wade and LBJ...pretty pathetic...that whole team has low ball IQ
Yeah, agree on both points. Blazers look good, which is refreshing since that franchise has had some tough luck recently.

The Hawks, man, they just love to blow games. Josh Smith is a cry-baby flopper who drives me nuts.

Old 01-06-2012, 01:07 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,705,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post

The Hawks need to blow up that team....they lost to a Heat team with no Wade and LBJ...pretty pathetic...that whole team has low ball IQ
I agree with Barkley's assessment last night. Without Wade/Lebron the Hawks subconsciously let their guard down, teams are usually psyched to play the Heat. The Hawks are very talented, mental toughness is a big question mark though. They had the Bulls on the ropes the other night, and cracked when Chicago started applying the pressure. They're a mid-tier playoff team at best, as high as seed 4 or as low as 6. Either way they're no threat to beat the Heat or Bulls in a 7 game series. I'm still wondering how the hell Joe Johnson got $120 million, worst....contract....ever.

Old 01-06-2012, 01:51 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
I agree with Barkley's assessment last night. Without Wade/Lebron the Hawks subconsciously let their guard down, teams are usually psyched to play the Heat. The Hawks are very talented, mental toughness is a big question mark though. They had the Bulls on the ropes the other night, and cracked when Chicago started applying the pressure. They're a mid-tier playoff team at best, as high as seed 4 or as low as 6. Either way they're no threat to beat the Heat or Bulls in a 7 game series. I'm still wondering how the hell Joe Johnson got $120 million, worst....contract....ever.
Yep. 100%.

That being said, Atlanta can beat any other team in the east in a 7 game series....which goes to show how top heavy the east is.

Old 01-11-2012, 01:27 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,144,066 times
I can't figure my team out. We beat the Knicks, Bulls and last night the Heat. With games like these we should have a much better record. Way to be consistent Warriors!!!

Old 01-11-2012, 01:41 AM

167 posts, read 268,779 times
Kobe Bean Bryant dropped 48 points last night against the Suns. Fun fact: that's the most points scored in a single game by an NBA player in at least his 16th season.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:23 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,861 times
Fun game last night in MN. D Rose and Rubio put on a show. Bulls opened up a huge lead, then Rubio helped lead them back to tie the game at 70-70 in the 3rd. When it was all done though, bulls won by 11, thanks to Rose and Deng.

As usual Noah was on the bench for the end of the game and Asik was in there. It's sad how much Noah has regressed, but Asik's emergence as a quality big obviously softens that blow.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:31 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,705,450 times
I've only caught a few Bulls games this season....what's going on with Noah?

Old 01-11-2012, 08:28 AM

Quote:
I've only caught a few Bulls games this season....what's going on with Noah?
Mainly his minutes are down.

My guess is that he either has some sort of nagging injury or (more likely) he came into the season out of shape and that's causing Thib to go to his deep bench and cut Noah's minutes.

I'm not freaking out at this point, it's good for Asik's and Gibsons development and trade value if it comes down to it.

Also, seems like Boozer is playing better which I was hoping for since he had the injury early last year and also was coming into a new situation.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
I can't figure my team out. We beat the Knicks, Bulls and last night the Heat. With games like these we should have a much better record. Way to be consistent Warriors!!!
Well, everybody beats the Knicks but yeah....to beat the Heat and Bulls is impressive. Inconsistent play is what drives me NUTS about a team.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Other than the occasional hyperbole Barkley is generally very very astute in his observations and willingness to actually speak his mind where other commentators wouldn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball